Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Which of my glorious steeds should I take to the shops.

DSC_0075.jpg

Decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Redisle wrote: »
    I just put a deposit down on this. I didn't get much off the asking but the car is pretty mint and very well looked after. All fluids/filters, timing belt, clutch, thermostat, water pump replaced recently. Drives perfect. Incredibly comfortable seats. Not a mark on the body that I could see. They agreed to replace one tyre which had a little dime out the sidewall and are putting it through the NCT before sale. He also gave me a spare center console so I am going to attempt this.

Great to see another owner on here! :cool: Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Seen a medium speed chase through Navan last night about half 1. a new Hiace with hazards on flying through the town with a 07 garda mondeo with the blues on right up it's hole. Then a 98 almera saloon chasing the garda car trying to put it off with full lights. About a min later a squad astra and the traffic corp vectra went tearing after them.
    Later on in the night there was checkpoints alll over the place so i'd guess they got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

pred - That's a hard choice! Maybe the clio?? :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was thinking I might try spraying them black but replacement is also an option yes.
    Best of luck with it Redisle, looks a lovely clean car, love the seats.

If you do a search on alfaowner, there is a crowd on there who do replacement alfa mats quite reasonably :)

I like the replacement console too :) Same as I had in my 156 :)
    Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    No this is third year!

I feel much better about it after a solid 10 hours sleep! now breakfast :p

I had the best nights sleep I've had in ages last night, feel really refreshed, rugby for the afternoon now!
    pred racer wrote: »
    Which of my glorious steeds should I take to the shops.

Decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

I think the white, the gold is a little bleugh :P

• Advertisement

Ok clio it is then :D
    Some lift off er boi!
    Stheno wrote: »

I think the white, the gold is a little bleugh :P

Its worse in the flesh:eek:
    White one is mine;)
    I had a different white one, but there was no a/c so I arranged to have that one sent to the south of france for the summer:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

White one is mine;)
    I had a different white one, but there was no a/c so I arranged to have that one sent to the south of france for the summer:p

Good choice on the white :)

I'm sensing a rather evil streak in you, sending a non a/c car off like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

tuborg_man wrote: »
    Seen a medium speed chase through Navan last night about half 1. a new Hiace with hazards on flying through the town with a 07 garda mondeo with the blues on right up it's hole. Then a 98 almera saloon chasing the garda car trying to put it off with full lights. About a min later a squad astra and the traffic corp vectra went tearing after them.
    Later on in the night there was checkpoints alll over the place so i'd guess they got away.

Wait until they start getting more of the new Focus in as phase out the petrol Mondeos.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

So, today i put a deposit on a 2001 opel astra with 114'000 miles on the clock, alloys, NCT'd til november 2013, bit of tax left, clean inside and out, drove it around, felt nice to drive, from hyundai motor centre in Limerick. Cost 1500, 100 deposit.

I've a few questions just for peace of mind as i have the oppurtunity to change my mind.

Opel astras of this year and 1.4, anyone any experience with them? Reliability? MPG? etc...

Anyone have any dealings previously with this crowd? How did you find them?

Cheers.

Stheno wrote: »
    Good choice on the white :)

I'm sensing a rather evil streak in you, sending a non a/c car off like that!

The radio was busted too ;) only 4.5 hrs to aix en provence:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I just put a deposit down on this. I didn't get much off the asking but the car is pretty mint and very well looked after. All fluids/filters, timing belt, clutch, thermostat, water pump replaced recently. Drives perfect. Incredibly comfortable seats. Not a mark on the body that I could see. They agreed to replace one tyre which had a little dime out the sidewall and are putting it through the NCT before sale. He also gave me a spare center console so I am going to attempt this.

The mats and the stupid sunvisor sticker gone and it'll be definitely the nicest and best looked after 156 here in motors. ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The blue unmarked mondog? Not surprised they didn't use the silver 07 Vectra!

Was it a blue hiace by any chance? There was one acting the maggot on flower hill, racing up the right lane, swerving at cars in the other lane and attempted to try bully his way infront of me.... Saw in the mirror he turned down the new road at the round o and I think he was trying to make it go sideways with the wobbling it was doing :rolleyes:

The radio was busted too ;) only 4.5 hrs to aix en provence:D

Ouch! Evil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

dgt wrote: »
    The blue unmarked mondog? Not surprised they didn't use the silver 07 Vectra!

Was it a blue hiace by any chance? There was one acting the maggot on flower hill, racing up the right lane, swerving at cars in the other lane and attempted to try bully his way infront of me.... Saw in the mirror he turned down the new road at the round o and I think he was trying to make it go sideways with the wobbling it was doing :rolleyes:

No was the marked mondeo with half the bulbs gone, seen that hiace around before, same lads also have a opel combi and act like penis heads in that aswell,
    This hiace was 2012 white one, have found out since who owned it but it'd prob be against the charter who's it was, easy to guess though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

No was the marked mondeo with half the bulbs gone, seen that hiace around before, same lads also have a opel combi and act like penis heads in that aswell,
    This hiace was 2012 white one, have found out since who owned it but it'd prob be against the charter who's it was, easy to guess though,

I haven't seen that marked mondeo in a while.... Mostly see the marked silver vectra and fiesta on the roads. Usually outside the shopping centre :p

Say no more, I can guess the general area where that would come from ;)

The mats and the stupid sunvisor sticker gone and it'll be definitely the nicest and best looked after 156 here in motors. ;) :pac:

Ooooffftt that was a heavy hitting comment...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

166man wrote: »
    Ooooffftt that was a heavy hitting comment...:D

Paranoid much??? :pac:

Paranoid much??? :pac:

Yes. Very much. :D:pac:

Opel astras of this year and 1.4, anyone any experience with them? Reliability? MPG? etc............

40k mile revised timing belt interval as many went snap early days.

Can be entertaining cars to drive with the primitive rear suspension set up :) Never drove a 1.4 for too long though so can't comment on the real world mpg, average of 35 ish I'd expect, I had the 1.6 version for a few months years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

Old astra entertain as a drive ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

in the same way a fiat panda with skinny tyres is id imagine :D

in the same way a fiat panda with skinny tyres is id imagine :D

I thought you had one before your current car?
    The back end is so easy to be made let go on a bend, when encouraged :)

i did! never bothered to even try to lose the rear end, heap of ****. i dare anyone to say my current astra handles bad after driving it though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

i did! never bothered to even try to lose the rear end, heap of ****. i dare anyone to say my current astra handles bad after driving it though ;)

*rubs hands*

Lets 'ave at it then :D

cmon down ere to cork boyo :) ill post the keys in RJs letterbox monday morning :P

............ ill post the keys in RJs letterbox monday morning .......

Try not to make too much noise, you seem to park up in the middle of the night :D

about 8am, in before the inevitable build up at the airport roundabout and forge hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

http://t.co/c4uPMw5T

Top and bottom most and least stylish cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CLS before an S2000? NOOOOO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

http://t.co/c4uPMw5T

Top and bottom most and least stylish cars.

Wha?Only 5th? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement