Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Lads, I know this is a bit ot, but I've an important interview tomorrow, and am looking for a few good wishes?

No bother to ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope interview went well Stheno :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

All I can say is......thank Christ it's Friday!!

Been a long week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Hey Stheno

Just remember, when someone hires you, they hire a person, not a cv or a skillset. Make sure they see the person behind the cv and it will make you pretty hard to turn away. There are far too many walking talking cvs in suits in the country. Wear your suit, have your cv to hand, but be a person. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

http://www.epmooney.ie/used-cars/07KE1754/Honda/Civic/2007/Red/

well there it is. in the hands of mooneys. my own civic 07KE1754

I paid less for that car two years ago

but the cd player, front left elec mirror, and rear axle are all broken, it doesnt have front fogs either !

thing has being crashed about 3 times and both sides of the car resprayed. underbody being held on with cable ties and the front bumper and grill held together with cable ties too.

the engine is knackered, funny before I even owned it it was wrecked cos appearently someone used the wrong oil or something or possibly missed a service, lots of clicking noises

racing around delivery pizza for neaely a year didnt help the car either for engine and other bits,

suspension making plenty o squeaks too

the thing has had plenty of food and smells stained into the fabrics also.

car has also being taken off road once or twice.

now hopefully anyone who thinks of buying my old car will search the reg and find this post !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

http://www.epmooney.ie/used-cars/07KE1754/Honda/Civic/2007/Red/

well there it is. in the hands of mooneys. my own civic 07KE1754

I paid less for that car two years ago

but the cd player, front left elec mirror, and rear axle are all broken, it doesnt have front fogs either !

thing has being crashed about 3 times and both sides of the car resprayed. underbody being held on with cable ties and the front bumper and grill held together with cable ties too.

the engine is knackered, funny before I even owned it it was wrecked cos appearently someone used the wrong oil or something or possibly missed a service, lots of clicking noises

the thing has had plenty of food and smells stained into the fabrics also.

car has also being taken off road once or twice.

now hopefully anyone who thinks of buying my old car will search the reg and find this post !

And the person who knowingly sold it on in that condition. I hope for your own sake that the garage didn't answer any of the above questions to which you answered differently!!!

And the person who knowingly sold it on in that condition. I hope for your own sake that the garage didn't answer any of the above questions to which you answered differently!!!

they asked me was it crashed. I said yes and they asked what was replaced.

told them front bumper, grill and headlight unit done under insurance which is exactly how it is.

other than that he asked me 50 times is it on finace and its not.

they asked me was it crashed. I said yes and they asked what was replaced.

told them front bumper, grill and headlight unit done under insurance which is exactly how it is.

other than that he asked me 50 times is it on finace and its not.

Private sale so buyer beware I suppose.

So long as they didn't make you sign anything regarding not knowing of any issues.

Private sale so buyer beware I suppose.

So long as they didn't make you sign anything regarding not knowing of any issues.

just the log book and the transfer slip for the car itself and they gave me a receipt of the purchase was all. but I did answer what he asked and not lied about it regardless of garage or private sale.

the point of that post was to point out issues with the car if someone did a search on the reg number. so it wouldn't be so much buyer beware but the info is there.

............... and rear axle are all broken,.............

Rear axle? Surely there isn't one?
    just the log book and the transfer slip for the car itself and they gave me a receipt of the purchase was all. but I did answer what he asked and not lied about it regardless of garage or private sale.

Did they pay you decent money ?

Can't really fathom why any garage would retail something that's fecked.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »

Rear axle? Surely there isn't one?

Did they pay you decent money ?

Can't really fathom why any garage would retail something that's fecked.

the H beam is what I refer to there, very simply the rear wheel alignment is well off and getting worse on both sides and honda abd other garage put it to the h beam being bent being the most likely problem.. or if it isint that then worse.

I was happy with what I got since I paid near 9 two years ago and hab it for sale for near 7500 and got 7 for it cos I told the sales guy more than that.

............ got 7 for it cos I told the sales guy more than that.

Fair play, decent deal for you :)

That sales guy who took it off you is either a blatant crook or a pure numpty. If they sort the car out they'll make nothing on it (potentially a loss if they offer a comprehensive warranty) and if they don't sort it out they quite simply shouldn't be selling it imo :)

It sounds thoroughly w@nked.

Fair play, decent deal for you :)

That sales guy who took it off you is either a blatant crook or a pure numpty. If they sort the car out they'll make nothing on it (potentially a loss if they offer a comprehensive warranty) and if they don't sort it out they quite simply shouldn't be selling it imo :)

It sounds thoroughly w@nked.

thats why I wanted to shift it to a garage like that because they would give warranty and all so I wouldnt potentially screw a private buyer over with no come back.

id say your man was a bit stupid and thought he could make a quick buck on it giving the car it was. but yeah he was an idiot for not asking all the right questions. it took about 10 mins for him to drive it and look at it and say he'll take it type thing.

thats why I wanted to shift it to a garage like that because they would give warranty and all so I wouldnt potentially screw a private buyer over with no come back.

That's why you were advertising it on adverts then I suppose:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

id say your man was a bit stupid and thought he could make a quick buck on it giving the car it was. but yeah he was an idiot for not asking all the right questions. it took about 10 mins for him to drive it and look at it and say he'll take it type thing.

Funny how you never mentioned any of the problems in your own ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Paracetamol and coffee.

That should see me through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

LOL! :D

Like you gave a fvck about the buyer! ;)

That's why you were advertising it on adverts then I suppose:rolleyes:

ah sure no one buys anything on adverts, buyers are safe enough there :pac:

I got some lovely magic beans for an iPhone. I'm going to be rich:cool:

........ it took about 10 mins for him to drive it and look at it and say he'll take it type thing.

Just out of pure nosiness did he responf to your add or did you approach them about them buying it?

Still can't quite get my head around a garage buying in a 2007 civic for €7k, madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I sold a car there myself last year, it's ok for cheaper ****e

I would've felt guilty selling privately tbh... I went to two or three different garages with my car to sell it instead of adverts.

I saw the sign on both ep mooney and koping volvo and approached both of them with the car to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tenner should cover you on bulbs. No biggie.

Ah it's cheap yeah but a pain the hole to change.
    Think I have some bulbs knocking around anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Paracetamol and coffee.

That should see me through the day.

Gets me through most of em tbh.

I had a physio visit today, I might be finally getting to the root of my shoulder/neck problems (thank fook) needles and muscle pressure points today.

I feel like a bus hit me right now. 20 yrs of rugby 10 yrs of motocross including 1 crushed vertebrae, and 2 seasons of wakeboarding.......gotta pay the piper sometime I suppose;)

On a motoring note the l/100 km has defo gone down since the terraclean my average today over 3hrs driving( no motorway) was 5.7, i dont think Ive ever seen below 6 for a decent run before! (I wasnt going handy either:P)
    Engine is smoother and alot quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

think i just bagged a TOM's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOM'S) front bumper for the glanza :) in my opinion a "historical" part so not really a tasteless mod.

hopefully be looking like this shortly, but with my spots and reg plate fitted
    edit : picking it up sunday, then realistically a fortnight before i get it painted (professionally), probably fit it myself on the mid term break.

i5no6u.jpg

TOMS Supra. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

not my cuppa tbh. Especially as yours is so clean and original, make sure you keep the old one so you can revert to original if you want to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

CianRyan wrote: »
    TOMS Supra. <3

ah the glanza's where its at :)

have a TRD and a TOM's part now, so only a matter of time until its stolen :pac: :p
    Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    not my cuppa tbh. Especially as yours is so clean and original, make sure you keep the old one so you can revert to original if you want to. :)

thats my fear too. im not worried though, i'm usually ruthless with myself and if it looks cack i'l have no hassle switching back (im definitely keeping my original). i think fitting the original front spot lights and a reg plate will tame it a lot, but if not it probably wont be hard sold on again :)

Ugh, joke as you may car theft has rocketed this year. :(
    First mod when my next car comes is a good Alarm.

• Advertisement

Order form for the new car, think that should cover the extras:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement