Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

RoverJames wrote: »
    Same one I saw so :pac:

lol I guess that wouldn't be hard! It's quite possibly the only one in the country after all.

Heh, I guess you no longer really need to worry about the state of the roads either :pac:

Redisle wrote: »

Heh, I guess you no longer really need to worry about the state of the roads either :pac:

True :(

The ZT was decent at soaking up road issues too though for a yoke on 18s, bits of college road are fairly bad lately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Made this after seeing yet another one on Donedeal.

69293_10152648493655176_752339773_n.jpg

Immigrating is a good reason to need a car in the country in which you are selling your own....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

RoverJames wrote: »
    True :(

The ZT was decent at soaking up road issues too though for a yoke on 18s, bits of college road are fairly bad lately though.

Fairly bad? They're shocking! From your house to daybreak is a mess!

Yeah I actually wince every time I see a car go over that huge crater half way down highfield ave. I'm just using the next hill over to go up/down if I'm in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The roads around daybreak are terrible. I go to college in Ucc. And the hill up beside daybreak there is chunks gone out of the road don't know whether there fixed yet or not. I wouldn't like to hit one at reasonable speed you'd do fair damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

does anybody think keith lemon is actually funny or just a disgusting excuse for a man.

Yeah I actually wince every time I see a car go over that huge crater half way down highfield ave. I'm just using the next hill over to go up/down if I'm in the area.
    Bpmull wrote: »
    The roads around daybreak are terrible. I go to college in Ucc. And the hill up beside daybreak there is chunks gone out of the road don't know whether there fixed yet or not. I wouldn't like to hit one at reasonable speed you'd do fair damage.

Coming up that hill I take the huge crater on the footpath side, just enough road there to avoid the crater but you are mm's from the footpath, if not nearer.

Sure the Astra and the 156 don't go that close to UCC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

does anybody think keith lemon is actually funny or just a disgusting excuse for a man.

He's a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

There's a thread to post pictures of potholes and crap roads in... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

dgt wrote: »
    There's a thread to post pictures of potholes and crap roads in... ;)

I must put a picture in that thread next week if the huge potholes are still there on the hill. I pass by it everyday walking to college I live so near the college it's easier to walk avoids all the trafic and lack of parking it means I should get a decent picture of them :).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are these roads around Bons Secours? They were hateful in the last six months of last year if so.

Finally got the alfa back up and running, it's now the car of choice to drive in the house :) Is great to have it back up on the go :)

No new car, keeping the GTV?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    No new car, keeping the GTV?

Ah that's dependant on the job situation, in some jobs if you get a car allowance they have stooopid rules about the car you can drive :)

So for now it's the GTV, it's fun :D

I must put a picture in that thread next week if the huge potholes are still there on the hill. I pass by it everyday walking to college I live so near the college it's easier to walk avoids all the trafic and lack of parking it means I should get a decent picture of them :).

I walk by it every day too. I took a picture of it 2 weeks ago but kind of hard to see how bad it is from the photo! It has gotten worse too since the rain started back this week.

RJ is right though, there is just about enough space for a wheel between the crater and the kerb, risking alloy kerbing however if using low profile tyres!

pothole.jpg
    Stheno wrote: »
    Are these roads around Bons Secours? They were hateful in the last six months of last year if so.

Finally got the alfa back up and running, it's now the car of choice to drive in the house :) Is great to have it back up on the go :)

It is in the general area of the Bons. Up the hill by Daybreak there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I just seen an add for liberty insurance on the tele, I pretty much fit the profile that they use for their add quote.(except I live in tipp not dublin)
    So threw in my details.

€750................ Thieving cnuts.

I went to chill then just to check, half way through all the ****e they want I lost the will to live!

Ill just let my broker sort it as normal methinks;)

It is in the general area of the Bons. Up the hill by Daybreak there.

That was an especially unpleasant experience after driving all the way from Dublin, that road is in bits.
    pred racer wrote: »
    I just seen an add for liberty insurance on the tele, I pretty much fit the profile that they use for their add quote.(except I live in tipp not dublin)
    So threw in my details.

€750................ Thieving cnuts.

I went to chill then just to check, half way through all the ****e they want I lost the will to live!

Ill just let my broker sort it as normal methinks;)

750???? And you're fairly ancient!!!!

I reckon it's based on cars, all those stupid ads are 1.4 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

That particular pothole on high field or hartlands whichever one....I love the way someone (i presume a council worker) just put a cone over it for a day or two. It's not wide enough for two cars to pass!
    And I never go down that road anyway I use the one to the left cos it's quiet and wider and in good condition.theres always some stupid bastard that comes down the hill when you're clearly going up already and have right of way and just expect you to hop on the footpath, **** that I say!

That particular pothole on high field or hartlands whichever one....I love the way someone (i presume a council worker) just put a cone over it for a day or two. It's not wide enough for two cars to pass!

Lol I noticed that one alright. Was pretty bizarre.
    And I never go down that road anyway I use the one to the left cos it's quiet and wider and in good condition.
    Same.
    theres always some stupid bastard that comes down the hill when you're clearly going up already and have right of way and just expect you to hop on the footpath, **** that I say!

Yeah it's a pain. I have often seen standoffs in the evening where nobody ends up moving for a good few minutes because idiots have backed up the entire hill coming down and there is no space for cars to make it up. Always leads to some risky footpath maneuvers.

I can't understand why they don't make a one way system between the two adjacent hills. It would solve most of the problems. I heard one excuse before that they allowed parked cars there etc to make people drive slowly due to the amount of people around UCC but that just comes across as total BS really since people just drive on the footpaths instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    That was an especially unpleasant experience after driving all the way from Dublin, that road is in bits.

750???? And you're fairly ancient!!!!

I reckon it's based on cars, all those stupid ads are 1.4 or less.

Yep, Im even older than you:eek:

42, full licence for 19 yrs, 6+ yrs no claims, 1.9D I mean wtf do they want?

Good thing they dont actually know me though or it'd be more like €7500:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just looking at this LPG ad, what an unusual taxi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4475560

Registration 10C40372
    Make NISSAN
    Model BLUEBIRD
    Description SYLPHY AUTO 4DR
    Fuel Type PETROL

Odd alright. I wish Nissan Ireland would import the latest model. They need a saloon, I'm bored of the fake 4x4's.

2013_nissan_sylphy_f34_ns_424121_600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They wouldn't sell any, in the same way that toyota wouldn't sell many camrys if they brought them in,

They have those Infinitis, which are on sale but don't sell.

Yeah that's true, it's also sad because they're great cars. :/

Yeah that's true, it's also sad because they're great cars. :/

steady now!

personally i think most of the nissans on the irish market for the last decade at least aren't much good :pac:

steady now!

personally i think most of the nissans on the irish market for the last decade at least aren't much good :pac:

Ah now come on.
    The 350z/370z and S15 aren't much good?
    G'way with your super mini. What have Toyota done lately, other than the GT86? :p

I'd also like to add the X Trail, Navara and Murano to that list.
    Just for even more V6's and and SR20's. :pac:

Oh, the Patrol too for extra 5.6l V8!

well like i said, "on the irish market" nothing has been very successful, and anything that has hasn't been that reliable. i mean if they didn't have the quasqaui however the **** you spell it, they wouldn't have a pot to piss in, a few navaras, even the new micra is epically unpopular.

at least pre 2000 ish they were reasonably simple and reliable :)

They're hardly that unreliable are they? I've not heard any stories about them, bar the last Primera.
    And anything more recent ill just blame on the French. :p

And they're all from the Irish market, just because they didn't sell doesn't mean they're no good. Just means Ireland sucks at cars.

They're hardly that unreliable are they? I've not heard any stories about them, bar the last Primera.
    And anything more recent ill just blame on the French. :p

And they're all from the Irish market, just because they didn't sell doesn't mean they're no good. Just means Ireland sucks at cars.

ah it kind of does to be fair. they just aren't specially anything. not the most handsome, the most reliable, the cheapest, the longest warranty etc... they arent offering much.

i mean what are we facing into here
    the leaf, the tiida, the quasquai and the juke... have i missed something?

oh yeah the micra and the note, when was the last time you seen either of them. and a host of weird dated jeeps and ****.

sorry for the nissan rant, its late and im just cranky :pac:. they're far from the worst and i'm sure a lot of stuff in their home market is much nicer and not as tainted, i just dont think they are trying hard enough over here.

• Advertisement

Still ignoring the VQ monsters but I can see where you're coming from. :)
    Irish people buy the worst of what's offered over here.

And dated jeeps? Get on to Land River. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement