Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

It appears this is the oil needed for my gearbox, not bad! http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=1209555&pk=EA876

You'll have to just check how much your gearbox takes mine took near 4 litre not all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I've seen 1.6l mentioned twice, surely this isn't enough when your Astra took 4. Even if it is a 6speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I've seen 1.6l mentioned twice, surely this isn't enough when your Astra took 4. Even if it is a 6speed

I could be completely wrong I must check the invoice when I get home tomorrow and let you know. I thought I got 3 one litre bottle at least if not 4 but ill check tomorrow. It was 4 months ago so I can't remember. The garage where I got the oil was an Opel dealer and they said how much it needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Why bother! :eek:

EDIT: Forgot fecking link

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4477654
    Ad wrote:
    German French style plates

Which is it???!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    Not many about,most are 90 bhp,but i have chipped this up a bit since ,not sure exactly but around 140bhp.

Freddy_Mercury_ultra-high-angle_reversed_facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hard luck Cian. Its a ****ty feeling to fail. Pretty emotional passing too.

I failed mine first time and to be honest it was for the best. My test wasnt that bad (got done for progression when you couldnt see out the window with hailstones :eek:) but I was cocky and a bit stupid on the road in general. Brought me back down to earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

French plate backing with German font.

Quite like the look of that car!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I failed the first time too and had to go for a walk before I got back into the car because I was soooo annoyed! I wasn't allowed buy my first car until I got the full licence so that annoyed me intensely. Passed with flying colours the second time 2 weeks later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Cian

Hard luck on the test; on my first the guy said that I'd failed but on other days he'd have passed me but as I'd ony had my provisional for 4 months I shouldn't be be worried. Little did he know but I'd first driven 16 days before. It took another 2 goes to pass (5years ago today) but since then I've driven on 4 continents and 13 countries. Look to the future not the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    French plate backing with German font.

Quite like the look of that car!

I think they use that font anyway...

EU_FRAN_GI1.jpg

Edit: This also came up when looking for that image :D:D:D
    4358721983_9fe05076b6_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

My Micra passed 100k miles today. Should be given a medal :D

On the gear oil and brake fluid, Ardennes1944, look up youtube and save yourself a few quid as both are easy enough to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

How much should I be looking to pay to get my gearbox oil and brake fluid changed in an Indy lads?

Drop George Dalton a Pm, he will tell you what he would charge.
    I failed the first time too and had to go for a walk before I got back into the car because I was soooo annoyed! I wasn't allowed buy my first car until I got the full licence so that annoyed me intensely. Passed with flying colours the second time 2 weeks later :D

I passed first time:cool:

Cough losers /cough:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I also passed first time. Had only been driving 3 months at the time as well.

Some people are just winners! :pac:

:P

dar83 wrote: »
    Some people are just w@nkers! :pac:

:P

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I also passed first time after driving for 6 months.:D

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Ehhh I haven't a clue. Can't get a decent look at the car with the dirty weather. Need it sorted and the fella is doing the tracking anyway so time to hand it over.

The long story is that I pumped the tyres which were low (20ish) to 30 and immediately felt the vibration. Dropped it down to 25~ and its less noticeable but still there. The tracking has needed doing for a long time but its much worse since this all happened last week. Or at least I feel it is. I'll get new tyres once I see how much the mechanic finds. Just in case there is something bigger going on.

To follow this up, mechanic found nothing wrong. Sorted my tracking, realligned headlines and threw some oil abd a filter in for me that I had left with him. Was mening to throw it in since christmas but never got near it. He felt the wobble could only be the tyres, and the atlas lads that did the tracking had said the same. So i got two turanza's t001 for it today and its rock solid again :). Fantastic grip, the last ones must have really been banjoed.
    I love my car again!

BTW I rang 4 places, 2 in balbriggan and 2 in baldoyle and atlas were the only ones that had anything other than economy tyres. Unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

dgt wrote: »

Edit: This also came up when looking for that image :D:D:D
    4358721983_9fe05076b6_o.jpg

The Transporter?

Transporter?

Ronin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Ronin ;)

Brilliant film. Loved the car scenes.

Oh and everyone in my family who passed 1st time went on to crash their cars.

I passed second time.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Ronin ;)

Haven't seen it in years. Far better movie too.

Haven't seen it in years. Far better movie too.

That's fairly obvious haha :D

• Advertisement

Now it's one thing to put Nankang tyres on a fiesta but on an Evo 4, really :rolleyes:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4494200

Full-17142649.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Now it's one thing to put Nankang tyres on a fiesta but on an Evo 4, really :rolleyes:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4494200

Full-17142649.jpeg
    4 new tyres

Must have just bought that make for selling the car. I also say a few people wouldn't bother their back side, looking at the make of a tyre..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

;)

Don't be jealous. Just because you had a girly fit after failing the first time. :P ;)

Okay, one last one. Nice BMW, Nice woman sanding beside it. :cool:, Location - Leitrim. :pac: Made me laugh. :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4466986

Must have just bought that make for selling the car. I also say a few people wouldn't bother their back side, looking at the make of a tyre..

Most wouldnt care, but an evo is not for that type of person.

Okay, one last one. Nice BMW, Nice woman sanding beside it. :cool:, Location - Leitrim. :pac: Made me laugh. :D

That car is in some nick. Looks spotless.

I know most people wouldn't bother their hole but most people don't drive an Evo and I would expect the owner to have some interest in cars and driving and therefore not buy sh*t tyres. Clearly and unfortunately I'm wrong.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Most wouldnt care, but an evo is not for that type of person.

Yup, very true.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I know most people wouldn't bother their hole but most people don't drive an Evo and I would expect the owner to have some interest in cars and driving and therefore not buy sh*t tyres. Clearly and unfortunately I'm wrong.

Oh I agree, Like this individual seems to not give a toss about safety. They really don't diverse an evo IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Why the need for the gratuitous "I'm fulfilling my never to be realised ambition to be a model at the geneva motor show" though?

Nice looking car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement