Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

David64 wrote: »
    test

34%, must try harder.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Saw a lovely 640i earlier today it was a four door.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Id drive it!

i would not mind that too. Throw the Glanza engine in to it. Take out front prop shaft and you got yourself RWD starlet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

dgt wrote: »
    Yeahhhh.... This isn't the test forum :pac:

He is right, it's here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=361 :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »

I've just discovered the list price of one of these! Well the 630, I assume the 640 is even higher?:eek::eek::eek: It's the Gran Coupe that I saw.

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »

Seems MugsMugs had a go yesterday, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Anyone know where a whine like sound would be coming from in a Yaris? I was thinking the alternator belt and a poster on another forum mentioned it might be just the belt's sound coming through the speakers as sometimes the wires aren't very well grounded for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

You deserting the fold and going with the fanboi's :eek:

pred racer wrote: »
    You deserting the fold and going with the fanboi's :eek:

Not at 114k thanks :D

Anyone know where a whine like sound would be coming from in a Yaris? I was thinking the alternator belt and a poster on another forum mentioned it might be just the belt's sound coming through the speakers as sometimes the wires aren't very well grounded for them.

Like a mechanical "wirrr" or a squeal?
    Could be the power steering pump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Anyone else spot the Corolla parked on the crash barrier on the M7 this evening?

For you lego fans a technics helicopter is Tesco for €33 €84 in Smyths, mightn't be many left around but worth checking your local tesco?

CianRyan wrote: »
    Like a mechanical "wirrr" or a squeal?
    Could be the power steering pump?

It's like a mechanical whirr but I don't think it's the pump as it seems to get louder as you accelerate and go away when they go down/you clutch.

It's like a mechanical whirr but I don't think it's the pump as it seems to get louder as you accelerate and go away when they go down/you clutch.

Any loss of power?

Any loss of power?

Don't think so, seems fine power so far, there's no intermittent power loss either.

Don't think so, seems fine power so far, there's no intermittent power loss either.

What's it sound like, is it a screech that gets worse, and what's it like when you brake?

What's it sound like, is it a screech that gets worse, and what's it like when you brake?

It sounds like a high pitch whistle. It only happens when the engine revs. The car sounds completely normal when I brake.

It sounds like a high pitch whistle. It only happens when the engine revs. The car sounds completely normal when I brake.

I was initially thinking crank sensor but that's out due to the lack of power loss, and bearings are out too as you'd hear them more if you brake.

I've no idea beyond that sorry apart from to say it must be something related to the engine, but I don't know enough to suggest what. The experts will be on soon enough though :) Did you not hear it on your test drive of the car?

I was initially thinking crank sensor but that's out due to the lack of power loss, and bearings are out too as you'd hear them more if you brake.

I've no idea beyond that sorry apart from to say it must be something related to the engine, but I don't know enough to suggest what. The experts will be on soon enough though :) Did you not hear it on your test drive of the car?

I never test drove it, it was a surprise from my folks. It was looked at by a neighbour who's a very competent mechanic but I assume he didn't test it. I am going to get him to take a look at it during the week and see whats what.

• Advertisement

Does it happen when you rev in neutral at standstill or only when moving?

Is it only in the first two gears by any chance?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

hi lads

i have a problem for ye. the engine management light came on the other day in my 02 celica. got it to a mechanic who plugged the diagnostic thing in. fault read VVTI malfunction. Mechanic said it was nothing serious as far as he knew, and reset it. now 3 days later, the light is back on. any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

IMG_20130223_111222.jpg

akelly02 wrote: »
    hi lads

i have a problem for ye. the engine management light came on the other day in my 02 celica. got it to a mechanic who plugged the diagnostic thing in. fault read VVTI malfunction. Mechanic said it was nothing serious as far as he knew, and reset it. now 3 days later, the light is back on. any ideas??

Could be one for TOC to answer.
    Although, I do know MIVEC Lancers can have a similar problem which requires a new sensor of some sort. Vague I know, sorry. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

akelly02 wrote: »
    hi lads

Is the car sluggish after about 4k RPM?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

jwPppQ4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Finally, a 4th wheel!!! :)

The yard had a heap of Toledos, all with straight exhausts :cool: but no powwww :(

And to top it all off, they also had a Fiat Croma 2.5TD :D

I love that place :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Just hit a fecker of a pothole outside Smyths at Cross Guns on the way into Phibsboro. Scared the ****e out of me! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement