Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man. What coolisin says, do something that you enjoy doing tonight

You're a similar age to myself I think, 23?

21man. Going playing soccer tonight, don't want to be a sob story but **** it's tough. I'm just praying she'll come back to me at some stage after she's had time alone like I did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Saw a new clio in work today

DSC_0113.jpg

Not very exciting.......
    But it had the strangest set of steelies ive ever seen.

DSC_0112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

21man. Going playing soccer tonight, don't want to be a sob story but **** it's tough. I'm just praying she'll come back to me at some stage after she's had time alone like I did

I'm going to get flamed for this but you need to listen to "I need a little time" by The Beautiful South, a major hit around the time you were born.....(don't watch the video though).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain I passed a Mini Paceman a couple of weeks ago.

It's a rather unusual looking creation

Unusual but effectively the Dakar rally winner. It's a bit like a 2 door Countryman. I think I am the demographic for the car - it is to me what a Mini would be to a normal sized person. (That being said, I'm not changing my current Mini and certainly not swapping the full fat RR for a Paceman.)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Marcusm wrote: »
    Unusual but effectively the Dakar rally winner. It's a bit like a 2 door Countryman. I think I am the demographic for the car - it is to me what a Mini would be to a normal sized person. (That being said, I'm not changing my current Mini and certainly not swapping the full fat RR for a Paceman.)

Maybe it was a Countryman, I'm fairly certain it had two doors (nothing badgewise on the back) and it was a much higher car than a normal mini.

@ pred do you work in one of those giant industrial complexes where you are better off in some cases driving if you need to get from one sector to another?

• Advertisement

Well, after 5years and 1break my girlfriend has decided to break up with me. Knew it was coming all week. Couldnt give a **** about any car in the world right now.
    Now I know I fully understand what love is

Feck, that's not good.

Most of us have been there at one time or other, it feels almost as bad a loved one passing away, very bad.

Day by day and all that, worst case scenario it wasn't meant to be and in time you'll see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Well, after 5years and 1break my girlfriend has decided to break up with me. Knew it was coming all week. Couldnt give a **** about any car in the world right now.

Ah no, sorry to hear that man. Not nice :(

Been there (my soppy posts last year for example) the best thing to do now is let it all out, get out there, talk about it. The more you talk, the better you will feel.

Break all contact, deprive yourself and her of each other. The first few days will be tough, no sugar coating it. It will play on your mind at random intervals and will drive you mad. But the pain will go away bit by bit over time.

Keep yourself busy, don't let the mind wander and all that. Perhaps buy a car and turn it into a track car/restore it/ fit a silly engine?

Were all here and all ears for when you need us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hope you're feeling alright, man. Couldn't imagine that happening.

Maybe it was a Countryman, I'm fairly certain it had two doors (nothing badgewise on the back) and it was a much higher car than a normal mini.

@ pred do you work in one of those giant industrial complexes where you are better off in some cases driving if you need to get from one sector to another?

I do Indeed, to get fro the factory floor to my (irish) boss's office is a 2 smoke walk:)

Its here btw
    http://www.altissemiconductor.com/en/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    I do Indeed, to get fro the factory floor to my (irish) boss's office is a 2 smoke walk:)

The photo reminded me of working in a similar complex, where to get from building 1 to building eight was a half hour walk, or a five minute drive.

I stupidly walked the first time I'd to go there, and on getting back to my desk discovered I'd lost my phone :( so I'd to walk the whole way over and back again (in heels :()

After that I drove

• Advertisement

The photo reminded me of working in a similar complex, where to get from building 1 to building eight was a half hour walk, or a five minute drive.

I stupidly walked the first time I'd to go there, and on getting back to my desk discovered I'd lost my phone :( so I'd to walk the whole way over and back again (in heels :()

After that I drove

The site is 55 hectares :eek: that'd be a big farm in the wesht!

Never had to do it in heels;) no wonder u have gammy knees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

My mother shattered her elbow 5 weeks ago and they had to put screws in it. But the doctor gave her the all clear to drive. So looks like I won't have to drive her around anymore. My dad had been driving her car for the last 5 weeks for work. So the minute she got into it she seen one spec of dirt on the drivers seat and spent the whole journey into town giving out about it. Funny thing is she never realised the 10k km extra on the clock in the less than five weeks my dad was driving it. Still I'm delighted for her she missed the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Not very exciting.......

DSC_0112.jpg

I'm liking those steelies, very manly.

@Ardennes,

Time to keep the head occupied, nothing worse than dwelling on it now. Go for a run/cycle/drive etc.

The site is 55 hectares :eek: that'd be a big farm in the wesht!

Never had to do it in heels;) no wonder u have gammy knees!

Yeah, the site I was on was about 80 hectares, just getting from the gate to the office was a fair drive.

@ BP I'm lolling at your mother not noticing the 10k :)

Saw a new clio in work today

DSC_0113.jpg

Not very exciting.......

DSC_0112.jpg

More pics of that 406 are needed :pac::pac::pac:

As for the steelies, the take a trim that resembles an alloy. Opel and Ford have been at it for years, cheaper to buy a trim and wheel than an alloy :)

1475132.jpg

If I went round taking pics of all the tidy 406's, fiats and xantias in the carpark, I'd be here all day:D

Theres a guy I meet on my way home every day and he's either driving a 2cv, an old ds or a traction.....all mint

There was a nice red 159 in today also, took a wander over........she was a felter:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I think those Clio wheels are actually a designed steelie. Not a trim on them, but they're not alloy either. They're just a fancy painted steelie....

They do look better but in all seriousness, all cars should come with alloys these days.

If I went round taking pics of all the tidy 406's, fiats and xantias in the carpark, I'd be here all day:D

Theres a guy I meet on my way home every day and he's either driving a 2cv, an old ds or a traction.....all mint

There was a nice red 159 in today also, took a wander over........she was a felter:eek:

Of the Mgherafelt district? Surely not :pac:

The French do modify cars in a.... Questionable manner :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

21??? You're only a young lad. Get yourself out there test driving everything :) You can do all that love stuff later in life

Thanks for the well wishes lads. We won the match at least. But I, who never drops anything, dropped my favourite watch and the face is smashed to bits! :( anyone ever get one repaired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Thanks for the well wishes lads. We won the match at least. But I, who never drops anything, dropped my favourite watch and the face is smashed to bits! :( anyone ever get one repaired?

Is it just the glass? Could be sent back to manufacturer but not sure how pricy that would be

Not your day is it?

I've had faces replaced on watches before, if you head over to the watches and timepieces forum they'll be able to recommend somewhere in Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

A jewellers can put new glass in most watches. I broke the glass before and the jeweller I bought it in put new glass in it. It wasn't even that expensive at the time but that was a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yeah it's devastating at the time, a pain a few months down the road and a footnote in a year's time. Keep yerself occupied and try your hardest to avoid contact with her (unless you have kids, of course).

............ anyone ever get one repaired?
    .......... they'll be able to recommend somewhere in Cork :)

When I was a young lad whenever I went into town with Mum we often used to call into a friend of hers whose husband was a watchmaker. They were a great laugh, he'd be working away on the watches and clocks and his wife used to mind the counter etc.

Just googled there, poor chap passed away in November :(

its a haas & cie vitesse $(KGrHqN,!k0FClQoqm9JBQ8Ij2wtq!~~60_35.JPG

ill ask there now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

That's a nice looking watch

That's gorgeous!

Thought you'd have some German sh1te as a watch :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

That watch looks more valuable than my car :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement