Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Me and gf saw a new Clio outside Mahon point last night, we both stopped and had a look. Lovely looking motor, of course it was top spec so I'm presuming it was a dealer car. I expect the normal ones will look shoite

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Hit 40,000 miles today and didn't notice until a minute ago, yay.

6,000 miles done already, mad ted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Saw one out by Howth yesterday actually, lovely looking is right.
    Again looked top spec so we'll see how to Irish specials turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Hit 40,000 miles today and didn't notice until a minute ago, yay.

6,000 miles done already, mad ted

In how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stheno wrote: »
    Driving licence serves as id, so just that and the VLC

Take off your hubcaps if you have hubcaps, put all the seatbelts in, and empty the car of rubbish.

Did you sort out the wiper washer?

Thanks all, was nervous I'd forgotten something and would be rightly screwed then. Yep all done, the wiper washer actually began randomly working last Friday morning so must have been keeping me in suspense before the test. I genuinely laughed when it started working...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I haven't been asked in the 5-6 times i was in, always have it handy incase though

I won't have the VLC in time for the booked NCT, what's the chances I won't need it? In Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

rocky wrote: »
    I won't have the VLC in time for the booked NCT, what's the chances I won't need it? In Galway.

I was never asked to produce it also, at the counter they just asked for the cars reg and my name and my keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Stheno wrote: »
    Just decide, I'd doubtless chose some old folks place that you two would gag at the thought of going into

St Stephens green car park good? :D

In how long?

Got car 29th July i think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dgt wrote: »
    St Stephens green car park good? :D

Grand

• Advertisement

Got car 29th July i think

pah! I have nearly 8000 miles on mine and started driving it again in September!:D

rocky wrote: »

I was never asked in Galway mine is on the 8th in the early hours i think

166man wrote: »
    pah! I have nearly 8000 miles on mine and started driving it again in September!:D

Bet ive burnt more fuel :p

15000ish miles in 4 months here ;)

Rather worryingly I'd happily take that bet, confident I'd win...:o:D

15000ish miles in 4 months here ;)

Yeah 15k in about 17 different cars like....:rolleyes:

:D:pac:

Yeah 15k in about 17 different cars cobbled into 1 like....:rolleyes:

:D:pac:

FYP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'd be more interested in the oil comparison. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dar83 wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in the oil comparison. :P

Lol in the past year I've done 12k miles in the alfa and it's gone through four litres of oil since it's last service.

Compared to the 156 it's not a thirsty alfa.

Jesus 4 litres, sure the focus's bonnet was broke for 3 months so i couldn't open it and it burnt nothing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 xzid

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's your budget?
    Around 600-700
    Don't buy a corsa, i would rather have a punto
    Yea I'll stay away from a Corsa.. Anyway gonna have a look at a '97 Corolla in the morning, looks good in the ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I was never asked in Galway mine is on the 8th in the early hours i think

I booked the NCT the night before going to even see the car, cheeky ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

MugMugs wrote: »
    Wee thing called feasence and misfeasence. Basically council fail to fix after it being reported then they hold no blame. Council go out and repair it but feck it up then you have a claim. Irrespective, they'll just say it's your fault for hitting the pothole, shrug it off and use complete ignorance to get rid of you.

I'm well aware that there not liable unless they make a dodgy repair. It's a complete backwards system that allows them to forget about the condition of roads, it's all in their favour.

Yea, I'm going to have to shrug it off and write off the loss of an alloy wheel, not much else I can do sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I hit a huge pothole a couple of weeks ago and was left with a bulge on 2 tyres. In the 5 minutes it took me to stop and check the tyres/rims for damage 3 other cars had pulled in with flat tyres from hitting the same pothole. I phoned the council the next day and they told me I was about the 30th caller about the pothole that morning! Got the claim form in the post the other day "average time of 4 months to process a claim":rolleyes:

Don't remind ne of potholes, that's a seriously sickening moment when you run into one with a car with new ball joints, drop links, track rods and nearly new tyres. I was fairly angry when that happened last night! :mad: (awaits for a high horse burger to mouth on about how I could have avoided that one in the dark...)

On another note, time to twist that LDA pin around again me thinks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

(awaits for a high horse burger to mouth on about how I could have avoided that one in the dark...)

Have you not got lights on your car? You should at least have parked up and walked the road with a torch before driving on it to make sure there was no potholes which could potentially cause damage to your car. Anyone with a brain knows that this is the best course of action.

My horse's name is Jiminy Cricket and he likes marshmallows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sh*t, I forgot all about it :P

o2qgiL1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I missed 101010 a while back, I was sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just got another mount changed before the rain started wohoo. It's pissing it down now :O.

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    Just got another mount changed before the rain started wohoo. It's pissing it down now :O.

It was sunny when I drove in! Now I think the windows are going to blow in :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement