Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Stheno wrote: »
    Yep it's what secures the arm rest to the inner door panel. I was thinking of a narrow nosed long pliers as that gives me the ability to shift them a tiny bit at a time without too much force. Realistically they need to move a few mm maybe 5 at most.

The make or break distance for a piece of trim! Pliers is the weapon of choice, failing that a long flathead screwdriver should do the trick :)

To college tomorrow... I'll be in the Seicento IDTD AWD :pac:
    Don't be surprised to see me bullying traffic out of the way, driving through temple bar like a boss or parking in a trolley bay :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dgt wrote: »
    To college tomorrow... I'll be in the Seicento IDTD AWD :pac:
    Don't be surprised to see me bullying traffic out of the way, driving through temple bar like a boss or parking in a trolley bay :pac::pac::pac:

At least the Seicento will fit in a trolley bay :pac:

What are you driving Tuesday? It's Stephens green you go to isn't it?

I may amend my schedule to avoid you :pac:

At least the Seicento will fit in a trolley bay :pac:

What are you driving Tuesday? It's Stephens green you go to isn't it?

I may amend my schedule to avoid you :pac:

It might fit in an elevator too :p

I do indeed park in the green, usually the 5th floor so I can get the lift to Dunnes and avoid the mess at the parking machines on floor 2 :p

I won't be in a Seicento Tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I do indeed park in the green, usually the 5th floor so I can get the lift to Dunnes and avoid the mess at the parking machines on floor 2 :p

I'm not too far from Stephens Green, if you're around that neck of the woods this week giz a text, I don't think I saw your Seicento the last time?

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    I'm not too far from Stephens Green, if you're around that neck of the woods this week giz a text, I don't think I saw your Seicento the last time?

Will do!

Nah it wasn't there that time, my one's long scrapped :eek:

The replacement Sei was at the local Tesco :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »

I'll be in the vicinity (thankfully with private parking) most of this week, if yis are scheduling a mini meet, invite me along :)

I can't see why not! A mini meet on the week of the actual meet :D

I can't see why not! A mini meet on the week of the actual meet :D

Yay! You can prove I exist :)

You and 166 can sort it out, I'll just turn up :) Weds is not good for me, as I have a day of brainwashing someone else scheduled.

Pm me if you don't have my number :)

Yay! You can prove I exist :)

You and 166 can sort it out, I'll just turn up :) Weds is not good for me, as I have a day of brainwashing someone else scheduled.

Pm me if you don't have my number :)

Wed is also bad for me, playing soldier.... Either Tues or Thurs! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Is €40 dear to balance 4 alloys?

Seems dear to me.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Is €40 dear to balance 4 alloys?

Seems dear to me.

Surely it took the guts of an hour? €40 seems ok to me

conzy wrote: »
    Surely it took the guts of an hour? €40 seems ok to me

I haven't gone yet. Going after breakfast. It could be right, it just seems dear. Dunno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Seems about right really, I have paid €55 for tyres to be fitted and wheels balanced. It's nearly the same process only not removing/adding the tyres. They'll still need to come off the car for each of them to be done.

Got it done anyway. The wheels were balanced just fine, which is not what I wanted to hear as I was hoping it would fix the wobble in it. On to the indie to get it looked at so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Did you get each wheel checked for buckles and get the tracking done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Wed is also bad for me, playing soldier.... Either Tues or Thurs! :)

I have the ol NCT Tuesday at 1.45pm, can meet after that if you both wish to lol at my fail sheet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Had an intermittent camshaft sensor fault so went fiddling with the wires for it in the engine bay last night. Probably didn't put the clip back on right and was limited to 3k rpm this morning! If it's the sensor I really don't want to repair it at the moment (TB OFF) cause I need my money for a holiday in June. (In final year, probably starting a job Aug/Sep).

HaHaHaHaHaHahHaHa

/crazy manic laughter at myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ok a quick question. I have this one, but I'm wondering does a new version of these come out every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ok a quick question. I have this one, but I'm wondering does a new version of these come out every year?

Would you not just download the current version from their website and cross reference?

Or visit the Learning to Drive forum?

There's a wealth of knowledge to be found there whenever I've gone in there with a general query on that topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Marcusm wrote: »
    Didn't mean to suggest you were complaining, more that you'd had your moneys worth!! Seriously, I'm surprised your premiums have fallen off so quickly. Makes me less concerned about claiming if I have a tip!

Oh I've definitely got my moneys worth. Hopefully will never have to dip into that fund again, I'd rather stay accident free :) The drop off was staggering I'll admit, helped by getting the full license and hitting the magic 25

MugMugs wrote: »
    Would you not just download the current version from their website and cross reference?

Or visit the Learning to Drive forum?

There's a wealth of knowledge to be found there whenever I've gone in there with a general query on that topic.

Okay,I will do that. I only choose to ask here because it's motoring related.. :rolleyes:

Oh I've definitely got my moneys worth. Hopefully will never have to dip into that fund again, I'd rather stay accident free :) The drop off was staggering I'll admit, helped by getting the full license and hitting the magic 25

Hitting 25 this summer, going to be Bavarian V8 time :D

Okay,I will do that. I only choose to ask here because it's motoring related.. :rolleyes:

Merely attempting to assist....

Merely attempting to assist....

Ya, but why tell me to else where? I follow that thread and tbh it's not much good to me. :)

Ya, but why tell me to else where? I follow that thread and tbh it's not much good to me. :)

My apologies if I have upset you BUBBLE WRAP. That wasn't my intention.

I linked you to the current ROTR and as I was unaware if you knew of the Learning to Drive forum I also linked you to there to either search for your query or ask the question there.

I couldn't definitely advise if the RSA print a new ROTR annually or as required and as such, did not give a definite response. I am however under the impression that they are printed as required but open to correction on that topic.

As stated however, I was merely attempting to extend some assistance to you. It is evident however that you didn't like this.

Did you get each wheel checked for buckles and get the tracking done?

My indie is doing the tracking tomorrow because that needs doing. He can't balance though, hence the trip today.
    Tbh I didn't ask for the wheels to be checked for buckles as I thought that would have shown up when trying to balance them. I was told it needs 2 front tyres and I'll get them next week, but I can't imagine that's the reason for the wobble in it at the mo. possibly it's a combination of all those things, but I'll have to see what the indie finds before I shell out on new rubber.

My apologies if I have upset you BUBBLE WRAP. That wasn't my intention.

I linked you to the current ROTR and as I was unaware if you knew of the Learning to Drive forum I also linked you to there to either search for your query or ask the question there.

I couldn't definitely advise if the RSA print a new ROTR annually or as required and as such, did not give a definite response. I am however under the impression that they are printed as required but open to correction on that topic.

As stated however, I was merely attempting to extend some assistance to you. It is evident however that you didn't like this.

Ah right. Sorry I wasn't my intention to come across like that, thanks for tying anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

cisk wrote: »
    Hitting 25 this summer, going to be Bavarian V8 time :D

If you've 5 years full license then go rent yourself an F10 M5 or an M6 from BMW World in Munich. Absolutely magical experience :D

• Advertisement

If you've 5 years full license then go rent yourself an F10 M5 or an M6 from BMW World in Munich. Absolutely magical experience :D

You have just given a perfect idea for a birthday plan. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement