Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw this yaris Tea-sport today

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3397/imageykr.jpg

Might have been mrs Doyle driving actually

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Only reason i've not considered one is that it's irreversible. Well, that is unless you don't mind not bonding it properly and risk potentially losing it somewhere. :P

Personally I'd go for springs every day of the week if there was a choice of either or...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

I will indeed, Here now it will be complete. I must admit I love the old school ventos and jetta's

:cool:
    dgt wrote: »
    I remember when every farmer up here had those cars after the 405 and 305 van epidemic :pac:

So if I were you, I'd look at this instead (minus the extortionate price of this one!)

Full-15918437.jpeg

Them yokes are bullet proof. :)
    Lads odd question, lowering springs or rear diffuser first ?

Have some extra money next week and getting some Team Heko wind deflectors and one or the other, rprings will work out over a hundred quid more but it's one or the other

My advice is, get that ST LOW
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD-bIV-GYnVTcSdukzfFjnp_5_Uwc1wxcBcBY90u1MKZXXyc4b

But I do like That! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dar83 wrote: »
    Only reason i've not considered one is that it's irreversible. Well, that is unless you don't mind not bonding it properly and risk potentially losing it somewhere. :P

Personally I'd go for springs every day of the week if there was a choice of either or...

It does look better though, noticed he has a january sale too so postagewise might be worth in throwing a splitter too which would probably make it same pricewise as the eibachs+fitting (Yes im a big mechanical chicken and don't want to risk doing damage) will prolly end up needing spacers then too as the 19 inch rims are feckin huge :(

Oh why is nothing simple ><

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I will indeed, Here now it will be complete. I must admit I love the old school ventos and jetta's

:cool:

I meant to slap some sense into me like Cian offered to :pac:

• Advertisement

people say i'm a bad influence. :p

people say i'm a bad influence. :p

You are!

Now I'm off to count the money in my spare change jar :D:o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I learned to drive in a 1980 passat hatchback with no power steering.

The Ventos/Jettas are not much better.

And you'll look like the Oliver Twist of the farming world, two decades out of touch

Does that help?

/has not much love for VWs of the 80/90s era, even if that poxy passat had 300k miles on it.

You are!

Ya, good idea! Crack open that badboy. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You are!

PUT THE JAR AWAY!

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    PUT THE JAR AWAY!

DZ Don't listen to her. :p

Just imagine the possibility's...

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/139292/ml3_vw-vento.jpg

or... :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/kaw_bucket_2007/MulberryJetta.jpg

or..

http://www.vagaddicted.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/VW-Vento-VR6.jpg

the world is your oyster, well the dub world anyway.. :cool:

I learned to drive in a 1980 passat hatchback with no power steering.

The Ventos/Jettas are not much better.

And you'll look like the Oliver Twist of the farming world, two decades out of touch

Does that help?

/has not much love for VWs of the 80/90s era, even if that poxy passat had 300k miles on it.
    PUT THE JAR AWAY!

Thank you Stheno that's what I need to hear!!

But But But.... It might be a little bit cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You're coming to the meet right? I ain't jokin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw a new model auris today. I must say it looks better in the flesh.

Thank you Stheno that's what I need to hear!!

But But But.... It might be a little bit cool?

No. Just no. Think of the money you'd be spending, you've far better options.

/shudder

CianRyan wrote: »
    You're coming to the meet right? I ain't jokin'!

Are you bringing decorative materials if he arrives in the vento?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm bringing my studded leather slapping glove. There's no forgiveness.

I'm bringing my studded leather person slapping/car scratching glove. There's no forgiveness.

FYP

I'll bring my spare crutches if I do get to go. They are red. The blood won't show and it will easily wash off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm bringing my studded leather slapping glove. There's no forgiveness.

If anyone is having trouble looking for Cian at the meet, print this off and bring it with you to help identify him....

Rob%2BHalford%2Blive%2BPainkiller.jpg

I like the second one but prefer the wheels on the top one :cool:

I think I'll head to the meet Cian just not sure yet but I'll be in the levin if I do :)

If Stheno is going I might get a beating so.....

• Advertisement

If anyone is having trouble looking for Cian at the meet, print this off and bring it with you to help identify him....

You forgot the gimp mask to make him look truly scary / remind him that she who must be obeyed has him on a strict timetable :D
    I like the second one but prefer the wheels on the top one :cool:

I think I'll head to the meet Cian just not sure yet but I'll be in the levin if I do :)

If Stheno is going I might get a beating so.....

Cian is going to be much worse than me, I'm just backup

Seriously though, why would you? Horrible rattly dieselly yoke that some auld fart like my ex drove like ****e, then it gets dollied up, still looks like a pigs ear no matter how much you try to make a silk purse out of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@DZ I didn't pass you on the M50 about 30 minutes ago taking the junction off for Dundrum did I? Passed a white 95 Levin, thought it might have been you?:D

All you folk talking about this meet better feckin' well show up...:pac:

166man wrote: »
    @DZ I didn't pass you on the M50 about 30 minutes ago taking the junction off for Dundrum did I? Passed a white 95 Levin, thought it might have been you?:D

All you folk talking about this meet better feckin' well show up...:pac:

No not me I'm afraid mine's a '99 ;)

I thought I saw you though over christmas in Ballsbride but I was too lazy to post it :o

And you're thinking of those other objects? :eek: You could get a 99 Alfa GTV for not much more, lower it, put a spoiler on it, make it into a cup replica etc.

Would you be getting rid of the levin?

Thankfully I've rarely been spotted while
    out in my car
    trying to control my road rage.

I thought I saw you though over christmas in Ballsbride but I was too lazy to post it :o

Ah sugar, you might have, I'm not far from there and I would have been doing Exams in the RDS at the time, mines a reasonably distinctive car I'd have thought?

@ Stheno I could get something nice like that but could never afford the insurance, Think of it as a kind of a project. Take it from being a dirty heap of sh*t farmer car and turn it into a really clean heap of sh*t farmer car.

@166 It was dark red but I was only behind it and meant to ask if it was you at the time but forgot.

I think we should get a "was it you" thread (stolen idea from a different forum)

@ Stheno I could get something nice like that but could never afford the insurance, Think of it as a kind of a project. Take it from being a dirty heap of sh*t farmer car and turn it into a really clean heap of sh*t farmer car.

On the inside/engine bay as well as the outside?

@166 It was dark red but I was only behind it and meant to ask if it was you at the time but forgot.

I think we should get a "was it you" thread (stolen idea from a different forum)

If it was 01 D 20*** then t'was most likely me...:D Great idea for a thread btw..

Also on a completely unrelated note, @Ardennes, would you consider something like this?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4467013

View2-17012043.jpeg

I know it ain't a 325i but I think it looks gorgeous....:o:D Inside your budget too IIRC?

166man wrote: »

Also on a completely unrelated note, @Ardennes, would you consider something like this?

From the ad:
    very economical 50 euro a week on petrol for everyday us

Even for a "fake" M Sport that doesn't sound realistic!

And the price is a bit low is it not? Or have I just not realised it's 2013?

• Advertisement

From the ad:

Even for a "fake" M Sport that doesn't sound realistic!

And the price is a bit low is it not? Or have I just not realised it's 2013?

Around town I'd say it's a pig on fuel alright. Price is quite low alright, guess that's why it's tempting, it has already supposedly had a price drop though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement