Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sure god love the innocent youth :D:)

seriously I've no idea what a beadophile is :)

Ah GIMF

One of those who religiously like the rain to "bead" on their cars.

Nah, not for me, I'm far too sloblike for that level of activity

Plus I'm currently crippled so can't do it even if I wanted to :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You seem to be having a blonde day today :P

BEADOPHILES

See previous post above :)

I have had a rather blond day today overall though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

What about this or this? I know they are fairly basic....But I might as well let ya know! :)

The Challenge 65 piece set doesn't look too bad but I've heard some negative things with their stuff, especially power tools. The 22 piece wouldn't interest me. Thanks though :)
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've had mine since 2008 or 9 and am proud to say I haven't lost anything out of it yet. It's put up with dogs abuse too.

Challenge stuff is generally dirt.

Nice to here hear :pac: I've yet to see anything as decent, then again I haven't looked properly. Only realised it has impact sockets too, 17, 19, 21, 23.

Just something to do me through college, at home and hopefully in trade in the future if I go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, and ratchet spanners too :)

Also loads of odd bits, for example I was fitting a Candy integrated fridge yesterday and changing around the side it's hinged, it had strange star bolts (not torx) that I'd never come across. Sure enough here was something to fit in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Just came across this earlier this evening.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4205208

View2-15751236.jpeg

I have been in plenty of these motors as a passenger and can safely say, they are one of the most comfortable cars ever. It's hard to believe they are so cheap these days. A new set of wheels, a good clean and some slightly tinted windows and it's so much car for the money.

40mpg on the motorway and with a Brabus remap fairly quick too. A quick look online see's that a new Superb goes for a few grand more than this. Put that towards the tax and you're laughing.

Love this model S-Class....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

cant believe the opc is cheapest

That's probably only down to the lack of them on the roads here compared to the others and therefore the lower claims or history of payouts involving them. It's good that it works in your favour though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dar83 wrote: »
    That's probably only down to the lack of them on the roads here compared to the others and therefore the lower claims or history of payouts involving them. It's good that it works in your favour though! :)

It was the same with the MPS and the 335 :D

Or maybe I'm just old :(

Or maybe I'm just old :(

You mean ancient don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno wrote: »

What was so bad MM?

Does Bubblewrap work in IT?

Ya, I know this was on page 1. But its a course I'm doing IT. Work experience every friday in the council office, in the IT section.

I done a hotel and catering cousre last year, but I said I would give the oul IT a go to see what its like.

But, I think I will go back to the cooking in september, to be a chef. :) I also got my cert yesturday for that course. Got all merits, and I got a cert to state that I had full attendence too.

so that could help with future employment. :)

Good luck with whichever you chose :)

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Good luck with whichever you chose :)

Thanks, chosing is the hardest part. :P

If I go on with the chefing, I will eventually get a scooby like SH, except it will be a spoiler edition! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks, chosing is the hardest part. :P

If I go on with the chefing, I will eventually get a scooby like SH, except it will be a spoiler edition! :D

Chefing is a curse. I would give my right nut, for a proper job, from which I come back not smelling like full Irish breakfast sprinkled with butter and spuds.

It's a shame I had to drop my education 8 years ago for IT and forced to go and work so I could eat and live somewhere better then under the bridge. I am thanking Ireland for giving such a chance of surviving!
    And if I would have that IT education I would not have sold skyline and bought scooby, I would be driving an GTR now.

Just a friendly tip from someone who was in this ****: get yourself a proper education ( even if it is not an IT ) and don't go near chefing if you want to be able to live properly with normal social life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Parade thoroughly rained on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Passed by ballsbridge motors at lunch time, they have the new fake regs on the cars in the windows, they look flipping dumb
    131-D-00000

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They've got them at Windsor Nissan too.
    I really don't mind them, then I am usual more placid than an old fat Labrador.

I'm getting old, so I don't like change! :p

Just looks strange too many digits IMO

Just make sure you get an early plate I guess. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i dont like it too.

the idea alone of changing a number plate, because some people can be a bit superstitious is mind blowing. i though we live in 21st century. :rolleyes:

It's not because of that though.
    New car sales are at their highest in the first few months of the year but now only plebs will be driving 131 plates after June, this'll give the car sales figures a much needed boost in the second half of the year.

Sure they'll tell us it's because people are superstitious but that's only so we don't get angry and not buy cars. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Ya, I know this was on page 1. But its a course I'm doing IT. Work experience every friday in the council office, in the IT section.

I done a hotel and catering cousre last year, but I said I would give the oul IT a go to see what its like.

But, I think I will go back to the cooking in september, to be a chef. :) I also got my cert yesturday for that course. Got all merits, and I got a cert to state that I had full attendence too.

so that could help with future employment. :)

PLC ?

• Advertisement

Yeah but cian why did they only dream it up for 2013?
    Because we are all scared of the no13 no other reason!
    Shan't be buying a 13 car at all just saying don't like the look of it.

Well they had to come up with it at some stage, they could have had this planned for years and decided now was the best time to put it into place.
    My info's from someone in the industry btw, worth mentioning.

Yeah, I won't be buying a 13 car either, I'm far to broke. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

coolisin wrote: »

The no. 13 just ask BOD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

coolisin wrote: »

"She's on a roll, Mary O'Biddy has won the car!!!"

"Congratulations on winning this new Peugeot 5008, worth a staggering...."

"Ah Marty, I can't take that. Twill have 13 on the front won't it? It's too big for me, I can only turn right anyway because left is the way of the wickens and I'd lose me lucky horseshoe and 3 rabbit feet in the glovebox"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

1500e for insurance on a 3mps, the choices are becoming endless :D

Mmm, 3MPS.
    They're apparently not too expensive to bring over a save 400bph.

And there's this.

Chefing is a curse. I would give my right nut, for a proper job, from which I come back not smelling like full Irish breakfast sprinkled with butter and spuds.

It's a shame I had to drop my education 8 years ago for IT and forced to go and work so I could eat and live somewhere better then under the bridge. I am thanking Ireland for giving such a chance of surviving!
    And if I would have that IT education I would not have sold skyline and bought scooby, I would be driving an GTR now.

Just a friendly tip from someone who was in this ****: get yourself a proper education ( even if it is not an IT ) and don't go near chefing if you want to be able to live properly with normal social life.

Ya, I see what your saying. But on this IT course all the course modules are sh1t as far as I'm concern. Coding and all this console, readline, writeline. Then there is spread sheets, then data base and the rest.. I find it a pain in the arse. I think computers will only ever be a hobby for me. :) Thanks for the advice. :)
    PLC ?

Ya the hotel and catering one was a FAS fetec level 5. This is a level 5 plc course. But both are PLC (Post leaving cert) courses if that makes sence. I done LCA (leaving cert applied) so I had to do a course to get into college, But I decided to two courses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

http://t.co/HpBdAXFR Most reliable car, last fifteen years.
    http://t.co/ofc7UX2G Least reliable cars, last fifteen years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

http://t.co/HpBdAXFR Most reliable car, last fifteen years.
    http://t.co/ofc7UX2G Least reliable cars, last fifteen years.

There's no Fiat bashing so it get's my approval :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Just back from the doe centre my Astra passed anyway. I had a good feeling it would but still I was nervous enough. Specially when it's 35 euro plus vat for a retest. People complain about 50 for nct it's 87.16 euro for doe. Still I don't mind doing it as at least I know there is no major issues with the van.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement