Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Horrors did you slide out the driveway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No snow here yet, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Horrors? Get to the carpark early and it's fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Jaysus saw an 09 kk Focus ST how much is that to tax!
    Still fair play to them obviously it was what they wanted!

Thanks to MM for pointing it out as I wouldn've missed it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

coolisin wrote: »

I'm really hoping to pick one up before the summer :D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Horrors did you slide out the driveway?
    Nah, i took the one that was outside already:D at the moment they are both 'mine':p
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Horrors? Get to the carpark early and it's fun. :D

They didnt open the outside carpark today:mad:
    Good thing i live in a cul de sac, with a big turning area outside my house:D

Got a finger wagging today from the police municipale, they didnt think my 'touch of handbrake to keep the front from pushing' was appropriate:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

arm-lift-after-left.jpg

+

Extremity-leg.jpeg?1344957334

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

There's a couple of ten reg ones on Carzone too. Ones an ancient pre face lift though. One in donegal looks nice if you exclude the bills.

€1200 ain't too bad, I was expecting the highest band under the "green" rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The post 08 ST's are cheaper to tax than the pre 08 ones... ;)

I don't know how that chap on DD managed to get a pre facelift with a 10 reg, it's Irish as well. It must have been sitting on a forecourt a very long time. He's dreaming with his asking of €22k though. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

dar83 wrote: »
    The post 08 ST's are cheaper to tax than the pre 08 ones... ;)

I don't know how that chap on DD managed to get a pre facelift with a 10 reg, it's Irish as well. It must have been sitting on a forecourt a very long time. He's dreaming with his asking of €22k though. :P

Big time!

It was up a few months back for 27k though, so he's slowly getting there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Brrrrr it's chilly up here.... Yet no snow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I've not seen a flake of the white stuff. Tempted to put on the hiking boots and head for Kippure or somewhere like that.

Get the fook are they??
    I'm shocked. I would've expected a higher tax obviously.
    Well I'm impressed somebody is buying an interesting car in 09 and impressed there is one in 2010.
    I'd like to meet them and high five them.

Nope, engine size tax is higher for us than the emissions. It was only a €50 difference when I bought mine, but I think the gap has increased since, so they're actually better value (subjective I know) now for a 08 and up than 07 and before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Broken down under the bridge in Dundrum. Alternator belt is completely gone, as in not in the engine bay anymore. Must have fallen out on the road somewhere.

Right on a corner and all, god help me.

Aw Feck man, Today was the one day I barely logged on here at all and I'm not far from Dundrum bridge, could have popped down...

Think of the irony of the Alfa driver giving a Nissan driver a dig out when the Almera gives up.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Wow, the newgrandge has a small car park.... A big hotel with no more than 60 spaces? Errrrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Its really hoofing it down here now, came home from work, nothing to do!
    Might spend my morning building un bon homme du niege :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

pred racer wrote: »
    Its really hoofing it down here now, came home from work, nothing to do!
    Might spend my morning building un bon homme du niege :D
    Went for a walk yesterday. It got up to our waist at one stage. Had my lunch in a snow cave. Was cool..... Literally.....

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »

Aw Feck man, Today was the one day I barely logged on here at all and I'm not far from Dundrum bridge, could have popped down...

Think of the irony of the Alfa driver giving a Nissan driver a dig out when the Almera gives up.... :D

I'd of had to hang my head in shame. Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

dgt wrote: »
    Wow, the newgrandge has a small car park.... A big hotel with no more than 60 spaces? Errrrr....

Yup its small alright and can be tricky to negotiate! One my of wedding guests got their car stuck trying to get out of the place!

To be fair to here she hadn't passed her test long and wasn't used to going down the ramps in car parks so it was a great learning experience for her!

Just putting the belt on and I realise I was given the wrong belt. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

motors off chat isn't the place to voice your personal dislikes on anybody you know, then post a link to their contact details. It's about the cars, not about who pays for their insurance, whether they're dodging vrt, how they drive, whether they've crashed etc. the posts in question have been removed.

I think that this lads tracking is off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Snow was falling in mondello today... Coldest place on earth at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MugMugs wrote: »
    I think that this lads tracking is off.

I've seen that one a few times, how that thing is still going, and not on fire I could never understand!

I've seen that one a few times, how that thing is still going, and not on fire I could never understand!

You've just woken the German fan bois :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Sorry Colm, it won't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Just putting the belt on and I realise I was given the wrong belt. Ugh.

I was meant to post because I only saw your post about breaking down 2 hours after it was postrd and I was actually coming out of dundrum town center. if I had seen the post on the way in I wouldve definitely went around to give ya dig out !

glad your gettinf sorted though. the lads thatgave the wrong belt usually have no problem swapping them out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement