Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

did dgt just admit to having a fancy for a japanese car?

He did :eek:
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I've a couple of 'go to' threads that I always check on when I'm using my phone but I miss loads of stuff, even threads I've forgotten posting on without the email notifications.

Check posting history of self if you forget stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

did dgt just admit to having a fancy for a japanese car?

you must have had some money, even this weather i dont think you could buy a good one, tax and insure it with much change from 10-12k.

Sure I used to have an Impreza wagon when I was 18... NON SPOILER EDITION :eek::eek::eek:
    20653_104240142928776_168844_n.jpg
    20653_104240132928777_5885326_n.jpg

There's even a yellow Punto in the background :pac:

I loved that car, until it broke and broke my heart trying to find spares for it. Used it as a garden warrior before stripping it and scrapping it :( I would happily get another one, a wagon of course :D

Bygone days, money comes money goes. Spent most on cars, that much is evident :P

I always regret not getting another consaw, inch drive gun and that Audi A8.... Bah, someday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My first car as an elderly learner driver was a daihatsu charade, it was a great little beast :)

Stheno wrote: »
    My first car as an elderly learner driver was a daihatsu charade, it was a great little beast :)

My first car, which I still have, is part of my username ;)

dgt wrote: »

no idea :) My brain is on a go slow these days :)

My username is from Greek mythology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

anagram?

GT TDI LAD!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Care to spell it out for us :confused::confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i started out in a daihatsu cuore, great little thing it was :)

and that imprezza wagon truly is... a wagon of a yoke :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Some sort of diesel GT car?
    As wrong as that is. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

anagram?

Oh my good god :rolleyes: You absolute diesel fanboi ya!!! :P
    Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Care to spell it out for us :confused::confused::o

As far as I know, dgt is a code relating to Bravo vans or something like that much like E92 is a BMW chassis code.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, dgt is a code relating to Bravo vans or something like that much like E92 is a BMW chassis code.

There's a fiat tipo and tempra dgt too though

And he said only part of his user name.

At least mine is purely greek mythology

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Has sarcasm not reached ye yet in thurles? :p

Has sarcasm not reached ye yet in thurles? :p

No they are too busy cleaning :)

wrong-doings1.png

Bravo vans are no more than a brutalised car with van panels and a welded floor. Still hold the same 182xxx code throughout ;)
    anagram?

Ain't no party like a GTTDI party :pac::pac::pac:
    no idea :) My brain is on a go slow these days :)

My username is from Greek mythology

Well, I didn't know that, something to add to I learned something today :)

Fiat Tempra
    fiat-tempra-turbo-07.jpg

DGT
    fiat-tempra-tds-01.jpg

:)

Anyone remember these cars atall.....?

Fiat Tempra

Grief with the assistance of google I correctly found the answer :eek:

I remember the Tipo, but not the Tempra.

My parents had a lancia in the late 80s that was (iirc) very similar to the Tempra

Grief with the assistance of google I correctly found the answer :eek:

I remember the Tipo, but not the Tempra.

My parents had a lancia in the late 80s that was (iirc) very similar to the Tempra

A fair few Tempras back in the day. Apart from our ones, I haven't seen one on Irish roads in a long time. Plenty more Tipos indeed but they didn't appeal to me!

Lancia Dedra ;) Built on the Tempra floorpan aswell as the Alfa 155

A lot of interchangeable bits too. Like this Tempra with a 155 front :eek:
    we12.jpg

Fun with Italian cars :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm in college 5 days a week (supposed to be :D) and then work Saturday and Sunday and then one evening or morning shift during the week. I'm finding it tough enough going all right this year seeing as the workload has doubled easily since.

Still though, not having to cycle home in the rain makes it worth it. :pac:

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    dgt and Toyotafanboi how many hours are you in college a week?...........

When I was in college in 1st year I used to work 25 to 35 hours a week and had actual college 9 to 4/5pm four days a week, we used to finish at 2pm on a Friday iirc.

Only worked 17 hours/week in 2nd and 3rd year and didn't work at all in 4th year as where I worked shut down and I had a few quid saved.

I think it's well doable when your in your late teens/early 20s but as a mature student I wouldn't mix work and college, no motivation for me tbh and as I'm self employed I'd be paying for the fees myself. I couldn't spare any time at the weekend for college sh1te so it's a non runner.

Lancia Dedra ;) Built on the Tempra floorpan aswell as the Alfa 155

Fun with Italian cars :D:D:D
    I'm fairly sure that was it!

Bit of a story to it, I entered a competition to win a van (put me da's name on it though) then one day at breakfast, the da gets a letter telling him he'd won a van, twas like parents santa lol, they picked it up and traded it in for the Lancia, which served us well for many years :)

I of course profited from my illicit actions :D
    166man wrote: »
    I'm in college 5 days a week (supposed to be :D) and then work Saturday and Sunday and then one evening or morning shift during the week. I'm finding it tough enough going all right this year seeing as the workload has doubled easily since.

Still though, not having to cycle home in the rain makes it worth it. :pac:

Try working 40+ hours a week not including travelling/commuting, and add in a good twenty hours a week study, on top of that :)

It's tough, but short term and will so be worth it for me :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    When I was in college in 1st year I used to work 25 to 35 hours a week and had actual college 9 to 4/5pm four days a week, we used to finish at 2pm on a Friday iirc.

Only worked 17 hours/week in 2nd and 3rd year and didn't work at all in 4th year as where I worked shut down and I had a few quid saved.

I think it's well doable when your in your late teens/early 20s but as a mature student I wouldn't mix work and college, no motivation for me tbh and as I'm self employed I'd be paying for the fees myself. I couldn't spare any time at the weekend for college sh1te so it's a non runner.

can i be very cheeky james and ask what you do? simply for nosyness sake :P

• Advertisement

can i be very cheeky james and ask what you do? simply for nosyness sake :P

Ask away :)

Ask away :)

was just curious as to what you do for a living? as in is it motor related...

...... is it motor related...

Nope, used to work with boilers years back though, they're sort of like Rovers :pac:

OK, I'm guessing dgt has something to do with the digital dash??
    At least mine is purely greek mythology

Mine is purely German reality :D

but as a mature student I wouldn't mix work and college, no motivation for me tbh and as I'm self employed I'd be paying for the fees myself.

Agree with you 100% Working in IT it's a given that you have to keep certifications up to date, so it's almost "normal" to be doing so, in my company we've all sorts of different tech specialities, and regardless, if you are out having a fag and someone mentions they have to recertify etc, there's a fierce empathy as we all go through it regularly.

Kinda nice in a way as I mightn't have a bog about x,y or z, and they mightn't have a bog about my speciality, but we all feel the same pain!

I'm only doing this masters as I didn't do a primary degree and it's a hole in my c.v. sometimes (about 20% of the time) so I'm doing it to plug that gap and further improve my employment prospects.

It does fit with my current lifestyle as I've a lot of time to spare, but there are plenty of evenings and weekends where I limit or have no time for the OH as I need to study

Mine is purely German reality :D

Is that your man who
    cut off a lads willy, fried it and ate it with him, then stored the rest of his body for food after he died?
    I think I watched a show about him on discovery a few years back.

^^^
    If you're at all squeamish, don't read that.

You'll never guess where my name comes from. :p

CianRyan wrote: »
    Is that your man who
    cut off a lads willy, fried it and ate it with him, then stored the rest of his body for food after he died?
    I think I watched a show about him on discovery a few years back.

^^^
    If you're at all squeamish, don't read that.

You'll never guess where my name comes from. :p

That's him alright.

Makes me consider DAVE in an entirely new light :D

Yeah, I'll be hesitant to take any spins in the 335i now that I think about it. Haha

I have a habit of seeing names as symbols to recognise and not actually reading them, especially if they're foreign to me. Don't know how I missed that till now though. :eek:

Rammstein have a song about that guy and there's a quote at the start of that song with the word MetzgerMeister in it ;)

And Cian, who said you were getting in my car at all, let alone getting a spin? :P Doesn't your car have to pass its NCT before you'll be at a meet?! hahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Well on Monday I'm in (without a lunch break :eek:) from 9am to 8pm. Tuesday in 9-7, Wednesday 9-3, thursday 9-6 (but off at 1 every 4th week because of how the labs rotate :D) then friday is 9-12 so a nice lead into the weekend!
    By the time I do projects, lab reports etc after that my brain, for the most part, resembles mushy peas so I just dont have the energy to start working then :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement