Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Conzy's is going to be a lot more eager now that he has his VANOS seals done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

yeah it seems to be a very worth while job to do! :)

gonna put my astra up for sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thought the paint looked dead in the picture, if anything those lights would have made it look a bit better.
    Didn't want to say anything until you saw it though and made your own mind up though.

The car sounds great, hopefully you can move yours quick enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Conzy's is going to be a lot more eager now that he has his VANOS seals done ;)

How's your issue coming along these days? We've not had an update in recent times, although I did drive through a bit of Tipp yesterday and I thought I could hear you rattling about somewhere. :P

• Advertisement

Needs more interior pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Looks well hopefully you sell it quickly. 80k km that's nothing there was double that on mine when I sold it a few weeks ago and it was 2008 :eek: how long have you had it ?

Bpmull wrote: »
    Looks well hopefully you sell it quickly. 80k km that's nothing there was double that on mine when I sold it a few weeks ago and it was 2008 :eek: how long have you had it ?

2 years next month.
    I kept the number of a guy who was interested last time I had it up in December, text him a while ago and he's gonna come look Monday he says

2 years next month.
    I kept the number of a guy who was interested last time I had it up in December, text him a while ago and he's gonna come look Monday he says

I hope you get what your looking for it. There's not too many well minded examples going around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Just saw a Citroen C5 taxi with a big Rammstein.de sticker in back window :D interesting taxi ride I'd say, beats liveline on the radio anyway.

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    How's your issue coming along these days? We've not had an update in recent times, although I did drive through a bit of Tipp yesterday and I thought I could hear you rattling about somewhere. :P

LOL :D I'm nowhere closer to getting it sorted. I need to have the money for the turbo and labour ready to go as my own turbo has to be sent back to BMW within 2 weeks. Due to this, I can't just get the rebuilt turbo and wait until I have the money for the labour.

Just got the new tyres, tax at the end of the month then starting to save for this job.
    langdang wrote: »
    Just saw a Citroen C5 taxi with a big Rammstein.de sticker in back window :D interesting taxi ride I'd say, beats liveline on the radio anyway.

Nice :D Where was this?

I was in a taxi listening to Cannibal Corpse and talking about metal through the ages before. I think it was an S Class, I was quite drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

CianRyan wrote: »
    I was in a taxi listening to Cannibal Corpse and talking about metal through the ages before. I think it was an S Class, I was quite drunk.
    Magic moments, as used in old quality street chocolates ad was the strangest taxi cd for me.

Rammstein taxi is in limerick city.

Oh and I can confirm Jamesy did in fact contribute 20e to charity as a result of the "Guess what car RJ bought" thread.
    Well done Sir :)

Oh and I can confirm Jamesy did in fact contribute 20e to charity as a result of the "Guess what car RJ bought" thread.
    Well done Sir :)

Link?
    I missed this thread.

Just coming home from town 10 minuates ago. Heavy rain dark bad country road just wide enough for 2 cars to pass. A car comes towards me with parking lights and foglights on no dipped lights. People are mad with them lights they would have next to no visibility. Can people not just buy some bulbs and replace or get halfords etc to change them.

I very much doubt his dipped bulbs were blown. It was probably a felter trying to look mad with his side and fog lights on

Wouldn't surprise me, the amount of people that don't give a **** about their lights is mental.

On the subject of lights, the rubber seal to protect my dipped light was sort of melted when I went to replace it, looked like it hasn't been changed in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Wouldn't surprise me, the amount of people that don't give a **** about their lights is mental.

On the subject of lights, the rubber seal to protect my dipped light was sort of melted when I went to replace it, looked like it hasn't been changed in years.

Not have H4's?

• Advertisement

I very much doubt his dipped bulbs were blown. It was probably a felter trying to look mad with his side and fog lights on

I know but it was pitch black on country back roads no street lighting or any lighting. Floods everywhere. Foglights and parking lights wouldn't give anywhere near enough light on these roads. I know people go around cities with these lights on but you have street lighting. Their lights must of been blown.

dgt wrote: »
    Not have H4's?

I do actually, so yeah just for the main bulb. :p

Few pages back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Just got the new tyres, tax at the end of the month then starting to save for this job.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

I do actually, so yeah just for the main bulb. :p

Ah phew I thought I was going mad! Thought about the time I lent bulbs to a chap with one but then sold the car with them so there's someone driving around with my yellow lights laughing they got a free set from an idiot that forgot to take them back....

Sorry, rambling. They do perish with age, I'd be inclined to get a new one from Nissan :)

Ah phew I thought I was going mad! Thought about the time I lent bulbs to a chap with one but then sold the car with them so there's someone driving around with my yellow lights laughing they got a free set from an idiot that forgot to take them back....

Sorry, rambling. They do perish with age, I'd be inclined to get a new one from Nissan :)

Ah I see. Nice one, man. Must enquire about this.
    Those and wiper blades are on the cards for next week, it's about time!

Also, dyno day being organised over in the Modified section, makes best sense to get everyone involved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

o0 Dyno day

Dyno day eh? :D

I'd probably be banned from everywhere with the amount of smoke the car is producing, thanks sticky wastegate :(

If I get the new turbo in time though I'll have a rip at it :)

Dyno day eh? :D

I'd probably be banned from everywhere with the amount of smoke the car is producing, thanks sticky wastegate :(

If I get the new turbo in time though I'll have a rip at it :)

Do it anyway and screw it all the way out, laaaaaad! :D

• Advertisement

Do it anyway and screw it all the way out, laaaaaad! :D

Hmmmmmm........ :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement