Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I didn't ask for the wheels to be checked for buckles as I thought that would have shown up when trying to balance them.

I'm a dope, you're right....carry on :D

Is there any problems with the steering rack by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm a dope, you're right....carry on :D

Is there any problems with the steering rack by any chance?

Ehhh I haven't a clue. Can't get a decent look at the car with the dirty weather. Need it sorted and the fella is doing the tracking anyway so time to hand it over.

The long story is that I pumped the tyres which were low (20ish) to 30 and immediately felt the vibration. Dropped it down to 25~ and its less noticeable but still there. The tracking has needed doing for a long time but its much worse since this all happened last week. Or at least I feel it is. I'll get new tyres once I see how much the mechanic finds. Just in case there is something bigger going on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

166man wrote: »
    I have the ol NCT Tuesday at 1.45pm, can meet after that if you both wish to lol at my fail sheet? :D

Ah good luck with it, I'm at the doctors tomorrow pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah good luck with it, I'm at the doctors tomorrow pm

@DGT Thursday suit you folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xzid

Well I want to buy a small engine car (1.0 - 1.3). Saw a '98 Opel Corsa 1.2 on Donedeal. Looks clean and has NCT aswell. Is it a good car? I heard that Corsa has timing belt issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

xzid wrote: »
    Well I want to buy a small engine car (1.0 - 1.3). Saw a '98 Opel Corsa 1.2 on Donedeal. Looks clean and has NCT aswell. Is it a good car? I heard that Corsa has timing belt issues?

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    What was that website that somebody posted to cheap official floor mats?
    Think its carmatstore.co.uk?

They don't seem to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Yay! You can prove I exist :)

Everyone knows that you are a figment of MMs imagination:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Don't buy a corsa, i would rather have a punto

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

pred racer wrote: »

Everyone knows that you are a figment of MMs imagination:D
    Me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MugMugs wrote: »
    Me?

You or the cannibal

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

For ShadowHearth:

74619_10151685361291729_1359122302_n.jpg

MugMugs wrote: »
    Me?

I was wondering which MM would answer first:p

I was going to say Stheno was alanstrainors fun side,
    (non silver alfa driver) but then I remembered he could ban me, so I decided not to:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

So my clio is running on 1 steelie and 3 alloys. Thanks Kildare Co.Co

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    For ShadowHearth:

74619_10151685361291729_1359122302_n.jpg

I wish they made the RX8 out of lego, I would buy one then......
    at least I could rebuild the engine myself.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Were they driving your motor? ;)

No they failed to maintain the roads.

I feel your pain. If the roads around me get much worse (north tipp) Im gonna have to sell the Alfa and buy another c5:eek:
    (I'm seriously considering it:mad:)

My neighbours were talking to the council about it and were told that there is no money for maintenance until the summer, honestly with the craters appearing overnight some of the roads are only going to be negotiable by tractor.

I feel your pain. If the roads around me get much worse (north tipp) Im gonna have to sell the Alfa and buy another c5:eek:

My neighbours were talking to the council about it and were told that there is no money for maintenance until the summer, honestly with the craters appearing overnight some of the roads are only going to be negotiable by tractor.

They are getting so so bad recently. I'll honestly need something with wheels the size of a lorry before long.

Coming home during the wet weather today, some fellow came round the bend wide to avoid a flood and forced me into the verge driving through some crators in the process that were hidden by puddles. There is now a bad vibration that can be felt through the entire car caused by what I suspect is now a buckled alloy. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I remember some Irish lad posted a video on youtube of himself taking a swim in a pothole near his house, it got publicity and the CC where forced to fix the hole. Maybe you could do the same(not swimming but highlighting the problem to the world) I think they did something similar in Russia but painted their minister for transport beside the worst pot holes until the embarrassment forced the Government to fill in the holes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

@DGT Thursday suit you folks?

Thursday suits grand. Name a place, I'm free in the afternoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Re the potholes, as I understand it, if they have been notified of it but fail to act, they have liability for any damage. Of course you can't just drive into it to get a new wheel, tyre or suspension piece but of some comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Found, inspected and 'bought' a Integra DC2 Type-R on Saturday....**** me they are quick:eek:, unfortunately its not mine :o

Lovely straight original and looked after example. Not much needs doing an aerial and gaskets for the tail lights (leak in boot)

No they failed to maintain the roads.
    Wee thing called feasence and misfeasence. Basically council fail to fix after it being reported then they hold no blame. Council go out and repair it but feck it up then you have a claim. Irrespective, they'll just say it's your fault for hitting the pothole, shrug it off and use complete ignorance to get rid of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Folks, what documents do I need with me for the NCT tomorrow? Is it the Vehicle Licensing Certificate, my driving licence and valid ID, along with the €55?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yep, sounds about right.

dgt wrote: »
    Thursday suits grand. Name a place, I'm free in the afternoon :D

Just decide, I'd doubtless chose some old folks place that you two would gag at the thought of going into
    Folks, what documents do I need with me for the NCT tomorrow? Is it the Vehicle Licensing Certificate, my driving licence and valid ID, along with the €55?

Driving licence serves as id, so just that and the VLC

Take off your hubcaps if you have hubcaps, put all the seatbelts in, and empty the car of rubbish.

Did you sort out the wiper washer?

Money and license, they won't look for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Money and license, they won't look for anything else

Well they do ask for the logbook/VLC as well as Driving license..

• Advertisement

I haven't been asked in the 5-6 times i was in, always have it handy incase though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement