Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I wouldn't dare, our cars share a special bond. :pac:

Well, the pope's not black.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Looks well too but I reckon they are hoping some things get lost in the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dar83 wrote: »
    Eibach's Eibach's Eibach's!!!! :D

Service in >2000km's so have enough money for the Eibachs now (front bush set is in my bedroom ready to go"giggidy") then once tax is paid(again) for 3 months in early april pre service be buying a decat pipe downpipe (any ideas on brands btw?) RARB of some sort and some of those chinese ebay tailpipe trims and getting them all fitted @ service time.

Dunno then maybe a remap if i can find a 9 map handset and intercooler (clueless on this also but the Airtec black ones look o0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Only just finished a maths test now in college:(. Over the last few days all I was doing was studying maths It got to a stage today where all I could think about was maths. At least it's over now and Friday and Monday off so an extra long weekend :D plenty of time to give my car a good clean and ill probably end up cleaning my mums octavia too as if I don't do it no one else will and it gets filty as we live in the country. Also we got our petrol power washer back as it was off being fixed as there was no pressure they put this new pump in it and now its so powerful you have to stand way back from the cars at least it takes of every spec of dirt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Here's what I saw today....my old MG ZR!!!

I haven't seen this since I sold it in 2006 and it was at the motor factors across from my house today.

It's a little worse for wear now sadly and has a different front bumper and the sunroof seal is pretty worn as is the seat bolster. Also quite a few scratches on the bonnet and roof.

Those ridiculous rear light clusters weren't there when I had it either nor were the speakers in the parcel shelf.

I bought it in 2005 for €9k, sold it a year later for 8 and the current owner bought it for a grand!

it still looks relatively cared for though :) were those lights not an option on later spec ZR's? "Trophy" lights or something i think they are known as?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

it still looks relatively cared for though :) were those lights not an option on later spec ZR's? "Trophy" lights or something i think they are known as?

Relative is the operative word, it wasn't cared for like a relative though :pac: The paint was pristine when I had it, not 1 actual scratch on it but it had swirl marks.

I'm not sure about trophy lights but those are just cheap lexus lights for the car. I saw them a lot when I was looking for badges for the car on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Link?

Was just looking out of curiousity and cant find anything yet.

link here. Owner says DBS is a write off :eek:

http://www.aston-martin.com/2013/03/12/pink-corsa-crashes-into-black-dbs/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Service in >2000km's so have enough money for the Eibachs now (front bush set is in my bedroom ready to go"giggidy") then once tax is paid(again) for 3 months in early april pre service be buying a decat pipe downpipe (any ideas on brands btw?) RARB of some sort and some of those chinese ebay tailpipe trims and getting them all fitted @ service time.

Dunno then maybe a remap if i can find a 9 map handset and intercooler (clueless on this also but the Airtec black ones look o0)

I take it you mean less than 2000km?

Get that tax sorted for the year already, I'd hate having to think about it every three months. It's four times the pain the once a year effort contains, even if that is one almighty ouch in the one go. :D

I took my DeCat off, running a sports cat now. Prefer that for the insurance ramifications. But if you're looking at a DeCat and downpipe then you can't go wrong with Mongoose. Decent prices and good quality stuff.

I wouldn't be too pushed about a 9 map handset. Realistically you'll find one you like and use that from then on. Chances are you won't even use 4/5 of them ever either.

Intercooler wise the Airtec is decent, the Roadsport is actually identical but branded differently and slightly cheaper. I went RadTec and I know a couple of the other guys are running that as well. It's the one DreamScience sell. Quality bit if kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

To the punk who hit my car in the car park :mad:

Will sort out a years tax in 6 months or so when im finished tinkering, just suits me atm to spread the pain

Also yup 2000km, RS plugs and oil ordered, im sure mechanic can get pollen and oil filters himself

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    To the punk who hit my car in the car park :mad:

Aww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Will sort out a years tax in 6 months or so when im finished tinkering, just suits me atm to spread the pain

Also yup 2000km, RS plugs and oil ordered, im sure mechanic can get pollen and oil filters himself

I like to buy those things myself anyway, unless you're sure he'll use OEM parts? I'm a bit of a stickler for that kinda thing, especially in oil filters etc...

Yea, also was looking on said interwebs and a full DS system is less than a mongoose and the decat and downpipe alone between them are 30 quid less.

First things first mind, still need to sell the Octavia lol (secret DS CAIS and cat back hedge fund)

OMG 1337 Posts

ac0786b3c8c575cfd72f6f0f1e8659f6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

2 gentlemen knocking on my door this morning, asking to buy cars. One couldn't speak english and the other guy was an interpreter (I think anyway) Fairly persistant, especially with the Alfas :confused:

Then asked me would I be interested in doing a clutch change for them on their A4. Ehhhh no :pac:

First ones to come in for a while now, thank fook its not as frequent anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So tomorrow you come home to no Alfas?

MugMugs wrote: »
    So tomorrow you come home to no Alfas?

Some job to move either of them where they are! :p

Thinking back I wonder what they would have offered....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    2 gentlemen knocking on my door this morning, asking to buy cars. One couldn't speak english and the other guy was an interpreter (I think anyway) Fairly persistant, especially with the Alfas :confused:

Then asked me would I be interested in doing a clutch change for them on their A4. Ehhhh no :pac:

First ones to come in for a while now, thank fook its not as frequent anymore :)

On that note, do you have fiatecuscan?
    Fancy doing a forced regen on my car someday? I can pay you in 166 brake pads :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

For the first time this year I drove with opened window like a boss! :D

I know it's cold march, but still better then what is happening in France and Germany. 17km traffic jams. People stuck in their cars with no food etc.
    Some car factories shut down due to shortage on materials, because all delivery trucks stuck in snow.

pred racer wrote: »
    On that note, do you have fiatecuscan?
    Fancy doing a forced regen on my car someday? I can pay you in 166 brake pads :p

Afraid not! The newest yoke around the house is 01, only a few have an obd2 port. None of my Bravos threw up errors, they are the old 3 pin non obd2 port job. So I never saw the need for it :)

I really should get a cable at least for said 166, the airbag lights like to come on at random and say hello :pac:

Afraid not! The newest yoke around the house is 01, only a few have an obd2 port. None of my Bravos threw up errors, they are the old 3 pin non obd2 port job. So I never saw the need for it :)

I really should get a cable at least for said 166, the airbag lights like to come on at random and say hello :pac:

Just get the bluetooth one, 15 odd quid on ebay, then clear from your phone.
    (i cant leave mine plugged in as it sends my car mental, but other people do it in 159s)

• Advertisement

(i cant leave mine plugged in as it sends my car mental, but other people do it in 159s)

I also use a Nokia E5 which have the worst app store and compatibility I've seen for a phone in a while. I have to pay to get a wireless hotspot for example (don't start me on joikuspot) :( lets not talk about the phone I use for my high quality picture taking! :o

I'll get something much newer when the contract is up! :)

I also use a Nokia E5 which have the worst app store and compatibility I've seen for a phone in a while. I have to pay to get a wireless hotspot for example (don't start me on joikuspot) :( lets not talk about the phone I use for my high quality picture taking! :o

I'll get something much newer when the contract is up! :)

Ahhhh that explains it:D.Get an android phone, apple phones cant connect to bluetooth devices (you need to use wi fi and a different obd plug)(because apple are *****! It would be nice to be able to do it with my Ipad)
    I think I paid €4.95 for the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

What app do you use for clearing airbag lights? Does it work for most cars, in particular BMW Mini (:rolleyes: :()
    I've a bluetooth (cheapy chinee job) yoke but I didn't think it could clear airbag lights. Thought those functions were outside the normal codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ahhhh that explains it:D.Get an android phone, apple phones cant connect to bluetooth devices (you need to use wi fi and a different obd plug)(because apple are *****! It would be nice to be able to do it with my Ipad)

My mam had no problem connecting her iPhone to her Focud via Bluetooth when she had it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

CianRyan wrote: »
    My mam had no problem connecting her iPhone to her Focud via Bluetooth when she had it? :confused:

Indeed, I've never heard of any issue's with iPhones and Bluetooth, Bluetooth is a standard and iPhones implement it so there should be no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

draffodx wrote: »
    Indeed, I've never heard of any issue's with iPhones and Bluetooth, Bluetooth is a standard and iPhones implement it so there should be no issues.
    I could well believe apple would restrict what you could connect to and what services you could use.
    Bluetooth can be a pain sometimes if you're doing anything outside phone+handsfree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would say it would be a good 10 years before I get a car with Bluetooth and by that time we might be using a different system altogether. Its good to hear the system works.

I'm looking round the whole time, there's this chap on youtube from Canada that uses an i-phoney to connect to different vehicles with a bluetooth device. Alas with android I'm sure its a similar process just with different apps :) so much to choose from....!

Unless Nokia have a decent competitive phone I can't see myself getting another one. I've been buying Nokias for 12 years now, they're fairly robust :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

langdang wrote: »
    I could well believe apple would restrict what you could connect to and what services you could use.
    Bluetooth can be a pain sometimes if you're doing anything outside phone+handsfree.

They don't but as you say Bluetooth in itself is a pain anyway.
    I'm looking round the whole time, there's this chap on youtube from Canada that uses an i-phoney to connect to different vehicles with a bluetooth device. Alas with android I'm sure its a similar process just with different apps :) so much to choose from....!

Unless Nokia have a decent competitive phone I can't see myself getting another one. I've been buying Nokias for 12 years now, they're fairly robust :)

The new Nokia Windows Phone devices are pretty decent and good value for what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I noticed a little bit of difference between the two. I'd pick 25mm over 23mm on my roads anyways (pockmarked country roads).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement