Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Keep it in a bag somewhere do you?
    4139106530_1dab7f9e63.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

tossy wrote: »
    I love your car MM,next boards meet i bags a spin :D seen another cork reg one on Sunday on the M7 with the reg 07 C 335 1 - i hope it wasn't a 320 as i bowed to the reg and 'let him on' :)

Mine is actually a 316d :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I noticed a little bit of oil in the driveway, not sure if its from my Audi. Car underside looked dry. Going to check the oil levels as soon it stops being so damn cold outside.

Could have been from your previous Alfa 156....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

OSI wrote: »
    That explains the wonky exhausts so! :pac::pac:

And the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I noticed a little bit of oil in the driveway, not sure if its from my Audi. Car underside looked dry. Going to check the oil levels as soon it stops being so damn cold outside.

I'm sure there was a few patches of fresh looking oil on the ground near all the cars in Midway too. Think it was kind of behind the white truck (on the driving lane rather than in a spot). Could have been anyone though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Hopefully it's ok. Have a look at this by the way

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/88299-sai-removal-guide.html

The rough idle at start up definitely points to a problem with the SAI (secondary air injection) system,it's a daft system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Cool I`ll take a look, where did you get that nice silicon intake pipe? Do you have a link to it? I should be able to fit it myself. I think that SAI is beyond my abilities going to ask George Dalton what he thinks since he is the man to ask about VAG cars.

George will steer you in the right direction alright.

Here is the Turbo intake pipe i have.(not in red though)

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010601&product=FM225IND

There is also this one from Badger

http://www.awesomegti.com/badger-5-80mm-turbo-intake-pipe-s3-8l-tt-225-lcr

Both are from reputable companies,the forge one gives around a 10/12 bhp increase - i've seen rolling road evidence of this on a car before. The badger one is said to give around 25bhp. Neither are cheap for a silicone hose but it's one of the best upgrades i've made to any car - i also saved a few quid by buying 2 from a forge stall at a car show,i'd say if you e mailed forge and told them you are a member of Audi-sport or something they might knock a few quid off.

Just to show you what it corrects - here is a video of the OEM pipe collapsing at high revs - causing a flat spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I couldn't recommend George enough. A pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I had my nct this morning. It wasn't due until later this month but got a earlier booking. I was interested in seeing the c02 readout it states; low idle (740), co 0.30% vol, hc 207 ppm.
    high idle (2,800), lambda: 1.00, co 0.01 vol % !, hc 43 ppm. So delighted with that, shes sound but failed on a visual. Fecking brake light bulb had the wrong filliment, so causing the brake lights to remain on constantly :o. I replaced them as a pair with the correct type when I got in. All lights working as they now should. Coolaboola :).

RoverJames wrote: »
    .......... There's a place across from Harvey Normans (unmanned, credit card fuel pumps) that's cheap for diesel and totally legit afaik, I'll be passing it tomorrow and will have a look at the price :).............

€1.509/litre :)

5c/litre more up the road at what used to be the VW dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

€1.509/litre :)

5c/litre more up the road at what used to be the VW dealer.

Thanks for that. The place I seen must of been way out price wise. I should get home anyway the 1.47 in kilkenny is too tempting. I asked my dad last night to double check he is getting 2 tanks a week at the moment and it is still 1.47. I think he filled up last night. He is driving 1900km a week at the moment it's fair going as he is only driving to work in Dublin the driving is not part of his job.

Bpmull wrote: »
    ............He is driving 1900km a week at the moment it's fair going as he is only driving to work in Dublin the driving is not part of his job.

That is fair going on top of a week's work too, was on the road for a year and 25k miles was enough as part of the job imo :)

That is fair going on top of a week's work too, was on the road for a year and 25k miles was enough as part of the job imo :)

He will be doing that amount of driving for about 3 months and then hopefully he won't have to drive as far. Your right its not nice to have to drive a serious amount each day and still have to go in and do a hard days work. It doesn't seem to bother him to much anyway. He was working in uk last year so he is just happy to be back working in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Failed NCT on front suspension imbalance. Happy it's only that - could any decent mechanic change the shocks and engine oil on a 2005 BMW? Or should I go to Fahy's...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well, NCT done yesterday. Failed on rear wheel alignment and drivers side dipped beam alignment, but the more interesting results....

nctemissions.jpg

Car Terracleaned 10 days ago. How much of an affect that had, I shall let you decide yourself.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Interesting,

Seems the DOT has started using email notifications for Motor Tax and also mentions NCT!

motortax_notify.png
    (my old car)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Nice thing to see in the dark..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Seems very quiet here today; in NY/Boston for a week with a Dodge Grand Caravan as a hire car. My sis in law has an earlier version in Dublin. It certainly drives better than hers - not just an engine issue. Feels great at 85-90 on thruways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Got my insurance renewal and i'm shocked at the price, 3 euro cheaper than last year, i thought it was a joke until i rang them and yeah it was correct so i said i'd be in touch, cant wait to tell them i'm off, i'm with the same company for over 13 years and they stab me in the back like this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Autosport wrote: »
    Got my insurance renewal and i'm shocked at the price, 3 euro cheaper than last year, i thought it was a joke until i rang them and yeah it was correct so i said i'd be in touch, cant wait to tell them i'm off, i'm with the same company for over 13 years and they stab me in the back like this :(

You never shop around and move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You never shop around and move?

I do shop around but they normally match the new quote so then i dont move

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Autosport wrote: »
    I do shop around but they normally match the new quote so then i dont move

Well, I'm guessing you're female..so, I'd imagine the new gender equality has come in to play. Insurance varies, shop around sure, no harm in that.With 13 years of driving there's only so far it's gonna drop.

What's the car?NCB?age?What was the quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Picked this up yesterday.. IMG-20130207-WA0001_zps4ff8facf.jpg drove from london to portlaoise (apart from the ferry obviously) on just a little over half a tank! Took 40 liters to fill the tank with the light on! Not bad I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

OSI wrote: »
    The price of second hand Elises is bonkers :eek:

Too true, I always wanted one, but they never came down to reasonable money (for a second car that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

pred racer wrote: »
    Too true, I always wanted one, but they never came down to reasonable money (for a second car that is)

Totally, they are one of those always wanted but probably will never get cars for me:(

Was driving home from college today. Cork to Kilkenny going up the motorway my wipers in full lashing rain spray of all the cars hard to see. A Real situation for dipped headlights visibility was terrible. Then up behind me comes a black astra no light on what so ever. Hard enough to even spot him with all the spray of other cars. He passes me and was doing at Least 150kmh the road covered in surface water people are mad. Next thing I approach the toll bridge and a micra with no lights is reversing up the motorway towards me. I don't know why maybe he didn't have money for the toll. But it was just so dangerous. To finish my post earlier in the week, I got home on the quarter of a tank 850 km on the clock and the light wasn't even on and that's with a 51 litre diesel tank small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Hi,

I know i asked ye to value a vechile for me earlier in the week, but theres been a change of plan with that, so im asking ye to value another car for me!!! fun fun fun i know.

Its a rare enough vehicle.

'04 Opel Corsa
    76000 miles
    Automatic
    1.0l
    Not a scratch or bump anywhere.
    Interior spotless

Any guess's at a value?

Does the price drop "dramatically" cos its an automatic?

Selling it privately about 2300 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

I was guessing at 2500, putting it up for 2750?
    Room for a haggle, everybody loves a haggle
    Do ye reckon a deal would take it as a trade in?
    Im planning on get an A4 or 3series maybe 02-03.

The reason I ask is that with it being an automatic id presume
    that the market would be fairly small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

IK09 wrote: »

Does the price drop "dramatically" cos its an automatic?

I would expect it to fetch more because it is an auto. It's a very rare thing, to have a car in that kind of price range, with that small an engine with an auto box. So there is a premium associated with it.

My Auto Polo sold for more than the manuals I was comparing it with. I priced it higher and got the higher price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement