Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

conzy wrote: »
    The PEE45 is epic hahaha

I was in Westfield when they filmed that; pictures of him driving on the road had been on the paper the previous day. When I saw it driving around, it wasn't Clarkson inside it. Guess he only does the "money shots".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

RoverJames wrote: »
    I liked the Bentley on the rally course, that was so good I won't make negative comment about the rest of it :)

That's a refreshing change! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Marcusm wrote: »
    But you cost them a lot more.......

yeah but it doesn't really cost them, does it? they are in profit no matter how many claims they get as all the rest of us have to have insurance in this country and pay big money for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Marcusm wrote: »
    But you cost them a lot more.......

Where was my complaint?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That's a refreshing change! ;)

Very witty.

Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Where was my complaint?
    47k :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Gary ITR wrote: »
    47k :o

Ah that's not a complaint, was only to serve as an indicator as to why my insurance remained so high. Accidents happen. Payouts tend to be high when the third party is a cyclist :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

@ BW there is a programme on Colm McRae on BBC now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno wrote: »

Ah what channel? :)

Very witty.

Congrats.

Mon plaisir! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BBC 2 Motoring legends

Description: Motoring enthusiasts tell the story of Britain's racing legends. Chris Hoy retraces Colin McRae's career accompanied by Jimmy McRae, ending with a race on the RAC rally

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

1 OR 2

Ah no I got it. Cheers S.

Iv'e only a head for a hat. :p

Mon plaisir!

I'd say it was too.

As an excuse there are five BBC channels at least :)

I'd say it was too.

It was! ;)

As an excuse there are five BBC channels at least :)

I know but still :D

It was!

I know, that's what the congrats was about ;)

:*(

It's also been proven that people are predisposed to guess the end of a sentence rather than actually reading it, as they scan rather than take in each word, so I suspect BW read "@BW there is a programme on CmR on tv now" rather than actually reading the entire sentence, which most people don't do.

• Advertisement

I know, that's what the congrats was about ;)

Why thank you.

Your generosity knows no bounds! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Colin McCrae was probably the person who got me hooked on motorsport as a kid, really nice to see his cars are still looked after at his home.

:*(
    It's also been proven that people are predisposed to guess the end of a sentence rather than actually reading it, as they scan rather than take in each word, so I suspect BW read "@BW there is a programme on CmR on tv now" rather than actually reading the entire sentence, which most people don't do.

Ahhh it was only a bit of fun would ya lighten up!

Yup, happens me alot. lol

Your generosity knows no bounds! ;)

Oh but it does Johnny, oh but it does.

I know your joking. :p I only had time to type 1 or 2 though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was always a fan of Colin's, its lovely to see all the cars :)

Ah I'm just being pedantic :)
    Yup, happens me alot. lol

The technique around this of putting important information at the end of a sentence is used in certain exams I've come across. It's astonishingly effective at causing people to not do as well as they could.

/back to motors now, moment of pedantry over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

yeah but it doesn't really cost them, does it? they are in profit no matter how many claims they get as all the rest of us have to have insurance in this country and pay big money for the privilege.

In most cases premiums exceed claims on an aggregate basis so over the lifecycle they should almost equal (not on a person yb person basis). Big claims = big premiums and it's not clear that PIAB has done anything to reduce this (as it was suggested it would do).
    Where was my complaint?

Didn't mean to suggest you were complaining, more that you'd had your moneys worth!! Seriously, I'm surprised your premiums have fallen off so quickly. Makes me less concerned about claiming if I have a tip!

• Advertisement

Yep, and some people are just plain thick! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement