Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

OEM can still mean ugly. Yikes!
    You'd want to clean/polish the exhaust tips too but it's a nice base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I think there was a nasty scratch on the drivers wing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's an OEM clubsport spoiler but you're right. I'd much prefer an M3 lip spoiler.

I don't give a monkeys what it is, it looks cack. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4460760

seen this advert, thought id fancy it, be handy to have around for parts and panels for my own car. given the wording of the advert i had it in my head that 450 would take it and i'd be happy with that.

so i got in contact, he said the car is overheating because of the dodgy waterpump, so you're entering into a potential world of unknown damage there. and that the drivers rear wheel arch was damaged and there was a dent/ crease under the rear driver side window.

i was still prepared to take it (for 450 :P)

also remembering no tax or test on this beauty.

he says to he'd let it go for 650 today :rolleyes:

when its up a fortnight i'l make another attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4460760

seen this advert, thought id fancy it, be handy to have around for parts and panels for my own car. given the wording of the advert i had it in my head that 450 would take it and i'd be happy with that.

so i got in contact, he said the car is overheating because of the dodgy waterpump, so you're entering into a potential world of unknown damage there. and that the drivers rear wheel arch was damaged and there was a dent/ crease under the rear driver side window.

i was still prepared to take it (for 450 :P)

also remembering no tax or test on this beauty.

he says to he'd let it go for 650 today :rolleyes:

when its up a fortnight i'l make another attempt
    buying a performance car nowadays is just a waiting game till the seller comes crawling back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

buying a performance car nowadays is just a waiting game till the seller comes crawling back :D

quite right there :)

wouldnt call an overheating non turbo glanza performance though :pac:

you wouldnt...i wouldnt....i dont think Jesus would either...but just remember what country you're in :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

was behind an 11 Honda CRX this evening, really nice looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

It's an OEM clubsport spoiler but you're right. I'd much prefer an M3 lip spoiler.
    Yeah its amazing its OEM, I couldnt believe it when I saw it originally! Shocking looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno wrote: »
    was behind an 11 Honda CRX this evening, really nice looking car

Ah ya, not bad. But I still prefer the old shape. :)

• Advertisement

the seller says its SMG anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

It's not the smg but a ssmg or ssg something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

the seller says its SMG anyway :)

I was curious as SMG is always referred to as an M-Car thing with BMW, so I did some googling and found in the most correct usage, its not SMG, this assessment was short and clear:
    SMG-II = M Division, e46 M3 onward, designed by Siemens, 6-speed and the 'better' sequential automated gearbox, SACHS parts.
    SSG (sometimes referred to as "SMG" with no number) = non-M division cars, 5 speed initiially, designed by Magneti Marelli. Not so enthusiast oriented, simplified from original SMGI design.
    SMG-I - E36 M3 only, also based on Magneti Marelli design.

Basically while some dealers in the UK/IRL referred to them as SMG boxes, the Clubsport has a SSG unit which is not the same as the "SMG" from the M cars in either hardware or more importantly, software/controller.

SSG (Sport Sequential Gearbox) is seemingly the same system as Alfa's Selespeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Spent the weekend looking at small cars for 'er indoors.
    My god there's some amount of scrap out there!
    Went to see an 03 pre-facelift yaris sol from a dealer, the clutch was hanging out of it, body wasn't great, interior was filthy, central locking not working, had 1 wiper.
    Wanted 3950 for it :o

Anyhow, picked up a minter of a 00 Terra model just there. Body is in better shape than my 07

imagefnc.jpg

Next step, de-yellow the headlamps, get some OE 14" alloys and paint the black bits on the bumpers. Have a set of fogs somewhere for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

They even scrubbed the wheel arches of that Yaris....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Looks good colm, best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Colm, no need to spray the black parts! If you can get your hands on a heat gun, that will bring the black back.

They are black, but she wants them to be red

colm_mcm wrote: »

:eek:

Reeks of effort.....

Or failing that, some c4 g techniq trim restorer. 4months later and still as black as it was the day I did it, thanks to MM for the recommendation

• Advertisement

As in proper colour code or rattle can!?! :eek:

As in doing it properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That's a very clean looking little car.

As in doing it properly!

Coolio.

I don't like Yarii or Ka's but when you get rid of the big ugly plastic arches they look a whole lot better. ;)

I've never liked either. Bumpers coloured or not. I've always related them to back roads and 40MPH and me running late.

Yaris moreso but Ka's aswell.

Yaris seems to have an exposed piece of body under the back bumper which is generally dented in by a low lying kerb too.

Nine times out of ten anyway. Was fascinated by their Dash when they first came out though.

It's spotless inside too. And it's a long time since I saw a pre 03 yaris without a dent on the rear valance

MugMugs wrote: »

Yaris seems to have an exposed piece of body under the back bumper which is generally dented in by a low lying kerb too.
    And it's a long time since I saw a pre 03 yaris without a dent on the rear valance

0511-0703-0118-4225_TA_DA!_Businesswoman_clipart_image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Because of earliers mishap, I am now in a Seicento for the next few days......

WHOPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

It really is a fun thing to drive :cool:

• Advertisement

Saw a skoda Rabid today, looks even gammier in the flash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement