Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

OSI wrote: »
    225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 2's are €110 on Camskill atm, Camskill

Hopefully they stay that price when I get paid.

I bought my final 2 yeaterday they worked out at something like €265 for 2 delivered after my banks exchange rate they were 6 quid cheaper when i bought the first 2.

ST needs the 92 Load variations though as it's a fatty (especially at the front)

Also thanks Leahy Engineering in Ballybane for removing buckles from my ST wheels for €90 quid (2 were 95% and one was 99%) but still atleast i know now they are gonna be 100% when i get them back monday from Radfix in satin black and refurbed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Eibach's Eibach's Eibach's!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

It was snowin like fook in Paris when I arrived last night, thought for a while I wouldnt make it home.
    Pity I have to go to work now, I wouldnt mind a snow day;)
    Btw the frenchies are even worse than the irish at driving in snow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

pred racer wrote: »
    Btw the frenchies are even worse than the irish at driving in snow:eek:

Awww Booo. I'll be driving through France next week, hoping the weather improves. I still can't be sure if I should put the winter's back on, weather channel everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Awww Booo. I'll be driving through France next week, hoping the weather improves. I still can't be sure if I should put the winter's back on, weather channel everyday.

Itll be grand by tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sun? Nice temperature? Dry? Wtf? I am scared!

Even car feels more healthy and faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Just saw a Mazda 3 (newish model, hard to see with all the smoke) self combust near Patrickswell in Limerick. Dense grey/white smoke, not sure exactly what was burning. Occupants had bailed out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

langdang wrote: »
    Just saw a Mazda 3 (newish model, hard to see with all the smoke) self combust near Patrickswell in Limerick. Dense grey smoke, not sure exactly what was burning. Occupants had bailed out anyway.

looks like mazda still havent gotten the hang of them daysul engines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

langdang wrote: »
    Just saw a Mazda 3 (newish model, hard to see with all the smoke) self combust near Patrickswell in Limerick. Dense grey smoke, not sure exactly what was burning. Occupants had bailed out anyway.

Year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

looks like mazda still havent gotten the hang of them daysul engines :D
    PSA 1.6 would be my guess!

Year? Not the Mk1. 08 on, not sure if it was pre or post facelift. I wasn't hanging around, there was all sortsa rubber necking and quare parking going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Possibly a sexist remark but I noticed earlier as I parked in the parent & child spaces in my local Aldi (I had kids with me before somebody asks) all the spaces beside me had oil spills from cars that had been parked there.99% of the drivers that use them are women so do they ever check their cars?

Surely as they drive up to their houses they'd notice an oil stain where they park up,would they not consider this abnormal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

zerks wrote: »
    Possibly a sexist remark but I noticed earlier as I parked in the parent & child spaces in my local Aldi (I had kids with me before somebody asks) all the spaces beside me had oil spills from cars that had been parked there.99% of the drivers that use them are women so do they ever check their cars?

Surely as they drive up to their houses they'd notice an oil stain where they park up,would they not consider this abnormal?

Not just women who don't maintain their cars, though. A mate of mine was complaining about sluggishness, rough starts, engine cutting out etc. petrol, 3.2L, about 11 years old at the time, he'd had it 5 years. Asked when e'd ad it serviced - answer never, "but I change the oil regularly myself". Now, I'm surprised by that as he lives in a nice red brick in Ranelagh with on street parking. Innocently, I ask where he manages to get under the car to release te oil. "Huh, I just put more in the top.". Some months later, he had to bring it to a garage (or they had to collect it) because oflocking problems. Car gets a full service and now he finds it's a completely different driving experience. His wife, contrastingly, has always had her car serviced regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Here's what I saw today....my old MG ZR!!!

I haven't seen this since I sold it in 2006 and it was at the motor factors across from my house today.

photo1qu.jpg

photo2vdg.jpg

It's a little worse for wear now sadly and has a different front bumper and the sunroof seal is pretty worn as is the seat bolster. Also quite a few scratches on the bonnet and roof.

Those ridiculous rear light clusters weren't there when I had it either nor were the speakers in the parcel shelf.

I bought it in 2005 for €9k, sold it a year later for 8 and the current owner bought it for a grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think I gave an old fella heart attack today! :)

After work I had to go in to town and jump in to GameStop quick. Being after work I was not in the most cleanest pants and just plain hoody.
    So like always I park my car in small car park, pay the few and off with my business. When I came back I still had an hour +++ on parking ticket. I sow some old fella just about to pay at the machine. I shouted: "excuse me! Excuse me!" And walked near him. Now I am a big fecker and my accent did not helped there. So he froze up and watch me come closer.
    I came closer and showed ticked and said: "here you go, there is an hour on it". His scared face turned in to smile. He thanked me and was prety happy. :)

I need to work on my "communication skills" I guess :D

I did the same to a chap yesterday morning, a full hour on the ticket and your man barely give me the time of day, ignorant git.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did the same to a chap yesterday morning, a full hour on the ticket and your man barely give me the time of day, ignorant git.

Funny enough i did same thing with my ticket last week too. so I had ticket with 1h left and some fella in Thirties was about to pay, so i just approached him and said about ticket.
    He got a huge smile on his face and said: "what goes around comes around, I do the same thing every single time too and now it is the first time it happens to me, thank you very much!"
    I know its not in my nature to be "nice", but sometimes its nice to be nice! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Today was my second time handing in a wallet/purse I'd found and both times the Guards took my details etc. And both times the Guards rang me to say the owner had been in and reclaimed.....and both were given my details. And I've never got a call from either to say thanks or anything. I'm not looking for a reward, just a thank you would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

NCT cancellations FTW. Called at 5pm and got booked in for 5:40. Currently sitting in waiting area after a dash from ballsbridge to Fonthill

I know its not in my nature to be "nice"

100% correct sir :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

NCT ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ouch...
    ayI8qxX.jpg

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads, a black pope!!

I wonder how he'll feel being surrounded by lads in white clothes and pointy hats waving crosses in front of him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ouch...

Anytime soon there will be a thread on whose at fault from driver in pink car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Getting told off for taking a picture there, Alan?

CianRyan wrote: »
    Getting told off for taking a picture there, Alan?

Alan wasn't in England today ;) ....... was he :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Alan wasn't in England today ;) ....... was he :confused:

Woops, didn't cop that.
    At first glance I though it was the garage just beyond the KCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nah not my pic...If I owned the Aston...I'd just cry...and probably have to use £50 notes to wipe my tears

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Jaysus lads, a black pope!!

I wonder how he'll feel being surrounded by lads in white clothes and pointy hats waving crosses in front of him :pac:

Link?

Was just looking out of curiousity and cant find anything yet.

Link?

Was just looking out of curiousity and cant find anything yet.

No link, I just heard it on my travels. More than likely someone got confused between "black smoke" and "pope" and decided that we now have a black pope :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

He's argentinian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nah not my pic...If I owned the Aston...I'd just cry...and probably have to use £50 notes to wipe my tears
    Ban Him! He was secretly saying yer BMW is as good as a bolloxed pink Corsa.

Who paints a fecking Corsa pink anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement