Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I did something similar with the RX8 but that had specific maintenance nozzles on each rotor housing. I filled a 2ltr 7up bottle with a "mixture" of water and WD40, cut a holt in the lid and fed a tube through that and taped it up to make it airtight.

Then connected the other end to the nozzle, started up the engine and let the water/WD40 get sucked out by the engine.

Howld on a second here boss. You "mixed" water and water displacer, and then ran it through the engine? Is it any wonder rotary engines need rebuilds :pac:

coolisin wrote: »
    Coffee shouldn't relax you, but if you treat it like a comfort thing then I can see why.
    Your clearly addicted, as long as its decent coffee and not Nescafé freeze dried instant muck!
    Not entirely true. Caffeine effectively boosts your dopamine (aka reward) levels, which could easily cause someone to feel more relaxed.
    On motor related news, genuinely what is the craic with the Dublin motortax office still going through tax and licence applications sent in on the 10th of Jan what the flip.
    All I wanna do is pay my tax and be done!

From what I've heard, the MTO's were rolling out the new licenses from around the 10th or 12th of the month, despite all media saying the 19th. I wouldn't be surprised if that's whats causing the backlog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The look I would go for is something more like Vectra's Toledo (only with more skanger :pac:)

Those Jettas are nicer alright but they go for strong money these days :(

To the world of my sig.....?! :eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Not entirely true. Caffeine effectively boosts your dopamine (aka reward) levels, which could easily cause someone to feel more relaxed.

Ah, that explains that so!

I, er, need to start drinking more coffee again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    To the world of my sig.....?! :eek:

:pac:

You're one to talk:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Howld on a second here boss. You "mixed" water and water displacer, and then ran it through the engine? Is it any wonder rotary engines need rebuilds :pac:

Oh my god you're a funny little man aren't ya?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Oh my god you're a funny little man aren't ya?!

You have to admit, it sounds like a stupid thing to try and run an engine on:D

I'm back on the auld sod after nearly 3 weeks. My house is so fookin cold brrrr.

The brakes on the alfa are still working though:p

pred racer wrote: »

Well I suppose something on it has to work :p

Not as stupid as diesel :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm back on the auld sod after nearly 3 weeks. My house is so fookin cold brrrr.

Did you get the brembo brakes you were looking for?

Well I suppose something on it has to work :p
    Not as stupid as diesel :D:D

The fanboi's are out in force tonight:rolleyes:

Jelousy is a cruel mistress boi's:cool:

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »

image.png

Its a refurb kit for the brembo's I already have that im looking for.
    image.png

Worry more about MM nicking your turbo mate:p

Edit: smartass :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

^^^^

What did I say?

@ pred, all I remembered was something to do with brakes, them needing to be dual rather than single? and that they were brembo.

^^^^

What did I say?

@ pred, all I remembered was something to do with brakes, them needing to be dual rather than single? and that they were brembo.

Dont mind that pair, they have obviously been at the sweeties again:D
    And they know their cars will never be as beautiful as ours :cool:

Yeah, they are 2pot brembos on the front, I can only find a refurb kit for a single piston caliper.

Dont mind that pair, they have obviously been at the sweeties again:D
    And they know their cars will never be as beautiful as ours :cool:

Yeah, they are 2pot brembos on the front, I can only find a refurb kit for a single piston caliper.

I'll drop into our motor factors tomorrow if ya want (on my way to the gym :eek:) and see if they have them/can get them in.

I reckon the two of them are just gearing up to see each other at the meet :)

Ahem.....
    I was only going to meet pred, so I'll have to cancel

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nice video

I'll drop into our motor factors tomorrow if ya want (on my way to the gym :eek:) and see if they have them/can get them in.

Thanks!
    Yeah it'll be MM, CM and conzy..... The toxic fanboi triplets,
    I heard MM is dyeing his hair red to fit in:eek:
    Ahem.....

Thats coz I'm a nice well mannered individual that can make intelligent conversation and I dont drive or talk about Bmw's:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Everyone should just sub' Drive and we wouldn't have to keep posting their videos. :p

• Advertisement

Now there's a Bmw a lad wouldnt mind being seen in!

Lads odd question, lowering springs or rear diffuser first ?

Have some extra money next week and getting some Team Heko wind deflectors and one or the other, rprings will work out over a hundred quid more but it's one or the other

Thanks!
    Yeah it'll be MM, CM and conzy..... The toxic fanboi triplets,
    I heard MM is dyeing his hair red to fit in:eek:

CM burned MMs red for him earlier, strangely in a bmw thread :D

I dont drive or talk about Bmw's:pac::pac::D

3 minutes later.....
    Now there's a Bmw a lad wouldnt mind being seen in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

3 minutes later.....
    They all say that right up to the point they realise they just bought one, my family were the same.
    Lads odd question, lowering springs or rear diffuser first ?
    Have some extra money next week and getting some Team Heko wind deflectors and one or the other, rprings will work out over a hundred quid more but it's one or the other
    Springs are functional and improve the looks. Where exactly is the diffuser placed and um.. why? The ST already has a specific sport diffuser and spoiler doesnt it?!

Matt Simis wrote: »
    They all say that right up to the point they realise they just bought one, my family were the same.

Springs are functional and improve the looks. Where exactly is the diffuser placed and um.. why? The ST already has a specific sport diffuser and spoiler doesnt it?!

This guy, only facelift gets these and they come in a horrible grey

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=94372

Matt Simis wrote: »

For all of the extra downforce and decreased drag at 240km/h ofc :pac:

I'm guessing it'd be the RS diffuser, and cos it looks good. Same with the CSL diffuser for E46's

rear_bumper.jpg

Nah it's exactly like the one above but i like em

Nah it's exactly like the one above but i like em

image doesn't work for anyone without an account at st owners club

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD-bIV-GYnVTcSdukzfFjnp_5_Uwc1wxcBcBY90u1MKZXXyc4b

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement