Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Looks savage man, hope it works out! :)

EDIT: asking's a fair bit heavy, no?

Yeah, pre facelift too. Does look to be mint to be fair.

.......... I'll be offering him like 3.6k cash :)

I'd be slow to pay that (anymore anyway) for it, there's an 01 for sale in Cork for the last 4 months asking €4k+ too and it's not shifting. It's not as it left the factory but it's a nice example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I know he'll probably freak when he hears the offer but sure I've nothing to lose :) I have to sell mine anyway but he's happy to hold onto it for me.
    I think 3.6 is the least he'd take anyway. Sounds a lot less harsh than 3.5k or lower to him I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I know he'll probably freak when he hears the offer but sure I've nothing to lose :) I have to sell mine anyway but he's happy to hold onto it for me.
    I think 3.6 is the least he'd take anyway. Sounds a lot less harsh than 3.5k or lower to him I'd say

Here's hoping he's not on boards or any of his mates :)

Here's hoping he's not on boards or any of his mates :)

again, ive nothing to lose. ill be honest with him either way :)
    Im not trying to be a dick but it is an 11year old 2.5 petrol car in Ireland afterall:D

if the BMW doesnt work out i might have a look at this over the weekend too http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4708662

• Advertisement

.... might be no harm, his asking price is delirious.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'd be slow to pay that (anymore anyway) for it, there's an 01 for sale in Cork for the last 4 months asking €4k+ too and it's not shifting. It's not as it left the factory but it's a nice example.

Here, stop being a pr!ck and thank this post, not every day this happens! :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83648652&postcount=6136

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

thanks lads, paint looks flat in the pictures but he assures me its cos of the lighting.
    cant believe theres actually a clean full m sport for sale in Cork :eek:

Was gonna say the same. That quarter looks flat as a pancake. Nothing a Da shouldn't sort. Black is a hard colour for the eagle eyed as more often than not, up close, it disappoints.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Im not trying to be a dick but it is an 11year old 2.5 petrol car in Ireland afterall:D

if the BMW doesnt work out i might have a look at this over the weekend too http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4708662

I like the Cooper S...I really do...but that colour....not feckin' way!

i dont mind it, and id like another spin in one cos the owner of the one i drove before was nervous as hell so i couldnt drive it properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The S stands for Supergay :pac:

It'd stand out anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

A fair difference between the two, NA 2.5 litre coupe or 1.6L supercharged go kart. As you know, I'd go for a Mini (not that one, though) but I think your heart is with the Bavarians....

completely different i know. 325 seems so much classier though to me at least. but i like the tuning potential of the cooper s :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

completely different i know. 325 seems so much classier though to me at least. but i like the tuning potential of the cooper s :D

I know people are saying the 325 is over priced and at €4.5 k it is but to get such a clean one in what looks like very good condition is very hard in Ireland. Stick to your guns and hopefully you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Price is abit high too for a 11 year old car with 100,000 miles

Also there is the baby blue aspect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Price is abit high too for a 11 year old car with 100,000 miles

Also there is the baby blue aspect :D
    For a baby blue petrol car, at 11years and over the magic 100k (padre pio warranty expires at 100k), yeah it is over priced.
    But for a Cooper S I think that's a good price, you'd struggle to find many under that I'd say. They have pretty good residuals in fairness.

Alternatively (bet ye didn't see this coming)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4636316

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Alternatively (bet ye didn't see this coming)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4636316

Is that the same ST "van" that's been pretty much constantly for sale for the last 2 years or so each time by a different seller?

Yeah, that dark silver is nicer alright. Lack of leather on the blue one is disappointing, I'd get over the sunroof (looks crap with a white roof anyway). Aircon, meh, wouldn't bother me in a car like that.

Not sure but i remember seeing an ST van last year and the exhaust pipes looked abit wonky

• Advertisement

theres an s4 2.7 turbo van for sale in cork for 3.8k sure :)
    i was only tempted to look at the blue one cos its so near.
    ideally id like a dark grey/black one and then id plastidip the wheels/mirrors orange :D

this aint bad but i wouldnt pay 7k for it! http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4716666

very low miles on this but it doesnt look nice
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4660042

not bad http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4593689

a few are after coming donw in price i thought theyd be more in demand tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

draffodx wrote: »
    Is that the same ST "van" that's been pretty much constantly for sale for the last 2 years or so each time by a different seller?
    The car is down as 1.6 tdci at the min but can be put back as st if wanted .

:eek::confused::pac:

ideally id like a dark grey/black one and then id plastidip the wheels/mirrors orange :D
    haters gonna hate, but I'd do something similar but with green. (maybe red). :D
    Did you see Owens machine before he sold it on? It wasn't 100% to my own taste, but it was nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Does anyone know, how to retrieve a road tax disc if previous owner lost it, and new owner want get that disc, there is another couple months still left. ??

langdang wrote: »
    haters gonna hate, but I'd do something similar but with green. (maybe red). :D
    Did you see Owens machine before he sold it on? It wasn't 100% to my own taste, but it was nicely done.
    Yeah I did, ive been in communicado with him a good bit about cooper s's in general :)

yeah lime green might go well with the dark grey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Not sure but i remember seeing an ST van last year and the exhaust pipes looked abit wonky

Tut tut tut. You're lucky you didn't end up buying that one if you don't remember these things! :P

Wonkyish looking tailpipes are still in the ad you posted as well!

Full-17864304.jpeg

Edit: Also just noticed from the ad... "launch control"... haha. Good thing it already has an RS clutch, but using the rev limiter as a launch control is one way of making shíte of the driveshafts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Does anyone know, how to retrieve a road tax disc if previous owner lost it, and new owner want get that disc, there is another couple months still left. ??

Never mind, found in citizeninformation.ie , replacement will cost 6 euro.

Yeah I did, ive been in communicado with him a good bit about cooper s's in general :)

yeah lime green might go well with the dark grey :D
    I'd follow Owen's lead and plasti dip, tape/vinyl over any chrome parts. Just me, chromed plastic is just nasty looking IMO.

langdang wrote: »
    I'd follow Owen's lead and plasti dip, tape/vinyl over any chrome parts. Just me, chromed plastic is just nasty looking IMO.
    indeed, luminosity is much better :D

• Advertisement

Went to see the BMW. Paint is pretty knackered and is quite dull, not so much in scratches etc just covered in bad swirls and dull. Would be a perfect project with the new DA for sure. The car in general is immaculate, especially the interior. It drives great, no rattles or anything and no offence to conzy or Alanstrainor but it feels far more eager than both. Was impressed by its performance. The tyres are acceleras and triangles and he said he knew he was selling it so wasn't gonna splash too much. He is an enthusiast for sure, had an e30, two e36s, this and his current e92.
    It has been looked after well I would feel and he knows my dad and vice versa.
    I told him 3.6k was the offer pending my own car sale and he said 3.8k is his min.
    I guess we'll just have to see if it sells or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement