Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's spotless inside too. And it's a long time since I saw a pre 03 yaris without a dent on the rear valance

I remember my neighbours bought a new one back in 01 or 02 and when they brought it home for the first time it was already dented there. I don't think I've ever seen one without at least one dent on the valance.

Well wear, I hope you don't mind me asking a rough ball park price?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Saw a skoda Rabid today, looks even gammier in the flash.

Ever notice in the ad that it's an English family with an English neighbour, left hand drive car with German reg plates? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Saw a skoda Rabid today, looks even gammier in the flash.

I was behind a Yeti a few days ago, it's an horrific looking yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stheno wrote: »
    I was behind a Yeti a few days ago, it's an horrific looking yoke.

Abominable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ever notice in the ad that it's an English family with an English neighbour, left hand drive car with German reg plates? :pac:

Same with one of the Dacia ads. ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Same with one of the Dacia ads. ;)

That's cos there aren't any RHD ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Slow,thirsty and not a particularly brilliant chassis. Pass!

+1

And way over priced.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Don't know that much about them tbh. It just caught my eye when looking on DD. I'd still have an RS focus over it any day.

That's cos there aren't any RHD ones!

If that's the case then why are they advertising to a right-hand drive market?

• Advertisement

If that's the case then why are they advertising to a right-hand drive market?

So people will order them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Jayus, I'd probably sell my TT for that price... Nearly 50 extra horses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I sold the much rarer bora Version of these over 2 years ago with all these problem addressed (well it was fast and handled/stopped like a charm it was thirstier though) and a savage spec for not much more than he is asking in 2013 - he is dreaming at that price.

Still though the Vr6 is a great engine and the 4wd mk4 chassis is light years ahead of the 2wd one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

dgt wrote: »
    There does be a Merc SL65 amg parked outside the BT building. Seeing "V12 Bi-Turbo" on the side as it rumbles past slowly would give anyone the willys :D

I haven't seen it in a while though...

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

This is one I'm curious about for a while now; for those in the higher tax brackets (€600+ p/a) do you pay quarterly, bi-annually or annually and why? I used to pay annually on the old 1.1L but I'm considering now going bi-annually since if something were to happen that keeps the car off the road for a while (or for good) I could be losing out on a serious amount of cash. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I pay mine annually,~635.pay it to get it out of the way and forget about it.

I pay mine annually,~635.pay it to get it out of the way and forget about it.

If you were in the higher brackets then - say €1500 or €1800?

I pay annually too for the same reason as Ardennes along with the fact that if you pay any other way, you're going to end up paying more.

If something goes wrong, I will pay to get it back on the road as soon as possible because I need it every day and my only other option is to rent a car or get lifts from others in work.

Hmm, the thoughts of forking over an extra amount of tax for the privilege of not paying annually doesn't sit well with me, but neither does paying in January and having the car sit down in May, losing serious cash in the process :| I've still got the 1.1L in PWO to fall back on. Choices, choices...

• Advertisement

If I were to pay quarterly, that's an extra €200 just for paying quarterly!! Talk about a rip off! To tax my car for a full year in NI or the UK is around £225 whereas here it's €1,500 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

This is one I'm curious about for a while now; for those in the higher tax brackets (€600+ p/a) do you pay quarterly, bi-annually or annually and why? I used to pay annually on the old 1.1L but I'm considering now going bi-annually since if something were to happen that keeps the car off the road for a while (or for good) I could be losing out on a serious amount of cash. Thoughts?

Quarterly or half.

Simply because I'm a broke college student that can't raise 710 quick enough. Tax up at end of month, it'll be 3 months. I hate paying by the quarter

Yet still stupidly buys cars willy nilly

If I buy a 325 ill be paying annually and the same for a 330i

You're always better off paying annually unless you know for sure that the car will be off the road for a long time. The chances of something happening which will put the car off the road for a considerable amount of time all of a sudden are too low to warrant taxing for 3 months at a time.

If I were to pay quarterly, that's an extra €200 just for paying quarterly!! Talk about a rip off! To tax my car for a full year in NI or the UK is around £225 whereas here it's €1,500 :(

I found an old tax disc for my yolk from '06 for £165, I nearly cried. The extra money for not paying it all in one go is a sticking point, it's a no-brainer otherwise

Just paid for the year, I think I lost part of my soul when I hit submit. Fúcking robbery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

I pay it annually because if you pay quarterly or twice yearly you end up paying more also don't have to think about it all year, coughing up €1500 in June will not be nice after insurance in may followed by nct in July ;-(

ShanE90 wrote: »
    I pay it annually because if you pay quarterly or twice yearly you end up paying more also don't have to think about it all year, coughing up €1500 in June will not be nice after insurance in may followed by nct in July ;-(

I had insurance in December, NCT and tax next month :(

yes but you must remember theres no way youd pick up a clean 46 325 for 4k here if the tax was as low as in the uk, hence why they are so much more expensive over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Think I spotted Dar on the M50 northbound at about half two?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement