Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just look out for the plumes of black smoke :pac:

Drive safe dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

69e brake pad change in advance pitstop?http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056886442

Also, to those who have also had their cars terracleaned, have ye changed the oil/oil filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Well the nct now rears its ugly head now once per anum like any anniversery

....she's got a clean bill of health tonight..just a refocus of the nearside dip required

Tester said my 2s in great condition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Please elaborate.

It's just a Yaris to basically get me to and from College and some other places. 86K Miles on and everything's perfect on it, just needs a wash and good clean inside. Will throw up some shoddy pictures tomorrow when it's cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's just a Yaris to basically get me to and from College and some other places. 86K Miles on and everything's perfect on it, just needs a wash and good clean inside. Will throw up some shoddy pictures tomorrow when it's cleaned.

Doesn't really matter what it is, well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Stheno wrote: »

Bog off !!! I would have been better off studying earlier. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

CianRyan wrote: »
    Nothing better after training than a nice empty motor way to cruise home on.
    No idiots doing 80 in the over taking lane or getting passed on the left by idiots doing 140.
    Bliss. :)

Or feckin learners :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Or feckin learners :pac:

You'd never know though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Thanks lads/lady :). Im not complaining about it at all, I'll drive anything.

• Advertisement

Was well impressed with the first yaris I sat in way back in 2001, very likeable little cars :)
    Happy motoring.

First car I ever drove was a Yaris, only around the school car park but still. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think my car goes for moonlight drives on its own as I've just checked my mileage and I have 1,500km done and I only have the car 2 weeks. I know I love to drive but that's crazy :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I think my car goes for moonlight drives on its own as I've just checked my mileage and I have 1,500km done and I only have the car 2 weeks. I know I love to drive but that's crazy :D

Jaysus, took me about 3 months to do that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jaysus, took me about 3 months to do that.

That's only 937.5 miles, I've had single weeks where I'll do that mileage!

Stheno wrote: »
    That's only 937.5 miles, I've had single weeks where I'll do that mileage!

Oh KM!
    I did 1500 miles in 3 months. I don't go far to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

My dad collected me from college to night and by the time he got home he had 900km on the trip. Alot considering he filled it and reset the trip this morning:eek:. He went from kilkenny to Longford this morning does his job there he does inspection on metal. Then had to drive to Dublin do some Work up there he went to a few places in Dublin to do bits and pieces. Then he drove to cork to collect me then we went home to Kilkenny. In saying all that he doesn't do that everyday he normally does 350km. In the last couple of weeks the mileage is just flying up on the 11 octavia. Still as a car it's so comfortable and eats through the miles. The sat nav and cruise control is handy too. I asked him does he get sick of all the driving he says he loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Anyone ever seen one of these before, never seen one myself,
    4x4 starlet
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4607329
    Full-17717584.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

It's like a Rav4 and a Starlet made babies together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

It's like a Rav4 and a Starlet made babies together.

Every moment it lives, is agony. Some things were not meant for man's science to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mileage? In the 3 weeks I've been in the newish car about 2700 miles has been put up, or around 4300kms in modern speak. 1400kms a week average :)

They just rack up and up :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Collected my van this morning from Dublin. 2007 focus 1.6tdci. Lovely van I'm delighted with it I love the colour too. 107k km and you'd know it very tight to drive.

image-1_zpsfd56a560.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RED is the way to go! Not a poxy silver! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RED is the way to go! Not a poxy silver! :pac:

Or blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Came back to the car today and noticed this.. bumper cracked and a chunk flaking off (came away in my hand).

Can't be 100% sure that it happened today but pretty p!ssed off regardless. I haven't hit anything myself so looks like someone maybe hit it with a hitch or something as it's very localized damage.

VItdTm7.jpg?1

Oh, **** man. :(

Well I'm still in Galway.... And yer man has wasted my time. Keeps hanging up. What a dick :mad:

Still, all not lost. Car burned about half a litre of oil :eek: a sign to change very soon methinks!

Hats off to CM for putting up with me for a few hours rambling on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Handed my car to the dealer today and took a car from them until my new one arrives. It was parked up 10 minutes before it was out on a test drive. Heart sank seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

test

• Advertisement

Yeahhhh.... This isn't the test forum :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement