Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Stheno wrote: »

Lolol didn't get the job in the end, got offered a new role in my current place, looking forward to it, but it's a fairly massive challenge.

If I'm not around here much for the next few weeks, it's due to the appalling hours I'll be putting in :)

Expecting to be doing 7:30 - 21:30 M-T less on Friday with about ten hours over the weekend :eek:

Are you bananas!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

nothings worth that unless its only a short stint. you need sufficient downtime!

nothings worth that unless its only a short stint. you need sufficient downtime!

Indeed, not good for either mental or physical health. A relative ended up quite unwell due to similar hours.

F that imo.

But if it rocks your boat, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Lolol didn't get the job in the end, got offered a new role in my current place, looking forward to it, but it's a fairly massive challenge.

If I'm not around here much for the next few weeks, it's due to the appalling hours I'll be putting in :)

Expecting to be doing 7:30 - 21:30 M-T less on Friday with about ten hours over the weekend :eek:
    Congrats Stheno.... Hope it works out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Legally she can only work hours like that for a number of weeks, then it needs to average out per quarter to something more normal. Cant remember the exact figures, but generally employers wont allow long term application of such work week hours.

• Advertisement

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Legally she can only work hours like that for a number of weeks, then it needs to average out per quarter to something more normal. Cant remember the exact figures, but generally employers wont allow long term application of such work week hours.

They will, wrongly so of course but it goes on wholesale.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

draffodx wrote: »
    Are you bananas!?
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Indeed, not good for either mental or physical health. A relative ended up quite unwell due to similar hours.

F that imo.

But if it rocks your boat, well done.

No I'm sane went in with my eyes open :) It's about 70 hours a week for the first eight weeks then should lessen significantly down to about 50 hours a week which is what I do now. Expect to be taking six weeks off at the end of the year though so it's a fairly short term gig.

I've worked far worse and if I succeed at it, it will add a fair bit of value to my cv :)
    They will, wrongly so of course but it goes on wholesale.

Yeah legally it's no more than 48 hours per week on a quarterly basis, but it's not enforced.

..... Part time gig so :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

..... Part time gig so :pac:
    You'll be wishing it was now when I'm on those six weeks off :D

Motors related, am delighted with the alfa, despite being off the road for six weeks, it's driving like a peace these past few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally "forced" misses shadowhearth to give poor mazda a wash. It havent seen soap since 2012! She is pissed off a bit, o feel like this:

ngbbs50428c7193ce9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Not a motoring question but don't know where else to ask it.

I have a friend working as a Garda and found out he also runs his own business on the side.

I always thought that wasn't allowed. Can they? (I've no issue with it if he does just wondering)

Can't be a licensed premises or security, otherwise its ok I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Lovely day for a spin yesterday.

img0705pr.jpg

Excuse the dirt... and the T4:P.

Can't be a licensed premises or security, otherwise its ok I believe.

I knew there was some sort of restriction but wasn't sure what it was.

Ha! Just spotted my old car in the Parade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yeah legally it's no more than 48 hours per week on a quarterly basis, but it's not enforced.
    Think you guys are confusing who is being protected by enforcement, its the employer not you. Not enforced = easy and profitable lawsuit against them later in the year..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Guys, that was a european directive that Ireland never signed up for.
    Or at least that was the way it was explained to me las time I worked in Ireland.
    I know the last place I worken In Ireland went out of its way to say it was volentarily (sp?) implementing it (except where business needs applied ;)) but it didnt have to
    Its defo a big deal over here in France, but they wouldnt work to warm themselves anyway:p

On a different note, I'm heading out to Paddy O'Niells in Chailly en Biere for a few well deserved paddy's day pints. Anyone fancy one? I'm buying:D

pred racer wrote: »
    Guys, that was a european directive that Ireland never signed up for.
    Or at least that was the way it was explained to me las time I worked in Ireland.
    I know the last place I worken In Ireland went out of its way to say it was volentarily (sp?) implementing it (except where business needs applied ;)) but it didnt have to
    Its defo a big deal over here in France, but they wouldnt work to warm themselves anyway:p

On a different note, I'm heading out to Paddy O'Niells in Chailly en Biere for a few well deserved paddy's day pints. Anyone fancy one? I'm buying:D

Nah we have the working time act which implemented the EU directive.

Enjoy your pints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Nah we have the working time act which implemented the EU directive.

Enjoy your pints :)

Need to do more research before opening me gob:pac:

I intent to:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I was in doing some shopping this evening walked out and there was a man and women standing there admiring my Focus. I had it parked away from the rest the car park was fairly empty. It absolutely made my day :)

• Advertisement

Think you guys are confusing who is being protected by enforcement, its the employer not you. Not enforced = easy and profitable lawsuit against them later in the year..

I think you're confusing a rostered 48+ hours/week for an employee and the working hours that many salaried employees put in to their jobs almost habitually in many industries.

If the lawsuits were as easy and as profitable as you think they are I'm sure we'd hear about the odd one or two through the various media outlets :)

Bloody fuel gauge on my car seems to be on the blink :(

A memory just came into my head that id forgotten. Last June in Normandy with my brother it was about half 8 and the sun was setting.We were tootling along in our rental Corsa along the coast road from Colleville-sur-Mer to Port en Bessin and were overtaken by a Bumble-Bee Camaro. The noise off it, the sunset over Omaha Beach with Pointe Du Hoc in the background and the general area we were in made it one of the best memories I've ever had :)
    Oh how we tried to keep up but 1.3cdti doesnt match it for pace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A memory just came into my head that id forgotten. Last June in Normandy with my brother it was about half 8 and the sun was setting.We were tootling along in our rental Corsa along the coast road from Colleville-sur-Mer to Port en Bessin and were overtaken by a Bumble-Bee Camaro. The noise off it, the sunset over Omaha Beach with Pointe Du Hoc in the background and the general area we were in made it one of the best memories I've ever had :)
    Oh how we tried to keep up but 1.3cdti doesnt match it for pace :D

Banned for using 1.3 cdti and pace in the same Sentence.

A memory.............

Was that yourself I saw in Douglas Dunnes today?

Banned for using 1.3 cdti and pace in the same Sentence.

Thats the bit you picked out? your heads up your arse man :D

Was that yourself I saw in Douglas Dunnes today?

I was working 6 to 1 so if it was between those times it was :)

Was about 12 :)
    Was coming out of the non food section and thought it was you pretending to work in the fruit and veg area, wasn't 100% sure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

have an account on the m50

but I used it by accident. (got confused at blanch exit and went onto the m50, coulebt turn back so went liffey valley and back to blanch :(

would eflow give me a refund if I asjed cos it was an accident from being confused at the junction or is it just take it ?

might be worth an email ?

• Advertisement

Was about 12 :)
    Was coming out of the non food section and thought it was you pretending to work in the fruit and veg area, wasn't 100% sure tbh.

Pretending is right, place was like a morgue today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement