Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm missing this attitude a lot! :(
    I have to drop a whole bunch of weight to get my self out of the 95kg+ category for Sanshou, otherwise I'll be sure to get my ass handed to me in a few weeks. :eek:

Dont understand me wrong. I am classified as a Fat Bastard. Though If i am hungry, i am hungry.
    In fact last saturday, was the most depressing Saturday at work i ever had in my life. Wheres 3 Cooworkers ( male ) were talking about cholesterol and diets, how doctors warned SCARE the living shiet of them. It felt like i am not surrounded by Men, but surrounded by bunch of Pussies and old farts.
    Ironicly enough of the lads is really nice fella, but he does this "diets" every year and drop weight and then gets double amount later...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dont understand me wrong. I am classified as a Fat Bastard. Though If i am hungry, i am hungry.
    In fact last saturday, was the most depressing Saturday at work i ever had in my life. Wheres 3 Cooworkers ( male ) were talking about cholesterol and diets, how doctors warned SCARE the living shiet of them. It felt like i am not surrounded by Men, but surrounded by bunch of Pussies and old farts.
    Ironicly enough of the lads is really nice fella, but he does this "diets" every year and drop weight and then gets double amount later...

Even if he's a nice lad he sounds like a mammy . :p
    Crash diets are a waste of time if people yoyo like that, I'll have to keep my weight down once it drops to avoid getting kicked around.

But being a fat bastard too, it can be difficult not eating cakes and sweets! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

fiat 500s are still so expensive though, id love a 1.4 100bhp lounge version

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd some bizarre notion they were fairly cheap, how much is one?

I've eaten :) All is well with the world.

I still have to get the "Own at least once a brand new car" out of my system. And if i would do that, then 500 would be perfect. It is not as bad for a brand new car and by the looks of it, it still manages to keep its value damn well. and legandary: "low tax and insurance :pac:" goes with it too.
    Would love the white one. not going to happen soon though. :(

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    I'd some bizarre notion they were fairly cheap, how much is one?

I've eaten :) All is well with the world.

Listen as 13-16k eu. so i guess you could get nice speced in the biddle for around 16k eu? I know its a lot of money, but if you can trade in your car, throw few grand yourself, then the rest of the finance does not look too grim.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Listen as 13-16k eu. so i guess you could get nice speced in the biddle for around 16k eu? I know its a lot of money, but if you can trade in your car, throw few grand yourself, then the rest of the finance does not look too grim.

That's not too bad, I thought they were about that.

Not going to be getting one anytime soon though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i also wouldnt mind a nicely specced punto evo but they ae also rare and expensive as hell compared to grand puntos a year older!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

4-door hatches are out are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

13950€ will put you in a pre reged 1.2 Pop with lots of extras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone owned a 2001-2003 Volvo S80 2L? Having problems finding a comprehensive buyer's guide for them. Either they have very few issues or something odd is going on.

Confab wrote: »
    Anyone owned a 2001-2003 Volvo S80 2L? .........

A buddy has an S60 of that age, got it free off his father in law 3 years ago, needed a turbo and had a decent lash of miles on it.

Got it back on the road and it's rolling away nicely since, 20mpg average he says, his wife uses it mainly, they live a few miles outside Cork City so she does 10k miles/annum so a bit more than just pootling about.

RoverJames wrote: »
    A buddy has an S60 of that age, got it free off his father in law 3 years ago, needed a turbo and had a decent lash of miles on it.

Got it back on the road and it's rolling away nicely since, 20mpg average he says, his wife uses it mainly, they live a few miles outside Cork City so she does 10k miles/annum so a bit more than just pootling about.

That's appalling MPG for a 5 cyl 2L. Auto or manual? Christ, a GS300 of the same year would do better than that.

Damn 20mpg sounds like very bad figure! Aren't those low pressure turbos?

I think my heavy AWD 2.0 has a small bit better mpg!

Confab wrote: »
    That's appalling MPG for a 5 cyl 2L. Auto or manual? Christ, a GS300 of the same year would do better than that.

Dunno tbh, Zt often did less, the 520i I had wasn't much better. Mpg figures on here often amaze me.

Dunno tbh, Zt often did less, the 520i I had wasn't much better. Mpg figures on here often amaze me.

I got 30mpg on a manual 1.8 around Dublin suburbs and 38 on a run. And I thought I had a heavy right foot! Spiritmonitor. de is showing 29mpg average for the auto 2L S80.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I can get 10.9 L/100km (26MPG) with absolutely minimal effort in my commute on my 740i. Small engines suck..!
    20mpg is what the 850CSi aspires to, but its an archaic 5.6l V12. Getting that in a 2.0 or less, whats the point in having the small engine then?

...... Take it up with Volvo lads, I couldn't give a f*ck tbh :D
    It being 2/3s the mpg figiure of a 4 cyl 1.8 doesn't sound out of the way to me.

When's your new car due RJ?

Delivering the Zt to New owner tonight and collecting the new yoke in the morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

What I was getting when I was doing mostly rush hour traffic both ways and small trips for the month of January in the MR2...thankfully my work hours are now outside the busy periods.

........still beats the smelly bus though :P
    Enter Mileage and Fuel used since last fill-up:

Distance covered: 187 miles
    Litres of fuel used : 43 litres

Consumption: 19.77 Miles per Gallon
    14.29 Litres per 100km
    7 Kilometres per litre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I use to have a 2003 s60, but would have got high 20s, low 30s out of it. 20mpg seems like a problem

I use to have a 2003 s60, but would have got high 20s, low 30s out of it. 20mpg seems like a problem

.... Or different driving conditions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

What I was getting when I was doing mostly rush hour traffic both ways and small trips for the month of January in the MR2...thankfully my work hours are now outside the busy periods.

........still beats the smelly bus though :P

:eek:

That's worse than the ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Could be but I wouldn't be the most economical driver. Though I wasn't doing any urban driving

Could be but I wouldn't be the most economical driver. Though I wasn't doing any urban driving

That would be a factor alright, to be fair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Ordered the intercooler pipe for my focus today got the ford garage down to 80 including vat. Still and absolute rob for a piece of rubber hose but there is no such thing as a spurious one as they can only be bought of ford. Every scrap yard in the country didnt seem to have the part. Many said the minute a focus comes in there is a que of people waiting to take parts of it. So the car will be getting a clean service and the new pipe planning on doing it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

dar83 wrote: »
    :eek:

That's worse than the ST.

She normally sits at 25 - 30mpg and that's with hard driving :cool:

Every second day I moved about 40 metres in 30 minutes getting out of the place!...better still she got significantly less MPG on the maxol petrol!

She normally sits at 25 - 30mpg and that's with hard driving :cool:.............

Over 7000 miles of mainly urban driving my 3SGE engined celica returned 22.5 mpg :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I really want a Soarer/SC :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement