Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno wrote: »
    Why the need for the gratuitous "I'm fulfilling my never to be realised ambition to be a model at the geneva motor show" though?

Nice looking car.

No Idea TBH. So I will just attach this witty youtube clip. :D

@Cian - This might be of interest. I watched a few there fairly good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

131-MH-1 is parked in ludlow st, Navan. I'm not too far infront of it

It's a white Pug 208 :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dgt wrote: »
    131-MH-1 is parked in ludlow st, Navan. I'm not too far infront of it

It's a white Pug 208 :eek:

Are yis that poor in Louth that ye've the Lord Mayor driving around in a Pug?

Or do ye's have a Lord Mayor in Navan?

Are yis that poor in Louth that ye've the Lord Mayor driving around in a Pug?

Or do ye's have a Lord Mayor in Navan?

There's a Navan in Louth too??! 2 Navan's are enough!!! :eek::eek::p

I remember when the MH-1 plates went on bigger stuff. 07-MH-1 is a Range Rover Sport. I think 09-MH-1 is a Rav 4.... :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I remember when the MH-1 plates went on bigger stuff. 07-MH-1 is a Range Rover Sport. I think 09-MH-1 is a Rav 4.... :confused:

DUH! Always mix that up!

Meath then young man!

• Advertisement

The first reg 13 sligo car is a 1.4D Corolla. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nice one, BW. That'll be handy. :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    Nice one, BW. That'll be handy. :)

No problem-oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Why the need for the gratuitous "I'm fulfilling my never to be realised ambition to be a model at the geneva motor show" though?
    Because men.

80874112.jpg

The fact an otherwise ordinary and one of many BMW 3 series was posted here at all proves the point nicely.. :p

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Because men.

The fact an otherwise ordinary and one of many BMW 3 series was posted here at all proves the point nicely.. :p

Not much into anthropological studies and the role of testosterone/oestrogen and the effect different levels have on both sexes eh Matt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Not much into anthropological studies and the role of testosterone/oestrogen and the effect different levels have on both sexes eh Matt?

My cartoon brain drawing is all the evidence I need. :pac:

Does anyone else have a first car they always go searching for when they check donedeal?
    I systematically go straight for the search bar and throw in 240Z, when that inevitably turns up nothing I try Datsun to see if there's anything new on offer.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    My cartoon brain drawing is all the evidence I need. :pac:

Bad advertising on the sellers part, I'd worry about the cars maintenance history :pac:

Does anyone else have a first car they always go searching for when they check donedeal?
    I systematically go straight for the search bar and throw in 240Z, when that inevitably turns up nothing I try Datsun to see if there's anything new on offer.

Cartoon men like Matt don't worry about babies silly (should make you less afraid of him, in fact, just call him Homer)

Yeah, Alfa Spyder, Toyota Celica, MGF (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stheno, you missed out on quality banter this afternoon in Town, met the main man dgt with the mighty 406 and the 156 was present. Ended up having coffee and chatting cars for about 3 hours like true petrol heads.

For anyone wondering, dgt is an absolute gent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Did you hold hands too ? :p

166man wrote: »
    Stheno, you missed out on quality banter this afternoon in Town, met the main man dgt with the mighty 406 and the 156 was present. Ended up having coffee and chatting cars for about 3 hours like true petrol heads.

For anyone wondering, dgt is an absolute gent. :)

Ye put me off wanting to meet in a car park, I was grateful my physio banned me, I need me grub and coffee.

Seriously I was sorry to miss it, spent the afternoon teaching, and before ye smart arses get it in, yes I know I don't come across the best as a teacher, but I do it sometimes!

They have to, it's the Fiat/Alfa love, it's denigrated by the fact they had no Pininfarina designed car there

A splendid afternoon indeed, muchos stories told and plenty looked over the cars!

The radio Nova Hummer must have thought I was mad counting out the stickers infront of them :pac:

Must do that again soon :)

Ah balls, it's all coming out now..... :o:p

Oh and it's time to ditch the winter tyres again, it's spring now :p

Taxing 3 vehicles today :eek:

I got my ticket, went to the Gardai, got money, got a nice spot in the car park and yet I'm still waiting like a muppet :(

Taxing 3 vehicles today :eek:

I got my ticket, went to the Gardai, got money, got a nice spot in the car park and yet I'm still waiting like a muppet :(

Its well for some. :p

• Advertisement

Its well for some. :p

Daily next month, full year :cool:

4 cars broken down on the M1. Not even at the Tallonstown exit! 2 punctures and 2 bonnets up.... Dear oh dear, wonder why the other 2 have broken down?

Bit of a weird one, lads.
    My car is low on fuel, about 30 miles or less left in the tank, how ever, when I hoped in it to drive home from my girlfriends tonight, the fuel gauge flew up to nearly full and the thermostat was sitting with a little bit of heat in it.
    I sat there in show for a second, I knew I hadn't filled it, I've never done that and I'm flat broke right now, no one had driven the car in over 24 hours so there'd be no residual heat left in it. Confused as I was I set off.
    Over about 100 meters the temp went right down to cold, as it should be and over about 750m the fuel slowly went down to where it should be too.
    Once I was home I knocked it off, went into the house for a minute then went back out to move the car, this time no movement of the gauges.

I'm completely stumped with this one, as is Google.
    Anyone seen this before? I'm very confused. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

When im selling the Octy in the next month or so, whats best way to resolve the tax ?

Hardly worth putting 3 months on it is it when i new owner can just get log book and tax it , if i decided too can you still declare a car of the road in retrospect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

When im selling the Octy in the next month or so, whats best way to resolve the tax ?

Hardly worth putting 3 months on it is it when i new owner can just get log book and tax it , if i decided too can you still declare a car of the road in retrospect

You shouldn't need to declare it off the road once you've sold it. I don't think they follow up on it because if they do you can just declare it off the road. Technically you should tax it and then claim the remaining tax back by filling out the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

My car is low on fuel, about 30 miles or less left in the tank, how ever, when I hoped in it to drive home from my girlfriends tonight, the fuel gauge flew up to nearly full and the thermostat was sitting with a little bit of heat in it.
    I sat there in show for a second, I knew I hadn't filled it, I've never done that and I'm flat broke right now, no one had driven the car in over 24 hours so there'd be no residual heat left in it. Confused as I was I set off.
    Over about 100 meters the temp went right down to cold, as it should be and over about 750m the fuel slowly went down to where it should be too.
    Once I was home I knocked it off, went into the house for a minute then went back out to move the car, this time no movement of the gauges.

Momentary Earth/electrical fault causing gauges to read offscale high.

Nothing to worry too much about. Probably a loose connection or moisture somewhere it's not supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

If the fuel light is on in my yoke and I park on a hill with the nose facing up the hill, the fuel gauge will rise right up and then once I start driving it goes back to where it should be.

Sell it untaxed, nothing to resolve :)

If the fuel light is on in my yoke and I park on a hill with the nose facing up the hill, the fuel gauge will rise right up and then once I start driving it goes back to where it should be.

That's because the fuel moves about creatinga higher level where the measurement point is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I filled up my astra a couple of weeks ago brimmed it and when I switched it on the fuel gauge only went up to half full. I switched it of and on again and went to full. A similar thing would happen to my astra if on a hill for. Also when you are driving slow the needle moves up by a bit. I suppose the fuel gauge is only to give a rough guideline and will never be 100 percent accurate in its reading.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement