Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    Bingo, failed on observation and I got a one red mark.
    Was stopped at a roundabout turning left, looked both ways, checked my mirror and looked again. I move off, 1/4 around the turn some eejit comes flying around from the other side of and almost hits me. The tester failed me for observation there and said it was dangerous.

A bit disappointed but not disheartened, second test just booked and I'm on the cancellation list, fingers crossed for getting it soon.

My parents and instructor both though I was a sure shot, pity but that's life.

Sorry to hear Cian. But the way I look at it is, you go in with your LP, if yoou fail you come out with your LP. Nothing to lose. Thats a great idea though to book it straight again.

I'm going to book mine in the next few days. God have mercy on us all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Some fecking night lads! Was even more fun when I came to work today... 5:00 in the morning and all hotel lights out. Why? No electricity in the whole bloody thing!
    Was very romantic trying to do some work in the candle light! Only around 7:00 we got the generator up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

But... but how is your Girlfriend going to get to the Dentist now?!?! :eek:

Hard luck man, sounds harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Was stopped at a roundabout turning left, looked both ways, checked my mirror and looked again. I move off, 1/4 around the turn some eejit comes flying around from the other side of and almost hits me. The tester failed me for observation there and said it was dangerous.

A bit disappointed but not disheartened, second test just booked and I'm on the cancellation list, fingers crossed for getting it soon.

**** happens, don't let it put you down. You will get it next time.

Not al of was were born perfect

*flex, looks at the mirror, likes what he sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I was lucky passing on my first time.
    My mate failed on observation when I was sure he'd of flown through, he wasn't moving his head enough for the tester too see him looking in the mirrors.

Hard Luck Cian, at least you've just rebooked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hard luck Cian :(. Was it just the one red mark? If so you're probably going to pass next time around.

Sure you're only driving a few months if that cian, I was driving for over a year and half before I sat my test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

exactly what happened to me first time man,. coming out of the centre, did all the observation correct but some fella flew down the road and almost caught out. just bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Cheers everyone.
    Yeah, just the one red mark, got 4 blues in.one section for looking over ny shoulder when moving from the side of the road, one for each time I did it. Instructor told me to do it during the pretest but the tester wasn't into it.
    I know what I've done wrong though, I'll get it next time.

Only driving 9 months so I'm not too surprised. :)

Oh, I'm at the dentist now. ****ed if I'm stopping, it was a perfect clean sheet otherwise. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hard luck lad. I failed first time round on observation as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you RTFM?

Dont be silly, I'm a bloke :p
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Sure you're only driving a few months if that cian, I was driving for over a year and half before I sat my test.

6 yrs for me, all on a first provisional ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Hard luck Cian, I failed first time too thanks to 2 giddy girlies jumping infront of the car as I crossed a pedestrian crossing. They were even walking the other way, they just suddenly turned around and ran out. How thoughtless :rolleyes:

Apply again, no reason not to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

pred racer wrote: »

Dont be silly, I'm a bloke :p

6 yrs for me, all on a first provisional ;)

I was on my third provisional before I even booked a test! Was flat out on the beer that time, was in the pub one morning and the date caught my eye, knew I had something to do that day, then realised it was my driving test lol!

Never showed up but got it after that :)
    2 years later when I stopped drinking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That's life sometimes, a lot of time your result is related to the behaviour of other road users. There's always next time and it's nothing major. Hope you get the retest soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

You'll should fly the retest. I failed mine the first time in Navan. Horrible place to do it. Didn't see someone waiting to cross at a pedestrian crossing. Too busy checking my mirrors:pac:. Have it booked again now nine years later, for the 24th of february. Fingers crossed I pass. Doing it in a van though. Bit nervous about the blind spot over my left shoulder you could fit an artic into. Don't know how the tester is going to mark that. I can't exactly climb across the seats for a look:confused:. Reversing around a corner is a bit trickier too. Something I'd never do in real life as you can't see FA.

Why bother! :eek:

EDIT: Forgot fecking link

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4477654

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Why do those wheels look so ****e? They look really small for the car? And too far in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Looks better than every single one of the Polos and Lupos you post. :p

Stheno wrote: »
    Why do those wheels look so ****e? They look really small for the car? And too far in.

Haha! They look lost in the wheel arch. But I think it's a sh1t car to lower to the ground..

Haha, Now Cian! :p

• Advertisement

Definitely.

I'm not really a fan of the stanceworks thing on a lot of cars, I'd prefer performance and drivability, but that is nicely unique compared to the rehashed VAG stuff that is "in fashion" at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dar83 wrote: »
    Definitely.

I'm not really a fan of the stanceworks thing on a lot of cars, I'd prefer performance and drivability, but that is nicely unique compared to the rehashed VAG stuff that is "in fashion" at the moment.

You're just upset Diesel is "trendy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Am I the only to find it ironic/funny to see aCitroen fitted with coilovers to slam it?

Anyone elseusing chrome on aa mobile to view boards? Are you having the same experience as me -- correctly typed messages turned into stuttering drunk speak? Drivingg meme mentall, doubles up on thingss and appends stufff2f everywhere!

langdang wrote: »
    Am I the only to find it ironic/funny to see aCitroen fitted with coilovers to slam it?

Anyone elseusing chrome on aa mobile to view boards? Are you having the same experience as me -- correctly typed messages turned into stuttering drunk speak? Drivingg meme mentall, doubles up on thingss and appends stufff2f everywhere!

:D

MugMugs wrote: »
    You're just upset Diesel is "trendy"

*likes this*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

langdang wrote: »

Throws the whole faster than a 911 over speedbumps idea out the window! I'd be looking for the cost of refitting the OE suspension included in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

@Cian: anything can happen in a driving test. Anything. As in my TESTER at one point leaned over and started beeping the horn because there was a trailer blocking the road. I also had about 20 people walking side-by-side along the road just after a 90deg bend, and at another stage two little knacker children walked across the road carrying about 1km of eircom cable (who knows where they got it).

Tests be crazy!

As for that Citroen.... reminds me of a new renault megane (like below, but not an RS) with LM's on it. Looked damn nice too.

2012-Renault-Megane-RS-1.jpg

How much should I be looking to pay to get my gearbox oil and brake fluid changed in an Indy lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

How much should I be looking to pay to get my gearbox oil and brake fluid changed in an Indy lads?

I got the gearbox oil changed on my astra and only took the 20 minutes at most not even. The oil was expensive for my gearbox about 40-50 euro for oil from Opel it take nearly 4 litres (6 speed )but it depends on the gearbox I suppose. The Indy that done mine charged me 20 euro but he was doing me a favour my dad knew the guy well. Not sure how much brake fluid change would cost.

• Advertisement

It appears this is the oil needed for my gearbox, not bad! http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=1209555&pk=EA876

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement