Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

CianRyan wrote: »
    Link?
    I missed this thread.

Iirc you were in Paris (in the Spring no less) when the ZT was made it's way into the Bangernomics thread :)

I was actually in Tallaght the Friday of that weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm sure we'd all chip in and pay for your 406 to be dynoed to be honest.... All screwed out! :.D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

166man wrote: »
    I'm sure we'd all chip in and pay for your 406 to be dynoed to be honest.... All screwed out! :.D

15912466-a-man-in-a-gas-mask-in-the-smoke-black-background.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What is it with the 166 and frost, every other car will be dry and it will be frosted up! :confused:

Image415_zpsd4a2403c.jpg
    Image416_zpsb887f638.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

dgt wrote: »

I've seen worse on our dyno, some lads bringing some awful messes of cars over to be mapped
    RoverJames wrote: »

I was actually in Tallaght the Friday of that weekend :pac:

And you made it out alive? :o

Best of luck with the new jammer btw :)

• Advertisement

Gary ITR wrote: »

And you made it out alive? :o

lol :)

Great spot is Tallaght, I lived in Clondalkin for over two years, really am quite fond of both Tallaght and Condlakin tbh :)
    Gary ITR wrote: »

Best of luck with the new jammer btw :)

Cheers, 'twas a big change, used to it now, doesn't seem quite so sh1t anymore :) Thought it would be a lot more boaty than it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

lol :)

Great spot is Tallaght, I lived in Clondalkin for over two years, really am quite fond of both Tallaght and Condlakin tbh :)

Cheers, 'twas a big change, used to it now, doesn't seem quite so sh1t anymore :) Thought it would be a lot more boaty than it is.

Ah I lived in Tallaght for years myself, tis a grand spot.

Big change is right, very much an 'outside the box' choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

What ya get?

What ya get?

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD

Have been poking around some US forums, it seems the diesel are rare enough over there but lots of people running Hemi ones seem to want a diesel, one lad mentioned that.... "I was talking with my bank, and they actually have a Green Car program where they offer you a discounted interest rate on alternative fueled vehicles, and of course the CRD is one of those"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Had a spin in a commander last summer. The same engine I think 3 litre V6 turbo? Lovely torque from the engine. Pulls itself along very smoothly. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Had a spin in a commander last summer. The same engine I think 3 litre V6 turbo? Lovely torque from the engine. Pulls itself along very smoothly. Enjoy.

Yep, OM642 yoke :)

It's not too bad but I just couldn't call it smooth after having a V6 petrol for the last while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Lets not get into one of those debates. :p

The new bus looks great, James. Pitty I missed ya in Tallaght, can't say I'm disappointed with where I was though. Haha

I've always wanted a jeep, a proper kitted out Defender or Land Cruiser. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD

Have been poking around some US forums, it seems the diesel are rare enough over there but lots of people running Hemi ones seem to want a diesel, one lad mentioned that.... "I was talking with my bank, and they actually have a Green Car program where they offer you a discounted interest rate on alternative fueled vehicles, and of course the CRD is one of those"

Looks good; one of my NY cousins just bought a Toyota Tacoma twin cab in diesel but I think he's just trying to be Irish. He said VW was trying to push diesel for Jetta but that a lot of the diesel fuel available isn't good enough quality for the more sophisticated engines.

Quick question people

Around the local town a few weeks ago I noticed a fairly unusual liftback Avensis. Twas a light green, had some badging at the back (exclusive I think?) cracked screen.

Saw it yesterday, now on 01 D normal plates. As in 01 D 35123 (as an example,, that's not the reg) the colour, badge and crack on screen are what I noticed (unless theres an exact copy of it on d plates :confused:)

Can you specify you want non import plates these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I need a space saver wheel. A 17" 4x108, with a 215 R17 45 tyre. Just emailed traynors but would prefer to source one locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sad day when you see an Alfa getting a jump start :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Autosport wrote: »
    Sad day when you see an Alfa getting a jump start :-(
    You must be completely depressed in that case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not really no hehe

Hal1 wrote: »
    I need a space saver wheel. A 17" 4x108, with a 215 R17 45 tyre. Just emailed traynors but would prefer to source one locally.

I wouldn't bother with trainors

I'll be back in the yard on Tuesday, I'll have a gander for you if you're interested :)

Thanks for the offer Dgt. If I don't find one in the mean time sure might do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hal1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Dgt. If I don't find one in the mean time sure might do that.
    I think i have an autogard tyre in that size. Only used for a few days if its any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Made me giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I knew there were subtle undertones in a lot of what I read and saw about truckers before..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Made me giggle.

Took me a second! ;)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think i have an autogard tyre in that size. Only used for a few days if its any good to you.

Thanks for the offer. If I need it I will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Took me a second! ;)

Took me alot longer:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Any e46 owner looking for parts should look here http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/bmw-e46-320ci-325ci-for-breaking/2580126
    Lots of parts going cheap. Genuine oem led tail lights and armrest interests me if I get one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Some bloke stopped the OH today to admire my car, I was dead chuffed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Some bloke stopped the OH today to admire my car, I was dead chuffed :)

That wont happen if you buy a Bmw:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    That wont happen if you buy a Bmw:p

Lolol didn't get the job in the end, got offered a new role in my current place, looking forward to it, but it's a fairly massive challenge.

If I'm not around here much for the next few weeks, it's due to the appalling hours I'll be putting in :)

Expecting to be doing 7:30 - 21:30 M-T less on Friday with about ten hours over the weekend :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement