Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

tuborg_man wrote: »
    dgt your road is unreal, does someone that way own a few pet elephants or something,

Countless repairs that were never done right! And probably will never be done right :(

I avoid that road when I can and go the other way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I'm not well!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

pred racer,

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

'specially when you've got your 3 year old daughter almost dragging you out the door to go to the park!

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

have an account on the m50

but I used it by accident. (got confused at blanch exit and went onto the m50, coulebt turn back so went liffey valley and back to blanch :(

would eflow give me a refund if I asjed cos it was an accident from being confused at the junction or is it just take it ?

might be worth an email ?

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime,

Every pass on the m50 will come onto your account at the reduced rate but you do have to pay for every passage.

But if you PM me your account details I can certainly have a look for you but I couldn't guarantee anything,

Standing by,

Maureen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Waiting for the rain and hail to clear before I make a start on refurbishing my calipers and disc hubs :/

• Advertisement

Waiting for the rain and hail to clear before I make a start on refurbishing my calipers and disc hubs :/

Invest in a garage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm finding the closer I get to my thesis submission date, the more I'm thinking about mods for my car. First the MSport kit, and now I want some new wheels...wish I had more money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Picked up this bluetooth car speakerphone in Halfrauds today. My phone wasn't up to the task with it's own speakerphone.
    No wiring in, just pair it with the phone and go. It even came with a USB cigarette charger. Score! :D

http://www.supertooth.net/EN/BUDDY/#page=page-1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dgt wrote: »
    Invest in a garage :pac:

Quiet, hillbilly :mad:

Quiet, hillbilly :mad:

Peace and quiet are to be had indoors..... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CianRyan wrote: »
    The bulb I replaced the other day is gone again. :(
    Not the whole bulb though, just the dipped position again. Is it likely to be wiring seeing as the full beam is fine? :(

Anyone?

Anyone?

A friend had one with a similar problem. The plug was practically burned out.

3 spade connectors sorts all (just don't get them mixed up :pac:)

Sweet! I'll have to check this out, as I was saying it was looking fairly melty in there so I'd say something burned out on me. :p

Nice one, man. :)

Sweet! I'll have to check this out, as I was saying it was looking fairly melty in there so I'd say something burned out on me. :p

Nice one, man. :)

Just remember which ones go where and you should have full lighting power once more :) I did a pikey job on the car as it was being disposed of fairly shortly afterwards but it still worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mic. V wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I'm Mic. V

And I'll leave it at that

What does the V stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Its Mick the fifth

MCMLXXV wrote: »

V.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Undertaken by a Honda HRV with no lights on the front a few minutes ago as I was pulling into the driving lane.

Scared the shyte out of me

KSAL's mate. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Cian, it could be the switch that's causing the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

KSAL's mate. :pac:

crv excuse you... and hes nt that bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

V is for Velociraptor

...V actually stands for my name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Back yesterday from Waterville in Co Kerry after 4 days down there. Went down via Killkenny to pick up a friend, never again!

The 156 took all four of us and our bags in a full boot. Did 646 miles over the few days and averaged 36mpg which I was chuffed with. Car was faultess as well other than the worn suspension. Pic below shows how much the 156 doesn't like weight well....:o

581847_610328285648154_272665871_n.jpg

:cool:

Dord wrote: »
    Cian, it could be the switch that's causing the problems.

Could be alright. Luckily I have a spare brand new light stalk incase it is.

Nice one. :)

166man: it looks stanced. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

166man wrote: »
    Pic below shows how much the 156 doesn't like weight well....:

I had 400kg of water sofner salt in the back of the focus on saturday and it was down a fair bit on the back like yours. It wasn't bouncing around fairly stuck to the road:) it didn't feel underpowered at all though compared to the astra when I had 500kgs in the back driving 100 miles on hilly roads thought if never get there. Where were you in Kilkenny? that's where I live.

Bpmull wrote: »
    I had 400kg of water sofner salt in the back of the focus on saturday and it was down a fair bit on the back like yours. It wasn't bouncing around fairly stuck to the road:) it didn't feel underpowered at all though compared to the astra when I had 500kgs in the back driving 100 miles on hilly roads thought if never get there. Where were you in Kilkenny? that's where I live.

It was grand up until we turned off the main road coming into Callan I think? Then took a road towards Mullinahone and Boherboy I think? I'm sure the Focus van was more than adequate!

Roads were pure shocking, didn't get out of 2nd gear for many many miles! Fabulous scenery down that direction though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

166man wrote: »
    It was grand up until we turned off the main road coming into Callan I think? Then took a road towards Mullinahone and Boherboy I think? I'm sure the Focus van was more than adequate!

Roads were pure shocking, didn't get out of 2nd gear for many many miles! Fabulous scenery down that direction though!

I live 5 miles from callan went to school there. As for mullinahone that's fairly out in the wilds of Kilkenny. I know the roads and they are fairly bad. When heading to cork I go through callan and then clonmel.

Bpmull wrote: »
    I live 5 miles from callan went to school there. As for mullinahone that's fairly out in the wilds of Kilkenny. I know the roads and they are fairly bad. When heading to cork I go through callan and then clonmel.

Ah that's handy to know for next time, if I'm ever there I'll keep an eye out for the Focus! Yeah jayper's the roads were unreal, gave the roads around DGT's house a run for their money!

We went through Cashel and on through to Limerick and on from there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Watching a bond box set. You only live twice is great for some old yaps.

watchcaronline.blogspot.com-1967-toyota-2000-gt-97679.jpg

Minus the roof for the movie...
    Toyota+2000GT+Convertible.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement