Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Yup. It got even worse last year.

I was there last Feb.

I thought my car was going to fall apart, it was like driving in a warzone with all the potholes.

And it was on the way to get the car NCTed, and shortly after leaving Athboy I got a puncture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

spent the last hour and a half watching the top gear india special....what a ball of shoite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

spent the last hour and a half watching the top gear india special....what a ball of shoite

It had exactly one funny moment. And even that was a bit ****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    Right then, south Dublin.
    Just to be even more of a ponse. :p

Omit the city centre too Cian!

The best top gear I saw was where they took a flight to the US and did a roadtrip?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah town's grand, there's a few dodgy spots and some mental drivers but I've seen worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/caraccessories/4466179

too good to be true?

would make a nice security addition for the price of it. do you just top up a sim, pop it in and wire it to power from the car or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

too good to be true?

would make a nice security addition for the price of it. do you just top up a sim, pop it in and wire it to power from the car or what?

It seems to run in conjunction with a smartphone app. Not sure how to install though..

EDIT: I think you where right about the sim thing..

Seems like a good idea though, mustn't be long on the market as there seem to be no reviews online..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Definitely looks good alright.

I wonder would it pay for it's self through an insurance discount?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Definitely looks good alright.

I wonder would it pay for it's self through an insurance discount?

No discount I can see

Anyone know if MM is still about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Stheno wrote: »
    No discount I can see

Anyone know if MM is still about?

Would you not get a discount for fitting it like you might for fitting an alarm or immobilizer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The steering pump has gone. This time, totally gone, steering is really heavy! Fluid exploded everywhere. Ironically, it started up first time as I was going to make a vid on how hard it is to start :rolleyes:

A strong contender I have no car for Monday :mad:

Seems to be a car chase going on the M1, heading southbound :confused:

Traffic corps chasing what looked like a Vectra estate....

Oh wait, maybe it was an accident. Ambulance and another car near Dundalk heading the same way

Oopsie :o

Jayyyypers I'm seeing it all today... Our usual money exchanger on the old Dublin road had its enterance demolished by a runaway cobbled trailler. Gardai taking pictures of it, we were wondering why they were so close to the border... Looks like a drive off :eek:

As well as that I saw a Dodge Ram :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Get a blog maybe? :)

Them Dodge Rams are lovely yokes.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

too good to be true?

It seems to run in conjunction with a smartphone app. Not sure how to install though..

EDIT: I think you where right about the sim thing..

Seems like a good idea though, mustn't be long on the market as there seem to be no reviews online..

Looks pretty overpriced to me. The tracker shown is also sold on Ebay with lots of different brand names so it looks like they just rebranded a tracker and created an app that probably just sends a text to the device. €45 here from a UK seller! This one seems to do real time tracking using GPRS but only supports 2G simcards (not sure if you can still get these but probably can for use in older phones).

If you just wanted basic functionality (i.e text the device and it will text back co-ords or a map link) you can get them much cheaper. Less than €15 here for example. Pop in a prepay simcard and install it somewhere it can get a signal, then wire it into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Redisle wrote: »
    Looks pretty overpriced to me. The tracker shown is also sold on Ebay with lots of different brand names so it looks like they just rebranded a tracker and created an app that probably just sends a text to the device. €45 here from a UK seller! This one seems to do real time tracking using GPRS but only supports 2G simcards (not sure if you can still get these but probably can for use in older phones).

If you just wanted basic functionality (i.e text the device and it will text back co-ords or a map link) you can get them much cheaper. Less than €15 here for example. Pop in a prepay simcard and install it somewhere it can get a signal, then wire it into the car.

thanks very much for that advice, i think i'l get the ebay one, sure for that price its surely worth a gamble :)

thanks very much for that advice, i think i'l get the ebay one, sure for that price its surely worth a gamble :)

Sure it's worth a try, will you keep us in the loop?

This isn't fair, all the interesting cars are whizzing by and I can't get a daycent snap of them! :(

ferrari 348
    bentley flying spur
    nissan lux van
    audi s3
    audi rs2
    mazda mps
    audi s5

Also, at the money changer the trailler is gone and the enterance rebuilt :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Where the hell are you and what's going on that you're seeing all these cars?! Did you recently move to Monaco or something? :pac:

Where the hell are you and what's going on that you're seeing all these cars?! Did you recently move to Monaco or something? :pac:

Usual Saturday trip to Newry :p is there a meet of some kind, a convention or just right timing?

There does be a Merc SL65 amg parked outside the BT building. Seeing "V12 Bi-Turbo" on the side as it rumbles past slowly would give anyone the willys :D

Tonnes of felty tat as per norm too :p

Never mind that, what MPS did you see? :P

A blue 3 MPS, never saw one before :)

No, not a 6 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mangey black one covered in swirl marks :)

MugMugs wrote: »
    Mangey black one covered in swirl marks :)

Genuinely laughed out loud at that one! :)

anyone use one of these gearboxes before? looks cool!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4146674

anyone use one of these gearboxes before? looks cool!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4146674

I hear they take a fair bit of getting used to. Didn't know you could get them on non-M3 models either.

Also that spoiler needs to go.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I hear they take a fair bit of getting used to. Didn't know you could get them on non-M3 models either.

Also that spoiler needs to go.

It's an OEM clubsport spoiler but you're right. I'd much prefer an M3 lip spoiler.

• Advertisement

agree on spoiler although itd be a shame to take it off after its been on for so long i imagine. if it was a little more curved it wouldnt be so bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement