Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

CianRyan wrote: »
    @Ronnie: With a Stillen super charger kit.
    Nothing wrong with 500RWHP!

Stage 4 :D

Redisle wrote: »
    I spotted a 2009 Focus RS near the Lough in Cork during the week actually. Some car! ...........

Only one I've ever seen in ROI I saw in the same area some morning back in November :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bit of a nasty crash in Limerick earlier today

68932_10152565792325052_561948151_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus!
    Just a bit terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Another angle....

64576_351408148306207_700424789_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Right, there is something really really wrong in cork.

It's sunny and not balls freezing... I smell some sort of a scam.

My car is as dirty as it was in the first place earlier this week... Why I even bother....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Right, there is something really really wrong in cork.

It's sunny and not balls freezing... I smell some sort of a scam.

My car is as dirty as it was in the first place earlier this week... Why I even bother....

Dublin's the same, I'm confused :p

Hopefully it holds for the weekend, going to try clean the car on Sunday, its filthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Someone seems to have dumped a Saab in an estate near me. 2004 93 2.2 TiD manual, lowish spec (no leather), tax and NCT both out, no insurance disk, doors are unlocked and the inside is dirty but not damaged. Bonnet is unlocked too and I think I see the fusebox cover lying in the passenger footwell. Nearside is fairly mossy, including the window seals but I think the car has been there only a few weeks. I bet the engine's knackered. Parked where it doesn't inconvenience anyone either. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Redisle wrote: »
    I spotted a 2009 Focus RS near the Lough in Cork during the week actually. Some car! The guy was driving it so so carefully & slowly, going to great lengths to avoid any rough patches of road. It was kind of odd, maybe it wasn't his car or perhaps he had a recent bad experience of pot holes. Just had a look.. still insane tax on the new system of €1200.

It actually works out cheaper on the new System than the old system, its, €1294 on the old CC based system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Anyone know how I could get the passenger side door card of a Yaris? The door doesn't open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone know how I could get the passenger side door card of a Yaris? The door doesn't open.

Take off the pull handle, unscrew the interior handle, take the window switch panel off, there should be a few bolts or screws in there. After that just yanking SHOULD do the trick. You might find it easier to take the seat out first.

If the door doesn't open, try pulling the lock button yoke up while opening the door handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Just in from the workshop now, got a bit carried away!

Started that vanos seals job last weekend, engine back together and engine bay detailed tonight. Did a full coolant flush last weekend too so have to fill it with coolant and start her up in the morning, also did oil / oil filter.

Tomorrow going to wash / tardis / clay and go at it with the polisher. Theres moss growing on the window trim, nearly got sick when I saw it :pac:

Have loads of photos ill get them up over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I hope there are cars this cheap when I'm ready to buy!
    That wing looks nasty though and I want a VR limited. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Worth buying for hardtop alone, even you you will throw the car it self from the cliff.

If that would be mk2 I would get it for parts + hard top alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Saw a Citroen C5 in Swords with all its windows tinted, even the windscreen (not in a felt way either, full tint).... Thought tinted windscreens were outlawed since the early 80s? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    Saw a Citroen C5 in Swords with all its windows tinted, even the windscreen (not in a felt way either, full tint).... Thought tinted windscreens were outlawed since the early 80s? :confused:

Road traffic laws are only for german and jap cars.
    French an Italian cars are exempt.....:D

Ssshhhh dont tell anyone:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sounded like DGT's daysul for a second lad! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Sounded like DGT's daysul for a second lad! :pac:

Needs moar smoke and powwwwww :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

it was a seriously day. At 9.00 am some lads came to look at my astra. I only put it up for sale on Thursday evening. The lads that came to look at it loved it and bought it straight away. had a cup of tea paid and took the van of with them a sellers dream. they were the first people to look at it. I was serious in the ad when I said "first to see will buy". So I was very happy with what I got for it. now just to find a new car/van.

Just watching wheeler dealers where they do up a g wagen. Sells it in the end to some guy in Cyprus.

Just saw the email he sent. Looks scammy to me!

imagerpnt.jpg

Wonder if that buyer actually bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Almost saw a mini crash in to a Hyundai i-whatever, over at East wall there are 4 lanes, mini was waiting behind a car turning right at traffic lights, hyundai coming up on the left land and then when it was about to pass the stupid mini driver decides they are bored waiting behind the volvo turning right and they pull out into the left lane...the Hyundai driver jumps on the horn and I was thinking oh fúck this is going to be bad, lucky the Mini just pulled back at the last moment. If the Mini was a normal sized car it would have been bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Bpmull wrote: »
    it was a seriously day. At 9.00 am some lads came to look at my astra. I only put it up for sale on Thursday evening. The lads that came to look at it loved it and bought it straight away. had a cup of tea paid and took the van of with them a sellers dream. they were the first people to look at it. I was serious in the ad when I said "first to see will buy". So I was very happy with what I got for it. now just to find a new car/van.

Sold the Astra h van already?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The lads that came to look at it loved it and bought it straight away.

:pac:

It was just too big really for my needs tbh. I'd love an astra h coupe van type with a 1.7 engine. But the 1.3 engine was just starting to become unbearable. It was just too under powered tbh. So I put it on donedeal at a fairly high price not expecting it to sell and it did. So at least I got back my money on it including all I spent so 7 months free driving basically. Don't get me wrong I love the astra h and would buy another just not the estate type coupled with the 1.3 engine. So ill either buy a focus van or I'd consider another astra if I could get a 1.7 they seem to be rare in 1.7 format though.

...........So ill either buy a focus van..........
    If you're getting a diesel the 1.6 PSA engine is a bastad for turbo failure, I'd go with the older 1.8 in a Focus if I was getting a Focus diesel.

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you're getting a diesel the 1.6 PSA engine is a bastad for turbo failure, I'd go with the older 1.8 in a Focus if I was getting a Focus diesel.

Ill try and get a 1.8. If you look in the other thread I put up today it describes how me and dad went to see the roughest 2008 focus van I'd ever seen described by the seller as mint it was the that dirty I didnt even sit in it as my clothes would have been ruined. It's actually shocking how some people treat cars. Looks like ill be car less for the next while until I find something decent. It's not too bad as my dad will drop me up to cork tomorrow for college for the week and I don't need a car when I'm in college anyway. The mileage is going up so fast on the 11 octavia currently doing 64mpg but that's all long drives.

I remember this for sale a few years ago, the add of yerteryear claimed it was in very decent condition and iirc it was priced accordingly.....

http://photos2.donedeal.ie/View2-17556519.jpeg SCUDO to the left !!!

click here for ole Toyota

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4582436

View2-17591045.jpeg

• Advertisement

I see a fiat scudo :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement