Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »
    NSAI Legal Metrology Service............. e-mail legmet@nsai.ie.

Thank you RJ that's exactly what I was looking for :)

Email sent, hope they take the time to read it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    Thank you RJ that's exactly what I was looking for :)

Email sent, hope they take the time to read it :)

I'm sure they'll read it but by the time they do anything the fuel supplies will have run out. ;)

I joke, that's outrageous if it's out by that much. Hope you hear from them soon and get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

MugMugs wrote: »

Mothers a fcuk :eek:

I wasnt all that impressed, until :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Bloody recording of Wheeler Dealers last night was knocked off by someone :mad: anyone know where I can see it right now? It's not on youtube yet.

It's the Aston Martin DB7.

It's on again tomorrow at 8. Discovery again AFAIR.

• Advertisement

Mothers a fcuk :eek:

I wasnt all that impressed, until :eek::eek:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Go Pro footage of the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

MugMugs wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Go Pro footage of the end.

I doubt theres much to see, he's going 'round at a fair rate

I doubt theres much to see, he's going 'round at a fair rate

I was thinking more about how the puke lined the inside of the car :D

So I told dad about it. We decided to get 5 litres from there. Idiot here filled up with unleaded. 5 litres registered on the pump, will be getting diesel tomorrow

Measured it out, double checked with measuring equipment

4.8 litres each time

I'm seriously pissed off to say the least

So I told dad about it. We decided to get 5 litres from there. Idiot here filled up with unleaded. 5 litres registered on the pump, will be getting diesel tomorrow

4.8 litres each time

Maybe that's why my Alfa ates the fuel....:pac:

Seriously though, really go at them though. Bunch of f**kers...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

4.8 litres each time

That's some joke the pumps are 4 percent out roughly that's 2 litres on 50 litres of fuel it's alot to pay for and not get. I hope you get a good result out of this. All garages should be checked and calibrated on a monthly basis.

4.8 litres each time

There should have been 4.975 L at least for 5L dispensed.

However being realistic factoring in the tolerance on your measuring equipment and the little bit that stayed in the container it's quite plausible that some of the 200 ml could be accounted for.

A tolerance of +/- 4% on your measuring equipment would account for the disparity.

Cheers!

I estimated that the car would take about 23-24 litres max (filler, air in tank etc) it took almost 28

The 4.8l for 5.0l is a lot better than that anyway :)

The diesel pump 5l experiment is well worth doing though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

166man wrote: »

Now, if you find reasons for the oil and water, you're on a winner :pac:

Now, if you find reasons for the oil and water, you're on a winner :pac:

I'm still trying/looking....:D

No joy as of yet though....:pac:

166man wrote: »

Seriously though, really go at them though. Bunch of f**kers...:mad:

I should have known better, alas that's my motoring lesson for the day, avoid that place in future
    Bpmull wrote: »
    That's some joke the pumps are 4 percent out roughly that's 2 litres on 50 litres of fuel it's alot to pay for and not get. I hope you get a good result out of this. All garages should be checked and calibrated on a monthly basis.

If our measuring equipment (a series of marked jugs and cans) is accurate we estimate 96 litres of petrol per 100 read from the pump. At €1.58 a litre thats an extra 4 litres the customer isn't getting along with €6.32 extra to pay at the till
    There should have been 4.975 L at least for 5L dispensed.

However being realistic factoring in the tolerance on your measuring equipment and the little bit that stayed in the container it's quite plausible that some of the 200 ml could be accounted for.

A tolerance of +/- 4% on your measuring equipment would account for the disparity.

The 4.8l for 5.0l is a lot better than that anyway :)

The diesel pump 5l experiment is well worth doing though :)

It is possible and more than likely if I check in the morning there will be dribs and drabs in each container

I understand there will be discrepancies with metering (allow for errors in calibration, wear on pump etc) but with our own equipment it was consistently reading 4.8 litres. Whether the weather has anything to do with that I'm unsure but my suspicions were correct.

I'll post my findings up here tomorrow anyway :) it will be also interesting to see what kind of diesel it is too.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nothing better after training than a nice empty motor way to cruise home on.
    No idiots doing 80 in the over taking lane or getting passed on the left by idiots doing 140.
    Bliss. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    Walking out of the boulangerie yesterday behind a particularly fine specimen, (froggy birds ftw btw:P) and she gets into a Non colour, horrible silver Mini. So Im thinking, nice girl, nice car, what could possibly go wrong? It was a bloody daysul....... Ive never heard such a racket, what are those things fueled with.........gravel??
    Completely ruined an awesome bit of perving.
    I drive a diesel, so no bias there.

This girl had an arse you'd follow for miles;) she had seen me giving her the 'once over' and I'd gotten a smile:D (things are a bit different here, french women only get the hump if you dont look)
    So the sun was out, i had a nice fresh baguette under my arm,
    A smile from a pretty french girl
    (Thats as far as it goes, once they hear my tipperary accented french its game over:pac:)

But the clatter of that yoke starting up:eek: honest ta fook Ive had diesel generators that sounded better than this.

It totally blew away my warm fuzzy feeling.
    Normally proper fuel sounds grand, this yoke sounded worse than my old MF 35x

And nothing is more of a turn on than a cheeky grin from a tidy french bird
    In public anyway:D

It was a baguette de marie, does that make it any better:p

This thread has gone downhill :( I'm now picturing pred as leching around Paris, and looking like
    Wilfrid_Brambell.jpg
    The only person I ever met who had a Golf estate was a rep for Hella (mid to late 90s, previous model Golf).

I knew a vet who had one for about 15 years!
    Bloody recording of Wheeler Dealers last night was knocked off by someone :mad: anyone know where I can see it right now? It's not on youtube yet.

It's the Aston Martin DB7.
    Jimdagym wrote: »
    It's on again tomorrow at 8. Discovery again AFAIR.

Thanks Jim.

I'm moving through an onerous recruitment process at the moment, and if it all comes to fruition, may have to upgrade my car for a newer model. :(

............. but with our own equipment it was consistently reading 4.8 litres..........................

So your equipment and method seem precise :)

Accuracy is important too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

RJ, can you think of a good place for the terraclean to be done tomorrow? Don't wanna drag him out to my house so somewhere near enough college would be good?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RJ, can you think of a good place for the terraclean to be done tomorrow? Don't wanna drag him out to my house so somewhere near enough college would be good?

RJs driveway?

Sorry :o

• Advertisement

Old PTSB bank in Togher.

Outside old Top Car workshop on Farranlea Rd (up from tax office, not Carrigrohane Straight side)

Is there stuff in the van that has be to connected to the car or is it portable stuff they take out of the van?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

All they do is hook up to car battery and fuel lines on car it's a portable thing on wheels they have. Just had it done this morning. They are heading to cork now from Waterford anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Old PTSB bank in Togher.

Outside old Top Car workshop on Farranlea Rd (up from tax office, not Carrigrohane Straight side)

Is there stuff in the van that has be to connected to the car or is it portable stuff they take out of the van?

Thanks RJ, old ptsb sounds good. Would the Kingsley be any good or is that all blocked off?

Dunno, never took any notice tbh. The car park for lee fields would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    This thread has gone downhill :( I'm now picturing pred as leching around Paris, and looking like
    Wilfrid_Brambell.jpg

Thanks Jim.

I'm moving through an onerous recruitment process at the moment, and if it all comes to fruition, may have to upgrade my car for a newer model. :(

Hey......how did you get my photo? :p

So does this mean you will be buying a Brera?

Hey......how did you get my photo? :p

So does this mean you will be buying a Brera?

The French ladies have taken against your oogling and started a campaign against you :D

Dunno really, depends on if I get the job, and take it, and find out I have to get a newer car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Well I just got a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Well I just got a car.

Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Well I just got a car.

Please elaborate.

• Advertisement

Heading to Galway tomorrow then Waterford on Sunday. Keep a look out for me in the red 406! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement