Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

166man wrote: »
    Ah that's handy to know for next time, if I'm ever there I'll keep an eye out for the Focus! Yeah jayper's the roads were unreal, gave the roads around DGT's house a run for their money!

We went through Cashel and on through to Limerick and on from there!

I must take a few pictures of the roads around me they would qualify for DGT's pothole thread :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    I'm not well!

Hungover?
    I'm finding the closer I get to my thesis submission date, the more I'm thinking about mods for my car. First the MSport kit, and now I want some new wheels...wish I had more money!

I think I've figured out what I'll do my thesis on, the thoughts of that amount of writing makes me feel ill, I'm a "****e my assignment is due in two week" then forget about it until the day before sort :D
    166man wrote: »
    It was grand up until we turned off the main road coming into Callan I think? Then took a road towards Mullinahone and Boherboy I think? I'm sure the Focus van was more than adequate!

Roads were pure shocking, didn't get out of 2nd gear for many many miles! Fabulous scenery down that direction though!

Those roads are lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Stheno wrote: »
    I think I've figured out what I'll do my thesis on, the thoughts of that amount of writing makes me feel ill, I'm a "****e my assignment is due in two week" then forget about it until the day before sort :D
    Wait now, mad hours in new job and a college course too? Seriously? Yikes!

My brain is mush right now.

Car related - saw someone chased down and pulled over by the guards in Crescent shopping centre in Limerick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

langdang wrote: »
    Wait now, mad hours in new job and a college course too? Seriously? Yikes!

My brain is mush right now.

Car related - saw someone chased down and pulled over by the guards in Crescent shopping centre in Limerick.

Yeah, I'm halfway through the first year of a 2 year long Masters :o

I start my thesis next Sept.

I don't have much of a life :)

Stheno wrote: »
    I don't have much of a life :)
    Has to be done sometimes. Spent the weekend "in the matrix" (it feels like anyway), right down in the bytes and bits. Hence the mushbrain. A return to college could be featuring in my very near future. Not really as much fun as being an undergrad though...

• Advertisement

Has to be done sometimes. Spent the weekend "in the matrix" (it feels like anyway), right down in the bytes and bits. Hence the mushbrain. A return to college could be featuring in my very near future. Not really as much fun as being an undergrad though...

If I'd only studied as an undergrad, I'd not be doing this masters :D

OH gone to put over half a tanks worth of petrol in the car, I'm interested to see if the evil petrol gauge works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So a strange one for so late at night but here goes - I was just heading home about an hour ago along the M4/N4 going towards Dublin. Cruise control on from the end of the motorway before the Spa hotel, clock set to 50mph/80kph.

Just after the junction for Lucan there was a Garda speed van (not a GoSafe van) in the layby just after the on ramp. I didn't slow down since I had the cruise set, a quick glance let me know I was still right on the 50mph, eyes back to the road and as I go past...*flash*. There was no other car on the road at the time.

So obviously now I'm very curious as to what the flash was for. If there's any stretch of road I won't speed on it's that one; my dad got done for 90kph by the old fixed speed camera before the road was widened, lesson learned for the whole family :p Anybody any ideas on how to test my speedometer for accuracy or am I being a little pre-emptive in assuming that a flash = points?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You have a smart phone? Use a GPS speedo to check accuracy.

If your total wheel/tyre circumference is off that'd effect your speedo.

Also, mobile page 535, I'm calling petrol on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    TT hit 100,000 miles last night! Didn't take a photo like when my Punto did. That said my Punto had less trim rattles than my Audi at 100k :pac:

I'm 1600 miles away from 100k, hoping I don't miss it but we all know it'll be at 100,001 by the time I notice :p

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime,

Any trips made across the M50 are valid transactions and payment would have to be made!

If you like you can call us in the call centre on 1890 50 10 50 and we might be able too investigate this further.

Alternatively you can send us on your details here!

I hope this was of help too you!

Any further queries just let us know!

Kind Regards
    Emma :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    TT hit 100,000 miles last night! Didn't take a photo like when my Punto did. That said my Punto had less trim rattles than my Audi at 100k :pac:
    Pretty close to hitting it in the s2000 aswell.Will probably miss it as I always have the display in km

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had to go to 4home today to pick up few brickets and fire lighters.
    I walked pass skoda superb 2012 and holy shiet how huge that thing is! Its the forst time i see it in fleash from close. Saloon looks a bit out of proportion I have to say. Space in back is epic, great for sex I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I walked pass skoda superb 2012 and holy shiet how huge that thing is! Its the forst time i see it in fleash from close. Saloon looks a bit out of proportion I have to say. Space in back is epic, great for sex I imagine.

I have to say I never got the appeal of sex in cars, I'd be afraid of breaking or staining something, imagine the threads in the detailing forum 'How to remove man mayo from alcantara headliner'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I have to say I never got the appeal of sex in cars, I'd be afraid of breaking or staining something!

Leather interior is a must. Wipes down very easily. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I have to say I never got the appeal of sex in cars, I'd be afraid of breaking or staining something, imagine the threads in the detailing forum 'How to remove man mayo from alcantara headliner'

This is why with some cars I change the interior, questionable stains worry me at times....

Usually the old interior gets burned in a big fire :pac:

Saloon is pure outta proportion, estate way better looks wise. And whatever else wise too :pac: i'd imagine. But only 5 of the estates will ever be sold in Ireland.

Estate = not cool.
    Skoda saloon = cool.
    What a strange country we have created for ourselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Saloon is pure outta proportion, estate way better looks wise. And whatever else wise too :pac: i'd imagine. But only 5 of the estates will ever be sold in Ireland.

Estate = not cool.
    Skoda saloon = cool.

I'd like a powerful estate, M5, E55 AMG or even an Impreza wagon, but I think I'm in the minority

Estate = not cool.
    Skoda saloon = cool.

Estates do look great, just sow white one on carzone.. I think I have a middle life Crysis as I Love estates lately! :D

New skoda octavia looks quite cool too. Why I have to be poor :(.

I'd like a powerful estate, M5, E55 AMG or even an Impreza wagon, but I think I'm in the minority

It does not need to be a very powerfull for me. Above 525 estate, e class estates loos damn great too.
    I sow a lovely red blob eye estate at Subaru BBQ. It was red too. Looked damn great. I would not mind a nice Subaru estate myself.

A legacy turbo, or a forester turbo (before the forester became almost a jeep), would do me nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Estates do look great, just sow white one on carzone.. I think I have a middle life Crysis as I Love estates lately! :D

I think you've been gaming too long :P

I think you've been gaming too long :P

Spell checker on Phone :pac:. I type that more often that a proper word! :D

P.S. You dont want to see my Gaming room/mancave! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Estates do look great, just sow white one on carzone..

Sent a White Superb Elegance DSG Combi (only 140ps though) out at the start of March - is down your general neck of the woods.

Looked much better in White than I thought it would, but didn't look as good as the White Octavia VRS DSG Combi, with Black Alloys, that went on the same day - that thing looked pure evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Nope, Im with you. Rs4 estate for me, or one of those old turbo galant estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Quick Question

Does the mark 4 Golf (1.6) have an interference engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Quick Question

Does the mark 4 Golf (1.6) have an interference engine?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    Yes

you'll laugh when you here this so :D.

One of the lads in college has a 2002 mk 4 1.6. He bought it a year ago and is the proud 14th owner of this fine automobile. It's basically 'felt spec but petrol, not sure what you would call such a thing :p. When he got it it had a chinese copy R32 body kit and rough looking (the front tyres were bald on the outside but perfect on the inside like it had seen 10,000km of understeer) but he had been assured that the timing belt had been changed and not due for another 3 years.
    Anyway, today himself and one of the other lads were fitting HIDs. Got the drivers side done and decided to start the car to see what it looked like. After about a a min the car started to run rough and then cut out.
    I've just been sent a pic of him holding the shredded remains of a timing belt. The best part is that the car is in the Parnell car park and he has no way home :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Driving a rental Nissan Juke dci for week not mad on it seems good on diesel mind! Oh and they are awful looking yoke!

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    you'll laugh when you here this so :D.

............... After about a a min the car started to run rough and then cut out.
    I've just been sent a pic of him holding the shredded remains of a timing belt. The best part is that the car is in the Parnell car park and he has no way home :pac::pac:

I'm struggling to see the punchline tbh :confused:

Is the chap a total w@nker or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Driving a rental Nissan Juke dci for week not mad on it seems good on diesel mind! Oh and they are awful looking yoke!

They are certainly different which is no bad thing.
    Every other car on the market looks like a square box so I suppose the Duke is bound to stand out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement