Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jimdagym wrote: »
    You only have one!!!!!

I knew some wag would say that!

One of my knees is wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

just watched Downfall, ich habe vergessen wie gut es ist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Can anyone here recommend a place in Dublin or Meath that will print stickers for windows? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dgt wrote: »
    Can anyone here recommend a place in Dublin or Meath that will print stickers for windows? :)

Toyotafanboi (andy) does that ;)

Toyotafanboi (andy) does that ;)

I'm making up a sticker using paint at the mo, I'll ask him and see what he says :D

I must be the only gimp using paint and not photoshop, instagram or gimp :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm making up a sticker using paint at the mo, I'll ask him and see what he says :D

I must be the only gimp using paint and not photoshop, instagram or gimp :pac:

This was posted in the photography forum recently,
    linky
    It's from adobe, licensed copies. Photoshop cs2 is there, for mac and windows. Cs6 is out now, so its a couple of years old, but streets ahead of gimp and other free photo editors.

linky
    It's from adobe, licensed copies. Photoshop cs2 is there, for mac and windows. Cs6 is out now, so its a couple of years old, but streets ahead of gimp and other free photo editors.

I have PS4 I'm just too thick to use it :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have PS4 I'm just too thick to use it :(

Hate photoshop, gimp is easier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

GIMP is handy, easy to use, and free. Has everything I need anyway. Photoshop just confuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

linky

CS6 is out?
    Hmm... I may have look into buying this.
    I'm "stuck" with CS5 right now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I like GIMP too, takes ages to load of some of uccs shoite computers though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Gimp suits me too (Nuk nuk nuk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Supposed to snow up here tonight. I hope to god it does.. Day off FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Supposed to snow up here tonight. I hope to god it does.. Day off FTW!

Same as plan to look out window at 9am, yawn say "Oh yay Snow" and go back to bed till 11 :p

Same as plan to look out window at 9am, yawn say "Oh yay Snow" and go back to bed till 11 :p

Ya, I woke up this morning and looked out the window to expect there to be snow... But there wasn't

There last week I had a dream it snowed, my mother called me I just kept replying that it had snowed. Got out of bed and discovered I caught the winter bug... Ya, not nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

quick question

The CR-V is gone, great car but got a great offer so took it,

i miss automatic now badly, getting a lil annoyed with so much manual work in the civic,

thinking of throwing the civic up for sale and picking up either a SAAB or Volvo.

is this a good idea ? civic has a few miles but has a lot of work and papar work to it including a clutch done 4K miles ago i think. also i would take the scummy lights and screen radio and put it all back factory basic before selling and getting a good proper valet.

thinking selling the civic for around 8.5K o.n.o mark and getting a decent volvo or SAAB petrol 1.8T auto or 2.0T auto for less cash.

sound good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Snow - fvck yeah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

There was a lot of nervous nellies out, when it was nothing but "rain" on the ground.
    You'd swear nobody learned anything a couple of years ago.
    The All seasons on the Mazda seemed ok, if it snows worse ill know the truth later.
    The rear wheel drive action did not appeal this morning at all encase it gets worse later.

:D

385202_460374497351664_1879918241_n.jpg

OSI wrote: »

You still doing deliveries KSL? Can't imagine the costs are going to be too appealing on an auto 2.0T petrol if you're doing deliveries.

no im out that business now. recruitment agency has me in a call centre now so im not too worried about mpg for this. wouldrather the extra comfort and auto box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

quick question

The CR-V is gone, great car but got a great offer so took it,

i miss automatic now badly, getting a lil annoyed with so much manual work in the civic,

thinking of throwing the civic up for sale and picking up either a SAAB or Volvo.

is this a good idea ? civic has a few miles but has a lot of work and papar work to it including a clutch done 4K miles ago i think. also i would take the scummy lights and screen radio and put it all back factory basic before selling and getting a good proper valet.

thinking selling the civic for around 8.5K o.n.o mark and getting a decent volvo or SAAB petrol 1.8T auto or 2.0T auto for less cash.

sound good ?
    You'd be doing very well to sell for 8.5 tbh

no im out that business now. recruitment agency has me in a call centre now so im not too worried about mpg for this. wouldrather the extra comfort and auto box

Sounds like a plan but your price on the civic might be a bit out. Wouldn't limit myself to Volvo or Saab tbh, plenty choice out there, Saab or Volvo are great options though no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Snow! Woot woot!

I am working tomorrow, so hopefully it will still be snowing. Carpark hotel is empty during the week and early hours! Will try out Subaru AWD!!! :D

An Damn, no snow. :(

Snow! Woot woot!

I am working tomorrow, so hopefully it will still be snowing. Carpark hotel is empty during the week and early hours! Will try out Subaru AWD!!! :D

Typical! The year I have the MPS, no snow. Then I go back to RWD and what do we have?? feckin' cocaine everywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Really heavy snow this morning in Dunshaughlin on the way to the train station, crawling along - as soon as I get to town... nothing, and I don't think work will believe me that I "need" to work from home tomorrow :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You'd be doing very well to sell for 8.5 tbh

was thinking that myself tbh but I was looking around online at the year and engine and that seems to be what they come back at.

I was gonna go with the likes of that and see what I get offered. I know I wouldn't get very close to the asking price.

I leaning more towards volvo aswell tbh.saab not having any dealerships and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Hate photoshop, gimp is easier

Do I have to even say it?:p

She is for sale lads any takers? :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4437744

View2-16868523.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

She is for sale lads any takers? :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4437744