Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dar83 wrote: »
    It wasn't meant as a sleight on the Jimny, it was more on its driver, who would clearly never be driving it off road, but of course had the headlights and mahoosive fogs on as well.

The "must buy jeep, safer and higher road view, but I can't drive a big/proper one so it must be small etc..." mentality. ;)

Or because that person liked that type of car and is free to drive what they wish. Obviously cannot excuse poor driving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

166man wrote: »
    Or because that person liked that type of car and is free to drive what they wish. Obviously cannot excuse poor driving though.
    noone could surely 'like' a suzuki jimny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

esso on n4 now have lrp at palmetstown outbound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

esso on n4 now have lrp at palmetstown outbound

Lead Replacement Petrol? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I enjoyed driving one round greek island on holiday. Reminded me of my old Nissan Sunny in a way - boggo as f***, but everything worked, it was light for the power it had etc. RWD in "standard" mode too. Of course, I was driving it like I stole rented it... :o

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »

Lead Replacement Petrol? :confused:

definitely lrp ... confusing me to hell it is

its between unleaded and diesel on the sign ... still awaiting the price on it

I haven't seen LRP for sale in years... It must be an old pump housing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

166man wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Didn't want to start a new thread as i'm not 100% yet, but i'm on the hunt for an Alpina B7, 2005-2007.

Anyone know any good resources bar autotrader UK, pistonheads and the alpinaregister? I can only find two for sale in the UK. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

advertsfox wrote: »
    Opinions on possible wheels people?
    Ok so I have stumbled upon another set. I'm trying to stick to a budget here if possible and I've searched endlessly for OEM wheels (there are none anywhere which is not counting less that 15" wheels). Here's a possible set I can get for a little over €100 with 2 new 205/45/17 tyres and in great condition.

0MfnDi1.pngLSNNZUS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I kinda like them. There not bad, for a budget. :)

I kinda like them. There not bad, for a budget. :)
    Same sentiment man, just want to get away from my steel "bike sized" wheels at present :P

Same sentiment man, just want to get away from my steel "bike sized" wheels at present :P

Ya, they look good IMHO and sure you could always save up for a fancier set later on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Like ?

Id feckin love one, small, light, cheap, will fit on a small trailer, will take 33 inch tyres with small work.. will ... go.... anywhere :D

Like ?

Id feckin love one, small, light, cheap, will fit on a small trailer, will take 33 inch tyres with small work.. will ... go.... anywhere :D

Ya, a Aunt has one. She wasn't very impressed though when I took it off road. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just paid my motor tax €514 to the robbing cnuts! nct next month .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Didn't want to start a new thread as i'm not 100% yet, but i'm on the hunt for an Alpina B7, 2005-2007.

Anyone know any good resources bar autotrader UK, pistonheads and the alpinaregister? I can only find two for sale in the UK. :/

Well, you basically mentioned all the places I know of already so.. :pac:
    I initially set out to buy an Alpina B12 Coupe when I was planning on getting the E31, had to settle for the BMW inhouse effort instead once I found out how rare (and sometimes hyper expensive) they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Sytner of Nottingham is definitely worth a shout. I'd live in their showroom :D

http://www.sytnernottinghambmw.co.uk/alpina/

BTW I'm insanely jealous if you get one, its on my list of to gets.

Ok so I have stumbled upon another set. I'm trying to stick to a budget here if possible and I've searched endlessly for OEM wheels (there are none anywhere which is not counting less that 15" wheels). Here's a possible set I can get for a little over €100 with 2 new 205/45/17 tyres and in great condition.

0MfnDi1.pngLSNNZUS.jpg

No, they don't suit imo :o

They belong on a half modified 99 4 door astra, prefably green and with "RACING TUNING" on the back with a fart cannon or a half shagged white 01 Focus 1.4 3 door with a bad replica ST bodykit (apologies for any Astra or Focus owners but just making a point!). They spell cheap and nasty to me.... Sorry :o

See what you think of either this big image or
    4FiatGrandePuntoAbarth.jpg

:)

No, they don't suit imo :o

They belong on a half modified 99 4 door astra, prefably green and with "RACING TUNING" on the back with a fart cannon or a half shagged white 01 Focus 1.4 3 door with a bad replica ST bodykit (apologies for any Astra or Focus owners but just making a point!). They spell cheap and nasty to me.... Sorry :o

See what you think of either this big image or
    4FiatGrandePuntoAbarth.jpg

:)
    Haha please dgt, don't hold back your thoughts and opinions :P

I love both of those sets, esp. the BBS style ones but don't have near enough the budgie. Guess it's time to sit on me notes for a while and keep an eye out :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fart cannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Stheno wrote: »
    fart cannon?

Big, dirty, loud 8 inch wide exhaust that was always on boyracer civics during the good times :D

I haven't seen LRP for sale in years... It must be an old pump housing :)

they only maf a new sogn for it today lad.

just no numbers on the sign but definitely only put there recently ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Howdy guys!

Haven't been on here much lately.
    Need two back tyres now, there bald and lethal! Drifted around a roundabout yesterday!!! :p

OSI wrote: »
    'ello. Was only wondering where you disappeared to today.

Haha yeah the auld personal life got pretty complicated there... mrs gollywog is no more... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

they only maf a new sogn for it today lad.

just no numbers on the sign but definitely only put there recently ! :)

On the KSaL today are we? :p
    gollywog wrote: »
    Howdy guys!

Haven't been on here much lately.
    Need two back tyres now, there bald and lethal! Drifted around a roundabout yesterday!!! :p

Forget the tyres, you still need that full respray. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Welcome back GW, swap the fronts to the back and get new fronts as they are your driven wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Well, you basically mentioned all the places I know of already so.. :pac:
    I initially set out to buy an Alpina B12 Coupe when I was planning on getting the E31, had to settle for the BMW inhouse effort instead once I found out how rare (and sometimes hyper expensive) they are.

How do you mean inhouse, did you go through the dealer network? I'd like the peace of mind buying through a dealer, but its sure to be mental money for an Alpina through a dealer. I'll have to enquire about VRT on a B7 compared to a regular 7.
    renofan wrote: »
    Sytner of Nottingham is definitely worth a shout. I'd live in their showroom :D

http://www.sytnernottinghambmw.co.uk/alpina/

BTW I'm insanely jealous if you get one, its on my list of to gets.

Thanks for the link, bookmarked!

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »

Forget the tyres, you still need that full respray. :pac:

Ha ha i'll be needing that for some time to come too!!
    OSI wrote: »
    You gonna stick the fronts on the back, or just grab a set for the back?
    Welcome back GW, swap the fronts to the back and get new fronts as they are your driven wheels.

Ya i'm going to do that, fronts have alot left so would make sense like!!!
    Expensive auld game this motoring! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement