Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Death would have ensued by now if that was the case i fear (+we can't all be high falootin 335i drivers o0 fancy) :pac:

TT's got an S2000, sure look at the sig. :p
    The 2 sets of wheels it came with had a mix of.

Accelera's 3 on car now 19"
    Kumho 1 on car 19"
    Nankang NS-2 2 on standard 18" wheels
    Goodyear (down to wires almost) original 2 front tyres 18"

Poor car, i hope it likes it's new shiny black shoes im getting it for christmas.

Getting a starange urge to refurb+powerdercoat the original 18" snowflake wheels black and spent the couple hundred i save on something else though

My god, my car came with three different alloys but at least the three that weren't a steel wheel had the same tyres. All different amounts of wear mind you. :rolleyes:

I love the standard ST wheels, some of the nicest stock rims about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

dgt wrote: »
    ????!!!!!!!!

What happened to round 2? Can't be fixxored?

Ooooh post #3333 :D

bah .. there ya are.. nah it was near cortown. . was **** tbh. poxy freezing cottage

for the radio code I can get the serial number on the display.. can I just call up a dealer and they give it to me or do I have to pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So Ive just put on some super dished 17" wheels on my 850CSi. Had 18" Style 32s on it. Didnt quite anticipate it would be so difficult to source the ideal/proper size rears though, 275-40-17. Seems its a tyre size not very well catered for, was easier and cheaper to get 18's in these sizes! :rolleyes:

I have 2 Goodyear Eagle F1s on it, but wrong size and just look way too small (puny 255-40-17's!). Anyone.. um have some super wide 17" tyres sitting around?
    Check out the crap selection + pricing per tyre, new for this size:
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?suchen=Ordern&cart_id=60319210.124.22642&ranzahl=4&Breite=275&Quer=40&Felge=17&Speed=H&Transport=P&dsco=124&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&sort_by=preis

I dont think Falken's are worth that personally, decent mid range but not a EUR250 tyre. The EUR450 PS2's though, yeah, right.

PS: Selling the Style 32s, PM me. :pac:

Matt Simis wrote: »
    So Ive just put on some super dished 17" wheels on my 850CSi. Had 18" Style 32s on it. Didnt quite anticipate it would be so difficult to source the ideal/proper size rears though, 275-40-17. Seems its a tyre size not very well catered for, was easier and cheaper to get 18's in these sizes! :rolleyes:

I have 2 Goodyear Eagle F1s on it, but wrong size and just look way too small (puny 255-40-17's!). Anyone.. um have some super wide 17" tyres sitting around?
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?suchen=Ordern&cart_id=60319210.124.22642&ranzahl=4&Breite=275&Quer=40&Felge=17&Speed=H&Transport=P&dsco=124&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&sort_by=preis

I dont think Falken's are worth that personally, decent mid range but not a EUR250 tyre. The EUR450 PS2's though, yeah, right.

Post that on stance works and you'll be considered a god.
    A rare, powerfull BMW with stretched tyres on deep dishes, a wet dream for most of them. Haha

Any pics of the new shoes?

CianRyan wrote: »
    Post that on stance works and you'll be considered a god.
    A rare, powerfull BMW with stretched tyres on deep dishes, a wet dream for most of them. Haha

Any pics of the new shoes?
    Maybe, though my feeling is all Stanceworks people want is car running with the the tyres scraping both the ground and the wheel arches, I dont live in an area that tolerates super low cars. Infact even as is (cos it is a bit low, but OEM lowness) when getting the tyres fitted there was a bit of a disaster with the ramps clipping the front bumper and popping part of it off!

Way too wet and grey today to take any decent photo, here is the smaller dish on the front, the rear you would get lost in. :cool:

IMG_0628_896x669.jpg

Impromptu and dull photo doesnt do them justice:
    IMG_0627_896x669.jpg

Also thats Silver Metaliser Plastidip like on Dar83's ST.

• Advertisement

They look seriously cool. I can see the stretch on the back more so than the front, are they skinnier up front?
    The stanceworks stuff is mental really. Some of it can look nice but outside of a car show or a utopia that kind of lowness is just crazy.

They look seriously cool. I can see the stretch on the back more so than the front, are they skinnier up front?
    The stanceworks stuff is mental really. Some of it can look nice but outside of a car show or a utopia that kind of lowness is just crazy.

Yep, its a "hot" BMW, so a staggered setup, 8.5" on the front and 10" wide on the rear. None of this rotating fronts and rears after 6mths nonsense here! The fronts are more normal 235-45-17, its the corresponding set (overall diameter within 3%) for the rear thats proving a problem. Ideally, neither should be stretched (aside from looks etc), the front is fine as is, rear as you say visibly has too narrow a tyre on it. The German I bought them from had 205s on the front and 225s on the rear, all Linglongs! :eek:

Agree on the Stranceworks car show mentality. This is a daily driver, getting 16L/100km, which is just wonderful.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Cian your large image broke my phone. As well as breaking the other thread, you now broke a Nokia :eek: :p
    I find these Accelera's hilarious tbh, good thing i don't have long let on them.

Pull out of junction 1st wheelspin 2nd wheelspin 3rd wheelspin 4th traction and car judders off :pac: (Nothing to see here you guys it was all a dream)

My D-Turbo does that....... Turbo lag :D
    bah .. there ya are.. nah it was near cortown. . was **** tbh. poxy freezing cottage

for the radio code I can get the serial number on the display.. can I just call up a dealer and they give it to me or do I have to pay ?

Ewwww thats even worse! An ex of mine lives near there..... Bogville!

All I found this evening were several Americun forums ststing to get the serial and ring Honda (Acura) no code generators I'm afraid :(

Woot multi quoting on a phone :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Courtown? We're you down there?

gollywog wrote: »

Cortown, near Kells. Bogland surrounds it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone know where I can get a 21mm deep socket in Louth? Just looking online and Halfords don't seem to have anything beyond 19mm.

EDIT: I'm some twat, scratch that. http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_200977_langId_-1_categoryId_212616

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Lads quick question here, what could I roughly be expected to pay if I wanted Gerry from TI Auto's to have a look over my 156? Just curious, might pay him a visit over the next few weeks but not sure what it would cost.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

166man wrote: »
    Lads quick question here, what could I roughly be expected to pay if I wanted Gerry from TI Auto's to have a look over my 156? Just curious, might pay him a visit over the next few weeks but not sure what it would cost.

Cheers
    Ring him and ask him perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ring him and ask him perhaps?

Yeah was going to do that tomorrow, just wanted to see if any regulars had met him or had work done before. He seems to get great reviews online. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wet weather, summer tyres and a steep hill moving off from the lights.
    I've just done my first accidental wheel spin.

Might think about winter tyres after my NCT.

Decent summer tyres are perfect in wet weather. Summer doesn't mean sun... If you've got shíte tyres on the car it won't really matter what weather it is.

While you've small wheels and winters would be relatively inexpensive, I wouldn't bother tbh. Put the money towards a decent mid-range set of summers and drive according to conditions, and you won't have any problems. I'd see all season as a compromise tbh, one that isn't really necessary here.
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Winter tyres are for quite cold temps, that generally aren't encountered in Ireland over most of the winter :)

Oh Jamesey... you've missed quite a bit. Matt Simis has been educating us all (as usual :D). Suggestive Ireland's climate is probably suited to winter (or certainly non-summer) tyres for 4 months of the year...
    Matt Simis wrote: »

Jaysus, you only put the style 32's on the car... and I thought they looked mighty!

Not the biggest fan of the new rims (love the dish), but then again I do like very few bmw alloys. Fooking hell those prices though :eek:

This thread is dying, it's telling me challengemaster is posting but I can't see it.
    NOT MY FAULT THIS TIME!! :D

Edit: There ya are.
    I've Pirelli P6000's on the front and Continental Premium Contact 2's in the rear. Both 195 section, I thought my tyres are fairly good, my throttle control on a wet hill seems like it could use some work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

gollywog wrote: »

more or less 2 mins down the road there on a back road.

fecking ancient doors and windows on an old cottage,

freezing me sack off !

Anyone know where I can get a 21mm deep socket in Louth? Just looking online and Halfords don't seem to have anything beyond 19mm.

EDIT: I'm some twat, scratch that. http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_200977_langId_-1_categoryId_212616

If I were you, I'd head to Newry and go to Auto Supplies. They have some selection of tools, they were the only place that sold me a 22mm socket in inch drive!!! :eek:

Oh Jamesey... you've missed quite a bit. Matt Simis has been educating us all (as usual :D). Suggestive Ireland's climate is probably suited to winter (or certainly non-summer) tyres for 4 months of the year...
    In fairness that guy Jeltz raised some good points and cold weather marked All Seasons sound ideal for here. Thing is you need to check before you buy what type of All Season you are getting. Otherwise 2 sets of tyres work perfectly fine.. maybe not absolutely needed, but a good benefit and nearly no cost for sure.
    Jaysus, you only put the style 32's on the car... and I thought they looked mighty!
    I put the Style 32s on it when I bought it, like 3.5yrs ago! I just re-painted them again recently. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I had my really last ever drive in the E30 yesterday. In the rain, ah so much fun :(:(

Driving will now just be a method for me to get from D to C ( :D ) no enjoyment whatsoever :(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cheers
    Yeah was going to do that tomorrow, just wanted to see if any regulars had met him or had work done before. He seems to get great reviews online. Cheers :)

He generally has a fair bit of work booked in advance so you might wait a couple of weeks to get into him :)
    Fiona wrote: »
    I had my really last ever drive in the E30 yesterday. In the rain, ah so much fun :(:(

Driving will now just be a method for me to get from D to C ( :D ) no enjoyment whatsoever :(:(:(:(

Boo, that sucks :(

Am thinking of buying that car stereo in Lidl for OH's car. His is knackered with a stuck cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

:eek: :eek:Did I miss something? I thought you were just parking it till the summer??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

kiddums wrote: »
    :eek: :eek:Did I miss something? I thought you were just parking it till the summer??

Oh sorry bad choice of words!! I kinda meant last ever for this year :o

Decent summer tyres are perfect in wet weather....

Perhaps all weather ones for 4 months, not a hope winters unless the winter is exceptionally cold or you live in rural area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Oh sorry bad choice of words!! I kinda meant last ever for this year :o
    Thank God, you had me worried that something had happened it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

This was washed yesterday,
    I give up, I really do:mad:

DSC_0073.jpg

Silver hides the dirt :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Black is a bad bastard to keep clean pred! Still though, I don't think I'll ever buy a silver car again unless I really want it and silver is the only option but I won't say "right, my next car is going to be silver" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    Silver hides the dirt :pac::pac::pac:
    Still not worth looking like a Rep;)
    Black is a bad bastard to keep clean pred! Still though, I don't think I'll ever buy a silver car again unless I really want it and silver is the only option but I won't say "right, my next car is going to be silver" :pac:

I'm still working on the mods to ban anyone who buys a silver car.
    (you listening Alan:p)

Its pissing me off, my baby looks so good when she's clean.

Btw, I adjusted my headlights back to a reasonable height today (as measured on the front of my house) for some reason the recomended nct height for my car shines the lights about 5 metres in front of the car.

• Advertisement

I wanted a china blue 406 and even test drove 2 :) sadly, twas not meant to be...

Maybe someday...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement