Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want a C6, after being in Paris I really want one.
    Or more so I want one of my parents to buy one so I can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hyundai and Kia cars were cheap when they were crap. Now that they're competing with a bigger market, the cars have more in them as standard so therefore they have to cost more.

That Mazda3 you'd get over an i30 wouldn't be as well spec'd as an i30.

EDIT: It's the Veloster you're talking about.
    As much as I was able to see specs are same. I think entry level of 3 us diesel and i30 1.4 petrol.

I checked more cars and the prices are equal to Hyundai or better and I would not call them with less equipment at all. I honestly don't think Hyundai is that much of a value anymore.

And yeah, veloster yoke. A 3 door small hatchback which will end up around 28k on the road. Surely 28k can get you a lot more.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I want a C6, after being in Paris I really want one.
    Or more so I want one of my parents to buy one so I can use it.
    I personally think that Citroen has a lovely range too now. Love the ds3 and I would take it over that hyundai too. Cheaper too!

I checked mini coopers and those start from 17k. .......

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

As much as I was able to see specs are same. I think entry level of 3 us diesel and i30 1.4 petrol.

I checked more cars and the prices are equal to Hyundai or better and I would not call them with less equipment at all. I honestly don't think Hyundai is that much of a value anymore.

And yeah, veloster yoke. A 3 door small hatchback which will end up around 28k on the road. Surely 28k can get you a lot more.

I think you're missing the point Shadow, they aren't really a value brand because they are as good if not better (i40) than much of the competition.

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »

I think you're missing the point Shadow, they aren't really a value brand because they are as good if not better (i40) than much of the competition.
    I am comparing i30 to Mazda 3. Not i40 to Mazda 3.

I would take Mazda over Hyundai any day of the week. Just because Hyundai got their shiet together surely does not make them instantly premium brand? ( not that Mazda is )
    What I see: Hyundai finally became a grown up boy by adding modern stuff, but increased prices to big boy level too. I would give my money to big boy who is in this whole game for years, then a new comer. If that makes any sense.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OSI wrote: »
    The veloster? I've had to beg my girlfriend not to buy one. I think they look ridiculous :o

Awful looking creations
    RoverJames wrote: »
    :eek:

I was trying to figure out how SH would fit in a Mini :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I would take Mazda over Hyundai any day of the week. Just because Hyundai got their shiet together surely does not make them instantly premium brand? ( not that Mazda is )
    What I see: Hyundai finally became a grown up boy by adding modern stuff, but increased prices to big boy level too. I would give my money to big boy who is in this whole game for years, then a new comer. If that makes any sense.

It's not like the Mazda 3 is some class leading yoke, I see it in the 'also ran' category, feels quite dated compared to other makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm comparing the i40 to it's competitors as my example of where Hyundai have drastically improved the car to match it's competition and as such charge higher prices.

They couldn't put all this investment into their cars and not charge higher prices obviously. I really like the i30 too and would have it or the Kia Ceed over the Mazda any day of the week.

Stheno wrote: »

Awful looking creations

You do remember I own mx5! The new mini is huge!

And for the record. I was made for comfort, not for speed!

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »

I'm comparing the i40 to it's competitors as my example of where Hyundai have drastically improved the car to match it's competition and as such charge higher prices.

They couldn't put all this investment into their cars and not charge higher prices obviously. I really like the i30 too and would have it or the Kia Ceed over the Mazda any day of the week.
    Its a matter of taste here, not value anymore. Where's Hyundai is roaring about value.
    i40 is s nice car, though I haven't checked its prices.

I would take Mazda 3 over i30 any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Any suggestions on what I should buy if I have to upgrade?

Budget 10k, year no less than 2007, min. four doors?

I reckon I'll be in a seriously boring car :(

Has to be a 159;) or a GT?

Your budget should easy get you what you want. My 08 was €8.5k over a year ago.

You cant join the fanbois (bmw) :eek:

I hope its not going to be silver:pac:

And lastly......how much for the GTV?:D

Ps if you want to try out a 159, you can borrow mine for a couple of days while Im away

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I would take Mazda 3 over i30 any day of the week.

That's because you have Mazda rose-tinted glass on, bloody fanboi! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    Has to be a 159;) or a GT?

Your budget should easy get you what you want. My 08 was €8.5k over a year ago.

You cant join the fanbois (bmw) :eek:

I hope its not going to be silver:pac:

And lastly......how much for the GTV?:D

Ps if you want to try out a 159, you can borrow mine for a couple of days while Im away

No GT it has to be four door :(

No silver either :eek:

GTV not worth much tbh :(

I'd prefer not to have to change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

You do remember I own mx5! The new mini is huge!

And for the record. I was made for comfort, not for speed!

If you were built for speed, you would need a spoiler;)

That's because you have Mazda rose-tinted glass on, bloody fanboi! :pac:
    Fudge off traitor! Go wash your silver yoke!

Is MM's beemer silver? :eek:

You know the reason he hates silver so much is because he misses his Mazda?
    It's also the reason he only buys black cars now, he feels like he needs to separate himself completely.

Silver :confused:

Silver :confused:

What ever it is. Silver, grey, silverfish grey? Same shiet :D. I still remember those horrible watermarks on it. Made me sick!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, if you think mini is bad for my fat arse, then I will entertain you with an idea, that I would LOVE fiat 500 and might get one in the future! :D

What ever it is. Silver, grey, silverfish grey? Same shiet :D. I still remember those horrible watermarks on it. Made me sick!

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Oh yeah, if you think mini is bad for my fat arse, then I will entertain you with an idea, that I would LOVE fiat 500 and might get one in the future! :D

Those fiat 500s are lovely, didn't Jeremy Clarkson fit in one? And he's got a massive gut

Silver is the only way to go :)

It's metallic grey and is darker than your tampon on wheels :P

I'll be back later when peace has been restored :)

Keep telling that to your self bud! It's stil silver in sober mind! :D

By the way lads, do you think we will e we see more of the scrapage deals in the future? Or it is gone forever as a bad dream?

By the way lads, do you think we will e we see more of the scrapage deals in the future? Or it is gone forever as a bad dream?

Gone for a few years I reckon.

Am starving and it's lunchtime :)

Gone for a few years I reckon.

Am starving and it's lunchtime :)

I am starving and don't care what time it is! Did not had anything proper t eat all day and I am up since 4!

Motor related: MMs Beemer is slow!

I am starving and don't care what time it is! Did not had anything proper t eat all day and I am up since 4!

Motor related: MMs Beemer is slow!

I'm missing this attitude a lot! :(
    I have to drop a whole bunch of weight to get my self out of the 95kg+ category for Sanshou, otherwise I'll be sure to get my ass handed to me in a few weeks. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Not sure how big ShadowHearth is but I'm 6'5" and 28 or so stone and have no problems with the Mini (normal sized one) at all. Fiat 500 is good too except for shoulder width - it tapers in and I found it wasn't a comfortable driving position as a consequence.

Maybe we should do a survey to see who has the highest height/weight:car size co efficient.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement