Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Fairly snowy in Monaghan in places.... Slush on the roads, be careful people!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anybody up the wicklow gap / sally gap? How passable are they in a Defender? I've not been up there since the snow of 2010 and then it wasn't awfully bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'll be getting that belt changed tomorrow (and buying a power steering belt while I'm at it) and changing both of them tomorrow.
    Bloody cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'll be getting that belt changed tomorrow (and buying a power steering belt while I'm at it) and changing both of them tomorrow.
    Bloody silver cars...

Fyp:D

:pac:

Never buying another one again.
    Good oul superstition. :p

Also, those engine bays are made for the small hands of the Japanese. My big lumps had serious trouble getting access to the belts and nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Never buying another one again.
    Good oul superstition. :p

Also, those engine bays are made for the small hands of the Japanese. My big lumps had serious trouble getting access to the belts and nuts.

Most cars are like that now :( had to remove a headlamp to replace the bulb in my car, bloody nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

BX 19 wrote: »
    Anybody up the wicklow gap / sally gap? How passable are they in a Defender? I've not been up there since the snow of 2010 and then it wasn't awfully bad.

I wouldn't risk it. A few call outs been made by mountain rescue services lately.

http://www.dwmrt.ie/callouts/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

MarkMc wrote: »
    Most cars are like that now :( had to remove a headlamp to replace the bulb in my car, bloody nightmare
    Sad to confirm. And even sometimes one have to remove bumper first, then remove headlamp. czolemme6.gif

Hal1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't risk it. A few call outs been made by mountain rescue services lately.

http://www.dwmrt.ie/callouts/index.html

Pffft be grand. The defender was up there in the 2010 and it made it back down. I'm more worried is the actual road still there or has it drifted over. If the road is still there, no problems. Bit of air out of the tyres for extra grip.

You get silly people heading up in small cars and not realising when there over their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah..... my wallet took the damage today again... I was putting away few quid each week and today my savings blew up. They have finally put up Lego F1 car for sale today.

NewBitmapImage2_zpsf3deab29.png

should be cool!

8232881449_cee1ede155.jpg?w=580

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Sad to confirm. And even sometimes one have to remove bumper first, then remove headlamp. czolemme6.gif

Thats me:o
    I have to replace one of my headlights (just bought it on ebay:))
    The bumper has to come off:rolleyes:

Last time I go to a quick fit type place to get my headlights adjusted, the stupid donkey tightened the adjusting bolt so much he broke the moulding for the headlight!
    It passed the nct straight after, but they only check the dim, the headlight is actually flapping around inside the headlight unit.

It took me a while, but I finally found out why my drivers headlight shines on the road about 1m in front of the car:mad:

Try the 1974 diesel in the N15 body ;)
    69352-1005.jpg

And count your lucky stars it isn't French!
    pige20volant.jpg1..jpg

Wedged! Everything wedged in an xantia.

I've said it before you cannot beat the defender 200tdi. Everything nicely reachable with the hands of a normal person. No contortionist manoeuvres needed.

200tdidiscovery.jpg

Right well I'm not worst off but its still knuckle busting work with that car. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Jaysus it was cold today just finished a 6 hour sunday slog in a freezing warehouse and went up to fill the beast and my belly and i was at the country and literally couldn't put more than 2 words together i was so fecked with the bone deep cold

Jaysus it was cold today just finished a 6 hour sunday slog in a freezing warehouse and went up to fill the beast and my belly and i was at the country and literally couldn't put more than 2 words together i was so fecked with the bone deep cold

Only 2 words needed........petrol

Pie:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Seriously freezing here too. shaking with the cold freezing

Stheno wrote: »

Open fire is lit here and were still in coats and wooly hats! My fingers are numb! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got a parking ticket a minute ago. Nice old way to end the weekend.

Got two jumpers and the heating on. Toasty. :cool:

• Advertisement

15 cm of snow here now, not as cold as it was though, -4 tonight it was -10 during the week.

It was fun going to work this morning:D
    No-one in france works on a sunday, seemingly including gritters and snow ploughs. Nothing out till after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

pred racer wrote: »
    15 cm of snow here now, not as cold as it was though, -4 tonight it was -10 during the week.

It was fun going to work this morning:D
    No-one in france works on a sunday, seemingly including gritters and snow ploughs. Nothing out till after lunch.
    I'm quite jealous tbh. Last big snow we had I saved a fortune on fuel. I was driving slowly and it did wonders for my MPG :D

Be careful, u dont want to damage your new hip while you're out and about;)

:D:p
    MugMugs wrote: »
    I'm quite jealous tbh. Last big snow we had I saved a fortune on fuel. I was driving slowly and it did wonders for my MPG :D

Its a 1.5dci clio, the only way to have bad mpg is to bring it on the motorway:cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Be careful, u dont want to damage your new hip while you're out and about;)

What do you mean my new hip?:confused:

What do you mean my new hip?:confused:

You're old, you've been gimpy for the last couple of months.......

Its not funny when you have to explain it:p

You're old, you've been gimpy for the last couple of months.......

Its not funny when you have to explain it:p

It's my knee old man!

It's my knee old man!

Ah c'mon now, dodgy knee jokes are just too easy!

Falling in love is hard on the knees;)

It's my knee old man!

Did you get a new knee?

RoverJames wrote: »
    Did you get a new knee?

No I've just wrecked the one I've always had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

No I've just wrecked the one I've always had

You only have one!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement