Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The place kicking is priceless.

I would love to take one of those kicks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The place kicking is priceless.

The damage to the pitch and the cars though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Stheno wrote: »
    The damage to the pitch and the cars though!

Just turned on the end of it. What pitch were they destroying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

I'd guess the pitch was about to be relaid anyway.

Otherwise it was the good ole British licence payer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Twickenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'd guess the pitch was about to be relaid anyway.

Otherwise it was the good ole British licence payer!

Figured that alright. Wouldnt know my Rugby stadiums well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Forgot to say, driving behind dgt on the motorway is a hilarious experience. For about a minute I thought we'd hit a patch of fog there was that much smoke!

'Tis an awesome experience, I can assure you no more BMW Audi drivers will tailgate any more once the loud pedal is pressed in the 406...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

coolisin wrote: »
    A bonnet, what the flip, you have to admire the determination because surly that could not have being easy to steal.

To be honest cian, if i were you i wouldnt be going near a soft top with that sort of carry on unless you get a hard top included in the sale.

On the home security front, my wifes gaurd dog just dropped during the week (pyrenean mountain dog).
    While it was a Friendly dog it was so big you would sh1t yourself if you saw it running at you, bearing its teeth, what she was actually doing was smiling to see you.
    When she was on her hind legs she was close to 6ft tall, weighing close to 8stone, took a couple of lads to lift her into the hole.
    Be strange being at the house with her not being there.

My drive way is set up so that it's be awkward to get at the car in my mam's spot, I'll definitely be looking for a hard top though.

Sorry to hear about the dog, I'd be in bits if I lost my doggy. :(

I won't name where I think you are so, but I'm not a million miles away from you!

Mini meet! :D
    Stheno wrote: »

The gremlins that have cursed your car have now invaded your pc :eek:

Are you buying that MX-5?

There's bloody gremlins everywhere.

Not now but I definitely am getting one, in a few months. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

That's the engine, not turning up the pump causing the smoke.... :o
    That croma :cool:

I wish I could save it! Alas I'll try get the engine from it, such a comfy car to be in :cool:

A proper image of it, too big to embed!
    Image407.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

SAVE IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Vrt alone would be 700, and its wrong hand drive!

CianRyan wrote: »
    SAVE IT!

I could see myself driving one like it if I could find one :cool:

I can't save it, ELV and all that jazz.... I couldn't believe it when I saw it first though, I hadn't seen one in years :D

Just thinking that it has a 2.5TD from an Iveco under the bonnet makes me want one even more! Even if it has about 125bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

RoverJames wrote: »
    Does it happen when you rev in neutral at standstill or only when moving?

Haven't tried it in neutral but I suspect it's the same, will check it tomorrow.

Cian: It seems to be for all gears.

Also check is it there only when rolling or is it there all the time once the engine is running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Foxhole Norman, it might be worth while throwing up a youtube of the noise. It might help narrow it down :)

Down to 3 alloy wheels already! Vead is knackered on one of the tyres, no time to put on a spare one at such short notice :mad:

I'll change that later today ;)

One wheel needs a refurb, it's almost white! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Went for a spin up Mount Leinster earlier, was hoping for more snow to see how the X-Trail performed in it, but no such luck. :(

20130224_122942_zpsb979e00c.jpg

Alas, there was the usual brigade of clowns in BMW's sitting at the bottom of a hill with the tiniest bit of snow on it wondering why they couldnt get up it. :pac:

Wow, my arse is in bits.... From sitting :pac:

700 miles racked up no problem :) wait, I completely lied, the ABS light is on, I'm guessing a sensor has given up. I'll have a look later :)

What a fun moment I had in Summerhill, approaching a corner, the back of the car completely went, black ice :eek: twas grand though, nice and smooth correction :) must have looked damn cool from the outside though! :p

In all seriousness, watch out for black ice, its chilly out :)

No snow infested roads in Wicklow either :mad:

For those on Facebook, if you have a few minutes drop over to our new page and give it the thumbs up.

We'll have plenty of pics and videos from both cars over the coming weeks and months.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/GxRRacing

Hopefully the mods won't have a problem with me posting this here, it's not for profit and just looking to get some support behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

For those on Facebook, if you have a few minutes drop over to our new page and give it the thumbs up.

We'll have plenty of pics and videos from both cars over the coming weeks and months.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/GxRRacing

Hopefully the mods won't have a problem with me posting this here, it's not for profit and just looking to get some support behind us.

Done and done. Best of luck with the car and the coming season. :)

• Advertisement

Is the x trail commercial?

Is the x trail commercial?

Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anyone have an idea of what was going on in Caragh today? Truck run and loads of classics about. Something on in Mondello?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Topgear have created an elderly persons car and christened it the RoverJames :D

BX 19 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of what was going on in Caragh today? Truck run and loads of classics about. Something on in Mondello?

I know the nifty fifty motorbike run was on there today, dunno about anything else though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

There was some massive Kenwood lorries going through aswell! And some V8 muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Couldnt stop Laughlin at that Rover James...

Couldnt stop Laughlin at that Rover James...

I'm watching it now, one of the better top gear episodes in a while!!

I'm struggling to believe that they called a beige rover look-a-like after our biggest rover expert here....

I'm watching it now, one of the better top gear episodes in a while!!

I'm struggling to believe that they called a beige rover look-a-like after our biggest rover expert here....

I thought it was hilarious, the little plaque they had for the James part especially :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Also check is it there only when rolling or is it there all the time once the engine is running.

Going to throw one up tomorrow, was away for the weekend without the car so didn't have the chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement