Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Hal1 wrote: »
    I was just on a ford fourm advising some lad against this. Hey had templates printed out and all lol. I can imagine his thinking 'Oh that looks about right' starts drilling then :eek:. I posted that pic to show him and hopefully he will think twice about it.

Show him this too
    dscf9722version2mn4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MugMugs wrote: »
    Sure she's an economical write off then :pac:

I'll just have to buy a prius:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Was out at a body shop seeing how much it would be to sort out my rusty arches/bubbling paint work. Looks like 500 quid. Bit of a pain, but I thought it was actually going to be worse than that. I've used the guy before and his work is always top notch.

Can't say I noticed any paint issues on your motor earlier tbh...;)

Was out at a body shop seeing how much it would be to sort out my rusty arches/bubbling paint work. Looks like 500 quid. Bit of a pain, but I thought it was actually going to be worse than that. I've used the guy before and his work is always top notch.

Cheaper than €500 :)

gp20sabdpaper2015020grit.jpg

p22618a.jpg

u-pol-zinc-182-primer-anti-rust-2.5l-901-p.jpg

devilbis_Dev_FLG_combo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Speaking of painting, I never posted this!
    166761_10151326949249608_1129880406_n.jpg

€320 all in, originally asked for €400 but I got them down.
    The paint is identical to the rest of the car, happy out with the job.

That's for the lights and straightening everything out too btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Saw a brand new Clio today, generally okay looking but I had to laugh at the 15" steelies with hubcaps.

Somebody at work also has a new S80, which replaced a 2010 S80

166man wrote: »

Haha how long were you behind me before I saw ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Jesus Cian That's a nice job :D:D:D

Can I ask where you got it done because I still have to get that golf that I reversed into repaired...

Also did you source the wing? was it already the same colour as the car? and did they have to do any blending in on the panel/car?

Haha how long were you behind me before I saw ya?

Just at that roundabout, noticed the silver BMW coupe, then looked to see if it had twin pipes at the back meaning it had something special under the bonnet. Finally I saw the spoiler and put 2 and 2 together. Car looks unbelievably shiny btw. Kudo's!

I'm only around the corner from the Dropping Well anyhow, if you're ever around the Cowper Road area find the driveway with a fleet of Alfa's in it, that'll be me!:D

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Jesus Cian That's a nice job :D:D:D

Can I ask where you got it done because I still have to get that golf that I reversed into repaired...

Also did you source the wing? was it already the same colour as the car? and did they have to do any blending in on the panel/car?

The paint job was outsourced to a lad working out of a garage in Greenhills, really professional though.
    I dropped the car into AF Motors in Tallaght and they got the light for me, I got the wing myself. Brand new OEM part so it just needed to be prep'ed and sprayed.

The wing was got the same way most of my Nissan OEM parts are, which saved me more than half the price of the job! :eek:

And yeah, he blended down the door, it's absolutely seamless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Cool.

I think I'm going to try and source a second hand wing in the correct colour and just have the body shop fit it and blend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Keep deciding to buy a car then shrinking back from it. Having an unemployed partner is making things a bit difficult.

Just at that roundabout, noticed the silver BMW coupe, then looked to see if it had twin pipes at the back meaning it had something special under the bonnet. Finally I saw the spoiler and put 2 and 2 together. Car looks unbelievably shiny btw. Kudo's!

I'm only around the corner from the Dropping Well anyhow, if you're ever around the Cowper Road area find the driveway with a fleet of Alfa's in it, that'll be me!:D

Demon shined it about a week ago...still looks good:cool:

Demon shined it about a week ago...still looks good:cool:

It really does... Some shine off it, those MV2's are ace as well! Surprised you didn't hear the squeak off my yoke's suspension either...:o

Still at least my car is a real colour...:pac:

I like silver, up the lot 'a ya!

CianRyan wrote: »

My next yoke will quite likely be silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

But, but, but its Silver;)

MugMugs wrote: »
    Sure she's an economical write off then :pac:
    Yep, coz its silver

I'll just have to buy a prius:P

Just not in silver

Apart from the fact its silver (obviously)
    dgt wrote: »
    Cheaper than €500 :)

But would ya be arsed for a silver car?
    CianRyan wrote: »

OMG:eek:
    RoverJames wrote: »
    My next yoke will quite likely be silver.

This whole place is going to the dogs:pac:

I'm going to avoid colourless cars in future as best I can... I like colours :)

Yes yes, silver pair of Alfas, I know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'm going to avoid colourless cars in future as best I can... I like colours :)

Yes yes, silver pair of Alfas, I know :o

I would say you had a silver pug, but it was mostly black :pac:

Quick question people:

Debadged yay or nay?
    406fronteyebrowslarge.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Legitimately or for felty purposes?

If you're felting it, then yes. If not, then dear god no.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I think that looks well de-badged - not sure 'bout the brows though.

I have 2 bumpers to play with if it looks like a turd I can change it back :)

Yeeeeeeahhhhhh :cool:
    download.do?id=474194685200&type=3&version=0&storageId=674

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got an email from terraclean today, getting it done Thursday at lunchtime :D danke sehr MM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I have 2 bumpers to play with if it looks like a turd I can change it back :)

Yeeeeeeahhhhhh :cool:
    download.do?id=474194685200&type=3&version=0&storageId=674

Not quite sure of the tone of that thread, without understanding russian its like:

half skangermobiles/half genious & beautiful creations :confused:

The 2 door chopped estate is feckin awesome :cool:

As for the Audi and Toledo.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The gfs mk4 ibiza has developed a slight intermittent hesitation of late, seems to happen in 3rd or 4th gear when accelerating. seems like a coilpack sort of issue, the car was taken to SEAT in Bandon to get the brake pads replaced and to diagnose the problem but all they said was that its a 3cyl engine and that theyre all like that, or else its the way my gf is driving. Complete bollocks as far as im concerned as it wasnt there for a year.
    any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's more than likely an ignition coil. Same kind of thing happened my sister's Polo and as far as I know, it's the same engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

The 2 door chopped estate is feckin awesome :cool:

Too awesome

cQy8UtGQrrY.jpg

Also, this sh!ts coolness

itkCtSO7S14.jpg

Thanks DGT, you've ruined any chances of productivity in work tomorrow for me :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement