Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Stheno wrote: »

You found the source of that nasty noise in the Yaris yet?

Not yet, I have been onto BubbleWrap through PM's and he seems to think it's the Alternator belt or the Power Steering belt. It will be getting looked at soon as it has its NCT on the 15th May. No other problems with it so far thankfully, if the noise can be counted as a problem as my Dad heard it on another Yaris so he thinks it could just be the way the engine gets over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You're trolling, right???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

You're trolling, right???

Of course :D. I know it's a problem, my dad doesn't think much of it, probably due to it once being his friends car :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have 2-3 small ones on upper part of my doors that were on it when i bough t it. Went to a local place that says they specialize in PDR and they were on about filler and then painting it, i drove off and never looked back :p

upper half of both doors and back bumper gonna need repray in the summer but the paint match has me sweating :(

On a plus note im dropping my wheels in for powdercoating at the weekend yay :D

All mine were there too when I bought it.

What colour are you gonna get the wheels done?

If you have a D/A you possibly needn't worry so much about the colour match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm going to be bold and hope the mods don't see this post but can I ask all of you to have a look and like/share our facebook page please :)

http://www.facebook.com/GxRRacing?fref=ts

It seems we've added a 3rd car to the team and we'll be running a car across the 3 classes of ITCC. I might send a mail to Flavio Briatore and see if he's free to run the team along with Quazzie, who is our team manager :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Jaypers, real correlation with the gtv, it was marketed as the poor mans ferrari

And it is/was beautiful as well; I nearly bought a Spider last year so have some appreciation. Problem is, a £50k is not a poor man's anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Before they changed carzone a year or so back there was a tab called recently added. It made looking through it for new stuff a lot easier. I don't suppose anyone would have the address of it bookmarked by any chance if it still works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Yaaaay my pipe has arrived!

Hopefully back to dieselness late tomorrow evening :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Got the terraclean done this morning.

Best 100 quid ive spent in a long time:D

Engine is much smoother and quieter, no more lumpy idle.
    And the revs definately pick up quicker.

I'm going to be doing about 100 miles tomorrow, about half will be on roads where I can really let rip ;) so no mpg figures :P ill report again tomorrow.

Thanks a million MM for setting this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Before they changed carzone a year or so back there was a tab called recently added. It made looking through it for new stuff a lot easier. I don't suppose anyone would have the address of it bookmarked by any chance if it still works?

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&sortby=MakeAsc&maxrows=100&GroupID=738&InsertPeriod=1&ResultFormat=extended

change insertPeriod from 1 to however many days in the past you want to look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Here you go :)

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/added-recently

Just what I needed lads, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

pred racer wrote: »
    Got the terraclean done this morning.

Best 100 quid ive spent in a long time:D

Engine is much smoother and quieter, no more lumpy idle.
    And the revs definately pick up quicker.

I'm going to be doing about 100 miles tomorrow, about half will be on roads where I can really let rip ;) so no mpg figures :P ill report again tomorrow.

Thanks a million MM for setting this up!

getting the volvo serviced soon with bit of work going into it. is it worth doing a terra clean on a 2L turbo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

getting the volvo serviced soon with bit of work going into it. is it worth doing a terra clean on a 2L turbo ?

If my car is anything to go by, yes its worth it!

I will say though, the engine in my yoke is well known for getting coked up in the egr/dpf, also rough idle seems common. The terraclean has made it much smoother.

Not sure how much other cars will benifit.

If I get time ill whip off the egr on mine on mon, see what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

pred racer wrote: »

If my car is anything to go by, yes its worth it!

I will say though, the engine in my yoke is well known for getting coked up in the egr/dpf, also rough idle seems common. The terraclean has made it much smoother.

Not sure how much other cars will benifit.

If I get time ill whip off the egr on mine on mon, see what it looks like.

look forward to it.

will look into this further for my yoke. thanks for that !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lads, I know this is a bit ot, but I've an important interview tomorrow, and am looking for a few good wishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Passenger side light and drivers dipped light gone because **** YOU CAR!!
    Might as well get those wipers while I'm at it... And I was being good saving for a new CV joint.

Lads, I know this is a bit ot, but I've an important interview tomorrow, and am looking for a few good wishes?

GOOD LUCK! :D
    May you be the opposite of me. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    GOOD LUCK! :D
    May you be the opposite of me. :p

It's my FIFTH for the same job, if I am rejected at this stage, I'll never be seen here again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Advertisement

The very best of luck :)
    Don't forget to ask them stuff too, its not all about what you are going to do for them :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    The very best of luck :)
    Don't forget to ask them stuff too, its not all about what you are going to do for them :D

I never know what to ask.
    I feel like a dope when I have nothing to ask too, I hope it doesn't come across.

I never know what to ask.
    I feel like a dope when I have nothing to ask too, I hope it doesn't come across.

What do ye do to differentiate company from competitors bla bla bla.... :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    What do ye do to differentiate company from competitors bla bla bla.... :D

Hardly works in café's and restaurants. :p
    I guess I could about the environment and attitude in the place, just to ask something.

Hardly works in café's and restaurants. :p.................

Course it does :)
    They don't just open their doors and serve the same sh1t as every other cafe or restaurant nearby, at least they won't admit it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Wishes and Get The Vocation (geddit) to Stheno.

Just came up in my youtube feed that a certain someone liked this video.

Flety felty shame. :p

Passenger side light and drivers dipped light gone because **** YOU CAR!!

Tenner should cover you on bulbs. No biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Best of luck Stheno. At least you've had the practice. Made a balls of my last interview, was outta practice at them. Drove 90 mins with the car like a fridge so I wouldn't be a ball of sweat in interview and spent the whole interview shivering and jittery like someone ten times as nervous as I was :-(
    Go for it, you're obviously good enough to do it, give it your best shot and hope you are the best on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good luck Stheno. Give them HELL!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement