Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

MugMugs wrote: »
    Seriously ?

"I don't care if you're Cheryl Cole, you drive a Diesel. You shall not have me....."

REALLY?

Loud diesels can drown out other sounds in public places :D

I drive a diesel, so no bias there.

This girl had an arse you'd follow for miles;) she had seen me giving her the 'once over' and I'd gotten a smile:D (things are a bit different here, french women only get the hump if you dont look)
    So the sun was out, i had a nice fresh baguette under my arm,
    A smile from a pretty french girl
    (Thats as far as it goes, once they hear my tipperary accented french its game over:pac:)

But the clatter of that yoke starting up:eek: honest ta fook Ive had diesel generators that sounded better than this.

It totally blew away my warm fuzzy feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

pred racer wrote: »

But the clatter of that yoke starting up.....

Loooool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

But the clatter of that yoke starting up:eek: honest ta fook Ive had diesel generators that sounded better than this..

I thought this would have been more of a turn on for you than a hot woman :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

This girl had an arse you'd follow for miles;) she had seen me giving her the 'once over' and I'd gotten a smile:D (things are a bit different here, french women only get the hump if you dont look)
    So the sun was out, i had a nice fresh baguette under my arm,
    A smile from a pretty french girl
    Hurrr hurr,
    The word itself was not used to refer to a type of bread until apparently 1920,what is now known as "baguette" may have existed well before that. In the French language, the word has long been applied to many elongated objects that are not bread, such as baguette magique (magic wand)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Normally proper fuel sounds grand, this yoke sounded worse than my old MF 35x

And nothing is more of a turn on than a cheeky grin from a tidy french bird
    In public anyway:D
    langdang wrote: »

It was a baguette de marie, does that make it any better:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A cool little fez:

441456A9-50B3-42FF-9567-B8F8D6C1672C-309-0000001CA11FEE62_zpsefffbe92.jpg

F401DC9E-DF25-4DE8-A20B-35DB347F7D9E-309-0000001CB6EA4B81_zps7e88643e.jpg

Seriously fun little car and goes like stink. A great build thread goes along with it :). It done a quater mile in 11.74 @ 129.15mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sounds like it was
    I totally blew my warm fuzzy feeling :o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Not sure about the roof scoop, but the engine bay looks quite tidy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Bad news for all you vag lovers.

It appears they've gotten the free Elsaweb sites taken down.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Bad news for all you vag lovers.

Ummmmmmmmmmm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...tastic find!

Hmm seems I might be getting somewhere with this oil burning lark...

Seems these can fail on the XUD. Would co-incide with no real loss of power or pulling, but the plumes of blue smoke after starting and off boost :)

stemseal.jpg

Meh, I'll still change the engine anyway, because I can and I want my old pump back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    Hmm seems I might be getting somewhere with this oil burning lark...

Seems these can fail on the XUD. Would co-incide with no real loss of power or pulling, but the plumes of blue smoke after starting and off boost :)

stemseal.jpg

Meh, I'll still change the engine anyway, because I can and I want my old pump back :pac:

Are you putting the engine from the silver car in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Car/van just bought. I'm delighted I don't want to say to much until I actually have it. But we're collecting it on Friday once we've done a cartel check on it.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Are you putting the engine from the silver car in it?

Yus :cool:

This means I have a host of new parts like the belts, clutch, glow plugs etc and I can properly wind up the turbo a bit. I might even get installing my boos gauge finally!!! :D

Then the Xantia engine, after I've done a few bits to it.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I knew my old Golf was a company car and seeing this, in the colour etc. rang a bell.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4477492

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4523345

Basically the same reg, so I'd assume they were company cars together :)

Funny though, mine had over 100k miles more than that one it on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

DId you put those side moudlings back on before shifting her??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have a 911 Petrol RC car that I got from a mate. Spent about 3 days fixing the setup on it. Then myself and another motorsport boards mod had a RC head-on collision. His buggy took off and drove up a wall resulting in the chassis being bent into a U shape :) My 911 R/C car was pretty much undamaged.

That s2000 one couldn't be worth 600 could it?It does do 50mph... :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    DId you put those side moudlings back on before shifting her??

I did ya, Deals finest 1.49 double sided tape ( its actually serious stuff)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I have a kyosho petrol car at home Subaru impreza cover similar to the ad. I know nothing about it I used it once when I got it 3 years ago haven't used it since such a waste it cost 800 euro new although i bought it of my uncle for less. I just don't have the knowledge in them as they can be fiddely enough. I might stick it on adverts cheap and get rid of it is kyosho a good brand? I'm not sure.

I knew my old Golf was a company car and seeing this, in the colour etc. rang a bell.........

The only person I ever met who had a Golf estate was a rep for Hella (mid to late 90s, previous model Golf).

Have one out in the shed too. Co incidence, I was only saying it to the brother I'd love to use it again.

RoverJames wrote: »

The only person I ever met who had a Golf estate was a rep for Hella (mid to late 90s, previous model Golf).

George Dalton serviced my one. Maybe he knows more about that one.

People I need advice.

I think I've been scammed with a slow reading pump at a forecourt. The car took far more diesel than it should have, taking the filler into account and trapped air. The guage is fairly accurate (no French electric jokes please it does work well)

Anyone I can contact about this?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Bloody recording of Wheeler Dealers last night was knocked off by someone :mad: anyone know where I can see it right now? It's not on youtube yet.

It's the Aston Martin DB7.

People I need advice.

I think I've been scammed with a slow reading pump at a forecourt. The car took far more diesel than it should have, taking the filler into account and trapped air. The guage is fairly accurate (no French electric jokes please it does work well)

Cheers

Contact the national standards authority.

How much was to out by roughly?

People I need advice.

Cheers

NSAI Legal Metrology Service............. e-mail legmet@nsai.ie.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Contact the national standards authority.

How much was to out by roughly?

Cheers!

I estimated that the car would take about 23-24 litres max (filler, air in tank etc) it took almost 28

• Advertisement

Cheers!

I estimated that the car would take about 23-24 litres max (filler, air in tank etc) it took almost 28

Probably worth telling them because that's a fair bit out! Worth bearing in mind though that you didn't and couldn't measure it accurately unfortunately. I hope they listen to you though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement