Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

would eflow give me a refund if I asjed cos it was an accident.........

I'd be more than amazed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

have an account on the m50

but I used it by accident. (got confused at blanch exit and went onto the m50, coulebt turn back so went liffey valley and back to blanch :(

would eflow give me a refund if I asjed cos it was an accident from being confused at the junction or is it just take it ?

might be worth an email ?

ahahahaha, good luck!

Sure why wouldn't everyone start that then?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'd be more than amazed :)

I'd be looking for the flying pigs :D

Stheno wrote: »
    I'd be looking for the flying pigs :D

You get a few of them most days, don't they have a helicopter and all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a bit of fun today with a A3 :D must say my Astra is a great rally car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I think you're confusing a rostered 48+ hours/week for an employee and the working hours that many salaried employees put in to their jobs almost habitually in many industries.

If the lawsuits were as easy and as profitable as you think they are I'm sure we'd hear about the odd one or two through the various media outlets :)

Well no, Im not confusing it, but that is the crux of it. Im talking about actual rostered and clocked work, not random unclocked work an employee decides to do "unofficially".

I have seen lawsuits (thats not a media worthy story in the slightest, its quite common and normal issue?) and I have seen HR in proper companies actively pursue anyone clocking in too many hours, "unofficially" or not. I pity anyone in the situation where they feel they have to work "on their free time" off the books.. its something I wouldnt entertain personally, for myself or someone reporting to me.

From the way Stheno's post read, this is "rostered" official working hours.. which can only be done for a limited period and needs to average down over longer periods.

Matt Simis wrote: »

From the way Stheno's post read, this is "rostered" official working hours.. which can only be done for a limited period and needs to average down over longer periods.

I got the impression its a 39 hour week, salaried position but Stheno knows what's required and is going in with the eyes open :)

The likes of the "Big Four" are absolute whooooooores for expecting it, many would consider them "proper" companies :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Well no, Im not confusing it, but that is the crux of it. Im talking about actual rostered and clocked work, not random unclocked work an employee decides to do "unofficially".

I have seen lawsuits (thats not a media worthy story in the slightest, its quite common and normal issue?) and I have seen HR in proper companies actively pursue anyone clocking in too many hours, "unofficially" or not. I pity anyone in the situation where they feel they have to work "on their free time" off the books.. its something I wouldnt entertain personally, for myself or someone reporting to me.

For me it's not official rostered hours, I work a fairly flexible schedule most of the time, but due to this new role, I'll work that volume of hours for no more than eight weeks (possibly less) then move back to a less demanding schedule. It will be classed as necessary overtime, like a lot of salaried employees, I've a clause in my contract that specifies overtime when needed without pay. That's fairly standard for a lot of people on contracts and in salaried positions, there may be times when you slack off a fair bit, but there are other times when you have to put in a lot of extra hours.

The flipside is that when I then decide to work from home, take a half day off early on a Friday, etc, I've no issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The likes of the "Big Four"

Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Only 12h until i get my wheels, woop woop woop :)

Thank you jebus

• Advertisement

Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax? :pac:

Never heard of two of them before :pac:

Wish I never heard the other two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The likes of the "Big Four" are absolute whooooooores for expecting it, many would consider them "proper" companies :)
    Having worked for one of them I agree completely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I know its a long shot but they would sre on my account using the bridge twice . in less than 5 mins back and forward. was a genuine accident was all .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I know its a long shot but they would sre on my account using the bridge twice . in less than 5 mins back and forward. was a genuine accident was all .

No harm trying :)

They have a rep on here iirc :)

Stheno wrote: »
    No harm trying :)
    Tbh I have found them helpful in the past when I've had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Having worked for one of them I agree completely

You're a roadie man!?! :eek:

MCMLXXV wrote: »

You're a roadie man!?! :eek:
    Lol I wish!

Previously worked for one of the BIG FOUR accountancy firms. In fact Anglo was on our books........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Brilliant. Go to 36m15s. Funny Stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Right out of 70's LA.

The bulb I replaced the other day is gone again. :(
    Not the whole bulb though, just the dipped position again. Is it likely to be wiring seeing as the full beam is fine? :(

CianRyan wrote: »
    Right out of 70's LA.

He drives like my aul fella. Saw it on the telly the other day in the room with him and I had a good laugh :pac:

"sure why would you wan't to go any faster"

:D

BX 19 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Go to 36m15s. Funny Stuff.

Cyclists should be made watch the last case in that

Yea, pretty scary stuff! Also shows how much stuff you can't actually see with dipped lights. Imagine if it had been fallen debris from a lorry/tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

dgt your road is unreal, does someone that way own a few pet elephants or something,

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Alan was it you I saw yesterday heading up towards the Knocklyon Service Station? I saw a very clean silver e46 coupe coming towards me and it was only when I saw the spoiler in my mirror did I think it could be you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Alan was it you I saw yesterday heading up towards the Knocklyon Service Station? I saw a very clean silver e46 coupe coming towards me and it was only when I saw the spoiler in my mirror did I think it could be you

:o

Unfortunately not!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

Hi everybody, I'm Mic. V

And I'll leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Howya, Mic. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

CianRyan wrote: »
    Howya, Mic. :)

I'm good. 'bit tired. But good.