Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

BX 19 wrote: »
    I noticed a little bit of difference between the two. I'd pick 25mm over 23mm on my roads anyways (pockmarked country roads).
    Should this be in the cycling forum :D;) ? I agree btw, 23's are for smooth new tarmac only in my book...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I have 25's on my bike now, I miss my 23's. So much rolling resistance. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

CianRyan wrote: »
    I have 25's on my bike now, I miss my 23's. So much rolling resistance. :(
    32's. That's how I roll...

...slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

draffodx wrote: »
    They don't but as you say Bluetooth in itself is a pain anyway.

Can I send an Album from one iPhone to another via Bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Indeed, I've never heard of any issue's with iPhones and Bluetooth, Bluetooth is a standard and iPhones implement it so there should be no issues.

You're wrong on this one, apple basically castrated the Bluetooth functionality

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3440168?start=112&tstart=0

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

No file transfers, and it doesn't work with Bluetooth obd2 connectors. You need to buy a wifi one for about €150 instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Had my driving test today, thought it was at 2:45, got there and I was told it was 12:45.

Off to jump from a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MugMugs wrote: »
    Can I send an Album from one iPhone to another via Bluetooth?

No file transfers, and it doesn't work with Bluetooth obd2 connectors. You need to buy a wifi one for about €150 instead

Apologies, I meant in the context of pairing with car phone kits/Bluetooth headsets. There should be no problem with that. I missed the part about obd2 connectors.

No one should be attempting to do a file transfer over Bluetooth in 2013. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

My mam had no problem connecting her iPhone to her Focud via Bluetooth when she had it? :confused:
    Indeed, I've never heard of any issue's with iPhones and Bluetooth, Bluetooth is a standard and iPhones implement it so there should be no issues.
    Bluetooth in iPhones is far from standard!! For this reason -

Apologies, I meant in the context of pairing with car phone kits/Bluetooth headsets. There should be no problem with that. I missed the part about obd2 connectors.

No one should be attempting to do a file transfer over Bluetooth in 2013. :D
    When Apple offer no other decent way of doing it, then it's a pain. One Apple device will fail to recognise any other Apple phone or pad or pod via bluetooth, or any other method really. Sucks to the hilt. Android gives us freedom!!

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    When Apple offer no other decent way of doing it, then it's a pain. One Apple device will fail to recognise any other Apple phone or pad or pod via bluetooth, or any other method really. Sucks to the hilt. Android gives us freedom!!

Indeed and I am an Android user, I have tried iOS and Windows Phone and there not for me but I've never had an issue connecting any of the iPhones to either a Bluetooth headset or in car phone kit is all I was trying to say, it should work OK.*

*I realise now how unclear I was in saying that, I really should review my posts in future (Ah who am I kidding I'm still gonna post and forget and come back and realise my failings later :) )

Indeed and I am an Android user, I have tried iOS and Windows Phone and there not for me but I've never had an issue connecting any of the iPhones to either a Bluetooth headset or in car phone kit is all I was trying to say, it should work OK.*

*I realise now how unclear I was in saying that, I really should review my posts in future (Ah who am I kidding I'm still gonna post and forget and come back and realise my failings later :) )
    Head sets and car kits are about all the iPhone will connect to. Just microphone/speaker devices.

• Advertisement

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Head sets and car kits are about all the iPhone will connect to. Just microphone/speaker devices.

Indeed, it is the Apple way!

When we're on this subject has anyone else seen people with Apple stickers on their cars? I've seen 4 since the start of the year, a little silver Apple sticker on the back of the car, whats that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Had my driving test today, thought it was at 2:45, got there and I was told it was 12:45.

Hate it when you get a time for something wrong. Hopefully next time you'll get it.

Also my friend went to do his test years ago, handed the tester his provisional and was told he couldn't do the test as his licence was over 3 months out of date!

OSI wrote: »
    There are plenty of devices that iOS devices will connect to, including each other. I use the bluetooth on my iPhone to tether my iPad Mini and get internet on it pretty much anywhere. There are also a number of devices including medical devices and fitness devices that connect to the iPhone over Bluetooth. Not to mention bluetooth keyboards.
    They only pass data to the mobile provider while tethering, they still don't actually properly communicate with each other.

The tethering, yes. But you can't tell me there is no communication between the device and bluetooth keyboards, or devices that monitor your heart rate and blood pressure. Or fitness trackers etc etc.

Are all the above generic devices, or do they have a "For iOS / etc" somewhere on the box? Or even still are they made by apple?

Keyboards are generic, I don't know about the health or fitness monitors, as I've honestly never looked for them on Android, and I've only ever heard of them being developed for iOS, but they are bluetooth devices at the end of the day.

You can group them in as bluetooth devices, but they're more than likely built using proprietary bluetooth protocol to work with iOS. I'd put money on it that a generic one for android wouldn't work.

Seems if you're so inclined, you can use an OBDII bluetooth dongle with some jailbreak magic.

Got a link? May have a use for that old 3G after all :D

Too many e46s going around with an arse like a dog with worms. Tis criminal.

I haven't come across that saying before...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

3rd times a charm:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I discovered a rather strange inhabitant in my car the other day.... :confused:
    Image2740_zps16b661e4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    I discovered a rather strange inhabitant in my car the other day.... :confused:
    Image2740_zps16b661e4.jpg

Nice air filter....;)

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    Nice air filter....;)

Eagle eyed boyo! :pac:

Potential new car methinks.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The answer may be very obvious but I walk past a German reg c-max everyday that's right hand drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Too many e46s going around with an arse like a dog with worms. Tis criminal.

Too many GTI's going around with ACTUAL worms on the alloys :pac:

The answer may be very obvious but I walk past a German reg c-max everyday that's right hand drive?

Euro commission staff that live here and in Germany?

In the same way a fair few Irish trucks are LHD due to the amount of driving in the continent they do....

going to see this tomorrow http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4662783

seller seems sound and is definitely into his BMWs.

looks incredibly clean, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Really are going to have to have an E46 corner at the meet now....:rolleyes::D

Good luck, she looks an absolute beaut!

thanks lads, paint looks flat in the pictures but he assures me its cos of the lighting.
    cant believe theres actually a clean full m sport for sale in Cork :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looks savage man, hope it works out! :)

EDIT: asking's a fair bit heavy, no?

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Looks savage man, hope it works out! :)

EDIT: asking's a fair bit heavy, no?

It is indeed. I suppose he's trying to reflect how he has maintained it. But he has an e92 bought already and it's tax is almost out so I'll be offering him like 3.6k cash :)
    Nct til 3/2014 at least

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement