Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Van is less than 6 months old. I presume being a renault master it'd be michelens that are on it but i'll check later, happened on the m8 so potholes shouldn't be an issue,

edit, yes he pulled into the hard shoulder. With the line of work that he is in I'd doubt it'd be over loaded.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tuborg_man wrote: »
    Van is less than 6 months old. I presume being a renault master it'd be michelens that are on it but i'll check later, happened on the m8 so potholes shouldn't be an issue,

edit, yes he pulled into the hard shoulder. With the line of work that he is in I'd doubt it'd be over loaded.

Jeepers, glad he is ok :)

I've found the M8 can have a lot of debris at times, could be he hit something nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Just in case anyone is interested, this is the price of fuel in France.

DSC_0074.jpg

Pic not great, the bottom one is daysul;)

pred racer wrote: »
    Pic not great, the bottom one is daysul;)

I think diesel is about £1.35/£1.40 in England at the moment :) Petrol is cheaper over there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Pred - The 1.51, is that high octane petrol?

• Advertisement

I'd much rather pay €1.35 thanks.

What has you in england?

Pred - The 1.51, is that high octane petrol?

Yep,

This garage doesnt sell the e85, thats less than a euro a litre, ill check on sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dam frogs taking all our cheap fuel.

Completely unrelated, Im watching the news and some French bird is after pushing another bird in front of a train:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

RoverJames wrote: »
    Petrol is cheaper over there though.

By right it should be cheaper here aswell but the government have always kept the tax lower on diesel.

• Advertisement

By right it should be cheaper here aswell but the government have always kept the tax lower on diesel.

Proper order, ye boy racers drivin round in yer high powered sports cars, wasting the planets resources, while us daysul drivers are green and caring and worthy of a tax break. :D

Proper order, ye boy racers drivin round in yer high powered sports cars, wasting the planets resources, while us daysul drivers are green and caring and worthy of a tax break. :D

:rolleyes: :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does the amount of energy that goes into making a daysul battery not kinda cancel that out?

What has you in england?

Went over for a few days, a sos beag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

As above, I'll take my big old V8 instead of a Leaf to save the planet. :)

Would be a decent money spinner for them to right that wrong too in these recessionary times, especially with the majority of private yokes sold since 2008 being diesel,a win win situation :D

:rolleyes: :P
    :D
    Stheno wrote: »
    Does the amount of energy that goes into making a daysul battery not kinda cancel that out?

God no, all that comes out of my exhaust is baby dolphins;)
    Went over for a few days, a sos beag :)

Pas mal.

Would be a decent money spinner for them to right that wrong too in these recessionary times, especially with the majority of private yokes sold since 2008 being diesel,a win win situation :D

Would also bring down the diesel fanatics down a perch or two. :)
    I assume they keep it low due to haulage,etc.

OSI wrote: »
    Aren't there a ridiculous number of toll roads in France though?

Yes, you cant go 10km outside paris without paying. I can drive from here (mennecy) to the airport without any tolls (1hr motorway journey in light traffic) without paying anything:)
    But you can drive the length of the country without ever getting off the motorway. Paris to st Tropez 5 hrs. You can stay off the motorway on the national roads if you're not in a hurry, but I wouldnt reccomend it unless you are in dawdle mode.

Would also bring down the diesel fanatics down a perch or two. :)
    I assume they keep it low due to haulage,etc.

Yeah hauliers and busses and the likes.

I wonder could they realistically introduce a two tiered system one for private cars, one for hauliers?

• Advertisement

I wonder could they realistically introduce a two tiered system one for private cars, one for hauliers?

A system where by anyone claiming VAT back on diesel could claim a portion of the extra tax back too per litre could easily be implemented. (I use easily in the literal sense of the word, get public servants working on it and it might well become not so easy)

A system where by anyone claiming VAT back on diesel could claim a portion of the extra tax back too per litre could easily be implemented. (I use easily in the literal sense of the word, get public servants working on it and it might well become not so easy)

That's actually a good approach to it.

They were talking about something like that to get rid of green diesel, i.e. that those who legitimately use green diesel could stop and use normal diesel but claim a rebate due to the nature of it's use.

Probably save a fortune on customs and excise checkpoints/raids etc

That's actually a good approach to it.........

I should really get into politics :D

I should really get into politics :D

I think you might be better off sticking to the day job?

Politicians have to kiss babies, and listen to all sorts of guff you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I always avoid cars with aftermarket steering wheel covers.

The corolla wheel is very durable as its not leather.

Seriously rubbish photos.

What are the two lights on in the dash? I imagine one is the handbrake, can't figure out the other.

Decent price for a Corolla of that year though, if what they say is true.

No mention of how long the NCT is for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

The other could be low fuel?

Said it just past the nct in the ad i think

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seriously rubbish photos.

What are the two lights on in the dash? I imagine one is the handbrake, can't figure out the other.

Decent price for a Corolla of that year though, if what they say is true.

No mention of how long the NCT is for either.

Handbrake and door open

• Advertisement

The other could be low fuel?

Said it just past the nct in the ad i think

Could be, have no idea, just noticed the two and put one down to handbrake :)

Yeah, I was just wondering how long the NCT is for, could be anything from four months to 15 :)

They do mention service history which is always good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement