Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

RoverJames wrote: »
    Over 7000 miles of mainly urban driving my 3SGE engined celica returned 22.5 mpg :)

Probably right on the money with that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

In Charles de Gaul airport (again) just had me tea, looking forward to being re-united with my bella.

Terraclean guys are coming in the morning.:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    In Charles de Gaul airport (again) just had me tea, looking forward to being re-united with my bella.

Terraclean guys are coming in the morning.:D

Have a safe trip.

Must read the Terraclean thread see what people think who've had it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I don't care what you're a fanboi of, THIS is one sexy motor!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's gorgeous :D Kinda like the gtv cup back in the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Absolutely loving it. Mazda MX5 owners, eat your hearts out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

50k is a hefty price though! Extremely lightweight though!

Only 1,000 being produced :(

Looking forward to their new car they are developing with Mazda :)

It's in the same class as Lotus so the price is about right. Sadly, the 4C won't hold its value anywhere near as well as a Lotus regardless of the limited number being produced!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The car in the ad beside it is much better :D

• Advertisement

It's in the same class as Lotus so the price is about right. Sadly, the 4C won't hold its value anywhere near as well as a Lotus regardless of the limited number being produced!

How can you tell it won't hold it's value?

166man wrote: »
    How can you tell it won't hold it's value?

Oh lord, here we go :rolleyes:

Oh lord, here we go :rolleyes:

:D What's that? I'm purely interested to hear why they won't hold their value?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Was behind a nice 07 335i with a dent on the back while leading a lorry full of furniture behind me to a storehouse today, sounded damn nice :)

Thought might have been MM but colour was different

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It's missing one of these

$(KGrHqNHJBEE63St9KUuBO3jPJfN7!~~60_35.JPG

It's a little badge they stick on the wrong, i hear if you opt for the Toyota badge transplant your car never goes below €4000 ever

Limited fanboi/chick base, hangover bad rep of alfa, doubtless some tech glitches that will arise.

In the UK some dealers have gtv cups in storage rather than sell them as they have gone so low in price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Stheno wrote: »
    Only 1,000 being produced :(

My reading of that was that there is going to be 1,000 special "Launch Editions" made alongside the base version. I could be very wrong though.

Absolutely gorgeous looking car though.

Limited fanboi/chick base, hangover bad rep of alfa, doubtless some tech glitches that will arise.

In the UK some dealers have gtv cups in storage rather than sell them as they have gone so low in price now.

I doubt it's limited tbh. It's a light, good looking fast RWD sports car. What's not to like? They will depreciate for sure but I doubt by anymore thank it's nearest rival, the Toyota GT86.

My reading of that was that there is going to be 1,000 special "Launch Editions" made alongside the base version. I could be very wrong though.

Absolutely gorgeous looking car though.

I reckon it will be 1000, the car they are developing with Mazda is what will be the retail version, could well be wrong though :)

You found the source of that nasty noise in the Yaris yet?

• Advertisement

This.

The 8C's value dropped like a fat chick leppin' into a swimming pool filled with chocolate :pac:

I doubt it's limited tbh. It's a light, good looking fast RWD sports car. What's not to like? They will depreciate for sure but I doubt by anymore thank it's nearest rival, the Toyota GT86.

I beg to disagree, you can pick up a 2000 gtv when they come on the market for pretty much half what you can pick up a Celica for.

Alfa has a very limited market, they don't even sell in the US FFS!, a long and relatively recent history of unreliability, and for the average man on the street, are something to avoid.

Doesn't matter how fast, sexy, good looking, guaranteed to pull the wimmins it is, it's an alfa, so factor in double the depreciation.

And as you know I'm an alfa fan.

I bought my gtv for less than 800 quid needing work, you'd not have gotten near e.g. a Celica needing the same work for less than twice that. The bloke I bought it from was selling it for six months.

This.

The 8C's value dropped like a fat chick leppin' into a swimming pool filled with chocolate :pac:

Less of the fattist, sexist comments there brat :pac:

Was behind a nice 07 335i with a dent on the back while leading a lorry full of furniture behind me to a storehouse today, sounded damn nice :)

Thought might have been MM but colour was different

Nope, not me! I have 3 little dents on the car but nothing on the back!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

240HP and 900KG it will go like stink!

Can't wait to pick one up for €9k in 4 years :pac:

I have 2-3 small ones on upper part of my doors that were on it when i bough t it. Went to a local place that says they specialize in PDR and they were on about filler and then painting it, i drove off and never looked back :p

upper half of both doors and back bumper gonna need repray in the summer but the paint match has me sweating :(

On a plus note im dropping my wheels in for powdercoating at the weekend yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I reckon it will be 1000, the car they are developing with Mazda is what will be the retail version, could well be wrong though :)

You found the source of that nasty noise in the Yaris yet?

The problem is that it will have the cost base of a baby Maser rather than an Alfa. Lots of folk will not shell out £50k in the UK (let alone what it might cost in Ireland or elsewhere with high reg taxes) for a small engine turbo'd 4 pot. I think they're wrong, see the lightweight as part of the attraction as it's fairly low powered in gross terms but good power to weight ratio. It looks fantastic as an Alfa but if it was marketed as a baby Maser, I bet it'd get better sales.

You have dents :eek:
    conzy wrote: »
    240HP and 900KG it will go like stink!

Can't wait to pick one up for €9k in 4 years :pac:

Heehee I thought the same :D
    Marcusm wrote: »
    The problem is that it will have the cost base of a baby Maser rather than an Alfa. Lots of folk will not shell out £50k in the UK (let alone what it might cost in Ireland or elsewhere with high reg taxes) for a small engine turbo'd 4 pot. I think they're wrong, see the lightweight as part of the attraction as it's fairly low powered in gross terms but good power to weight ratio. It looks fantastic as an Alfa but if it was marketed as a baby Maser, I bet it'd get better sales.

Never come across Maser, is that shorthand for Maserati?

'Scuse my ignorance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Never come across Maser, is that shorthand for Maserati?

'Scuse my ignorance :)

Sorry, it is short for Maserati. The 4C is being built in the Maserati Modena plant.

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    Sorry, it is short for Maserati. The 4C is being built in the Maserati Modena plant.

Jaypers, real correlation with the gtv, it was marketed as the poor mans ferrari

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement