Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Stheno wrote: »
    Lads, I know this is a bit ot, but I've an important interview tomorrow, and am looking for a few good wishes?

I hope this went well stheno.

In personal news, I got a payrise in work yesterday which will pay for my next bangernomic :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I hope this went well stheno.

In personal news, I got a payrise in work yesterday which will pay for my next bangernomic :pac:

Congratulations :)

Seemed to go ok :) thanks for all the good wishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

OSI wrote: »
    Finally watching last weeks Top Gear. Loving the 850R. Learned to drive in one of those bad boys :cool:

I just watched it there too :D

Loved the 850r but can't find any for sale :( Talk about a sleeper though:cool:

......... i think fitting the original front spot lights and a reg plate will tame it a lot, but if not it probably wont be hard sold on again :)

Do you have sideskirts at the moment?
    If so it should look :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

RoverJames wrote: »
    Do you have sideskirts at the moment?
    If so it should look :cool:

I have the same side skirts as the ones in the photo i posted :) lets hope its no fashon disaster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

850R my cars grandaddy who refuses to accept his offspring from a lower social standing hehe :p

Emission regs perhaps?

OSI wrote: »
    That's something I didn't understand about the ST. The 5 pot turbo is a descendant of the Volvo model, yeah? But after 10 years it managed to gain 200cc but lose 25bhp. Why???? :confused:

Detuned for emissions and to bring down cost. Look at the RS which has pretty much the same powerplant as the S60R. Fact is it's an old engine and it runs better w/o a cat and will sit happily @ 320bhp.

ST is limited to around 340 before you need forged pistons/upgraded fuel pump/oil cooler and a bigger turbo and w/o them raising boost too high above 1 bar wouldn't be a good idea, so a mixture of cost saving and emissions really hence in standard guise it's apparent poor bhp/litre ratio and some would say sluggish nature. If you can call a 150mph Ford Focus sluggish :p

Big part of why they are such a tunable car and why so many do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Welcome back erratic rev counter! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Rant:

Went up to my folks gaff earlier to pick up the Da's Mondeo and fit handbrake cable. Dense fog up there and came across plenty of dense ****ers jogging and cycling up there too, not a light between them and only one or two with high-vis vests. Actually saw one muppet get clipped by a jeep. Was the drivers fault of course and the cyclist didn't look hurt but if the mallet head had stayed down off the mountain in the first place it wouldn't have happened at all.

Thick cvnts! :mad:

/rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Went into a local car park last week and got 2 token chips by mistake,i kept one and plan to check it periodically everytime i reuse the car park for the craic,my ultimate aim is to be in the queue for the pay machine and someone drops their chip,i will of course bend down to pick it up for them and give them my one instead....for the craic :D

Anyway latest total...

parking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Rant:

Went up to my folks gaff earlier to pick up the Da's Mondeo and fit handbrake cable. Dense fog up there and came across plenty of dense ****ers jogging and cycling up there too, not a light between them and only one or two with high-vis vests. Actually saw one muppet get clipped by a jeep. Was the drivers fault of course and the cyclist didn't look hurt but if the mallet head had stayed down off the mountain in the first place it wouldn't have happened at all.

Thick cvnts! :mad:

/rant.

Nothing wrong with being up there, with out lights and hi-vis gear is what makes them thick cuhnts.

The fog around here hasn't lifted for days but I swear I've seen less fog lights over the last few days. :confused:

My poor car sounds absolutely awful! It sounds so rough, knackered injector pump, lumpy idle...... :(

Feckin wastegate has stuck open too!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

dgt wrote: »
    My poor car sounds absolutely awful! It sounds so rough, knackered injector pump, lumpy idle...... :(

SCRAP IT

ba_barabus wrote: »
    SCRAP IT

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »

You attract mechanical failure like no one else I have ever come across!!!! how do you do it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Got my new tyre put on my wheel today in Dundalk, watched him put it on, rolled it out to me and I said "thats it balanced too?". "Oh, you want it balanced?".

Seriously, does anyone run a decent tyre place in Dundalk?

I will post a pic at some stage of the balance job done on one of my front wheels by a place, they must have 50 of the little weights on the alloy and they are on the outside facing bit between the spokes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Is it an aftermarket wheel? Some of them can be a bitch to balance.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    You attract mechanical failure like no one else I have ever come across!!!! how do you do it? :p

Gah this is what I get for rootin with cheap stuff.... I like putting right what is broke. I'll see if I can get that awful wastegate noise out of it to begin with!

I don't understand why KKK used an internal wastegate anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I've just taken my mothers newly picked up Yeti 1.2 for a drive.

I'm very surprised by how fast the little bugger is. Genuinely surprised. Very nice

ba_barabus wrote: »
    ........mo.thers newly picked up Yeti .....
    ....e

She has two of them now so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Made this after seeing yet another one on Donedeal.

69293_10152648493655176_752339773_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That the one you owned? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I saw this Tesla Roadster pulled in at an odd place near UCC yesterday and just heard that it's still there now! Something must have happened it! Very surprised they didn't get it towed/trucked away if it isn't functioning. I'd wonder if it's related to the state of the roads around there at the minute, it is a very low car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That the one you owned? :)

Nope, but ad description is awesome.

"no nst.car looking good body perfect ingien briliant !"

Redisle wrote: »
    I saw this Tesla Roadster pulled in at an odd place near UCC yesterday ..................

On footpath ? Think I saw it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

On footpath ? Think I saw it too.

Yeah. Across from the fine gael office there!

Was kind of thinking that massive pothole / road disintegration on highfield ave might have played a part! When I passed last night there was a few people standing around it.

• Advertisement

Same one I saw so :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement