Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see the punchline tbh :confused:

Is the chap a total w@nker or something?

No not a w@nker at all, very nice lad and a good friend. Reading back I can see how it's not funny if you don't know him/his car. It's just the image of him standing there with the belt in his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

amdaley28 wrote: »
    They are certainly different which is no bad thing.
    Every other car on the market looks like a square box so I suppose the Duke is bound to stand out.
    Not the worst car I've driven but I think I'd much rather spend 25k elsewhere tbh. Bit noisey too expected it to be quieter my own focus I thnk is quieter and that's 2003 tdci.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Not the worst car I've driven but I think I'd much rather spend 25k elsewhere tbh.
    I had one for a week on rental and loved it.

Can't comment on the noise of the diesel as I had a petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

ba_barabus wrote: »

well what was the noise like on the petrol? they always look like hippo's to me, esp the silver/grey ones.

well what was the noise like on the petrol? they always look like hippo's to me, esp the silver/grey ones.

It was quiet enough. TBH as it was a rental and I was outside of Ireland I made the most of what little power it had. I have to say i found it enjoyable to drive. Powerwise it was ok but the handling was enjoyable enough around some tough mountainous roads. Not a sports car but enjoyable in it's own way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Mic. V

5649484030_5d2e4dd2e1_z.jpg

The Toyota Starlet diesel. The thinking skangers choice of car.

This one was pouring out black smoke out the back of it going up the hills. I'd say its days are numbered!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

No not a w@nker at all, very nice lad and a good friend. Reading back I can see how it's not funny if you don't know him/his car. It's just the image of him standing there with the belt in his hand.
    Reckon he'll get a recovery truck in there?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Reckon he'll get a recovery truck in there?

I don't think so. He'll probably roll it down and out of the car park, I offered him a tow home from there :)

Mic. V wrote: »
    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5263/5649484030_5d2e4dd2e1_z.jpg

The Toyota Starlet diesel. The thinking skangers choice of car.

This one was pouring out black smoke out the back of it going up the hills. I'd say its days are numbered!

This has me trying to come up with something clever along the lines of ToyotaDGTboi or DGTfanboi but I don't think it's there :(

Definitely if you could combine the two of them that would be the car of choice :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I had a petrol one for a week in Germany and I hated it! A 1.6 that could barely move under its own power (and I normally drive a daysul) it was a little better with sport mode on, but then was jerky in traffic and sounded like a bag of spanners. The sill on the window is exactly the wrong height for resting your elbow on and putting the in the tickets in car parks. It can do 190kmh on the autobahn if held flat out for about 5k. Handled allright though for a crossover yoke. Brakes werent anything to write home about either!

• Advertisement

pred racer wrote: »
    I had a petrol one for a week in Germany and I hated it! A 1.6 that could barely move under its own power (and I normally drive a daysul) it was a little better with sport mode on, but then was jerky in traffic and sounded like a bag of spanners. The sill on the window is exactly the wrong height for resting your elbow on and putting the in the tickets in car parks. It can do 190kmh on the autobahn if held flat out for about 5k. Handled allright though for a crossover yoke. Brakes werent anything to write home about either!

My wasn't high speed driving but mostly B-roads. As I had full insurance cover I drove it in the traditional manner which a rental should be driven in. That's probably more the reason why I enjoyed it.

Not a sports car as said but I think the chassis had more to give

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

pred racer wrote: »

God help the poor bloke who hops into that car after yourself....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

My wasn't high speed driving but mostly B-roads. As I had full insurance cover I drove it in the traditional manner which a rental should be driven in. That's probably more the reason why I enjoyed it.

Not a sports car as said but I think the chassis had more to give
    Dont worry i'm quite the traditionalist when it comes to rental cars;)
    I wasnt paying for the car, the insurance or even the petrol, in fact I was being paid while I drove it.........and I still hated it:pac:
    166man wrote: »
    God help the poor bloke who hops into that car after yourself....:pac:

Sure I just loosened it up for him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    This has me trying to come up with something clever along the lines of ToyotaDGTboi or DGTfanboi but I don't think it's there :(

Definitely if you could combine the two of them that would be the car of choice :p:pac:

Starlet DGT ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Starlet DGT ? :pac:

Yes, I've died a little inside :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads. Are there age distractions for cyclist on public roads?
    Had two little ****s of age 7-10 on a single bike driving in town. To make it worse they were just all over the road.

I swear, I just wanted to get out of the car and give them good few kicks up the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I've always thought they resemble bulldogs that have been chewing pissed-on nettles. That said, they're still not as ugly as the Rodius.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

The top Duke (NISSAN JUKE Sports Utility Vehicle 1.6 DIG-T SPORT) is just over €24K.
    Top speed of 134mph with 0-62 in 8sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

This is what is needed I think for a quiet Sunday drive :eek:

http://www.carzone.ie/news/Dubai-police-seize-jet-fuelled-Nissan-Patrol-newsitem575.html

Hey guys, just looking for peoples opinions on this.

I went to view a relatively new (2007) car today. A UK import, still on UK plates at a dealership (name withheld) in Dublin today.

Going by the pictures, it looked very well for a car with high mileage. I went to have a look and it turned out the photos didn't tell a lie, bar two small things I found on the two rear wheel arches.

It looks like someone has done some welding on the rear wheel arches but never resprayed the arches afterwards. Most of the work looks to be at the bottom, near the end of the doors.

As a result, I walked. I told the dealer I may be back. It was a very well presented car, and it was priced very well. I'm in two minds whether or not to go back.

I have photos but can't upload to flickr at the moment, I'll get them up later.

I'm wondering if people think I should just leave it completely or maybe make an offer on it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Have you done a backround check ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

What kind of car was it? Is it possibly a poor rust repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Did you ask about what you saw? What did the dealer say about it?

I didn't do any checks on the car, yet. I just popped after work in for a quick look on my own as I saw it this morning when I was getting diesel. I suspect it is poor rust repair but I didn't realise cars could get so bad within a short space of time. My own 2007 407 has been a UK car up until 2011 when it was brought into Ireland. It doesn't seem to have any rust on it. I asked about it but I couldn't get a straight answer. His answer was it is the only bit of damage on the car and he doesn't know what caused it. Apologies for the very poor photos, tried to get the best I could with the camera flash from my phone.

This side doesn't seem too bad,
    8575907026_f2c98204ef_z.jpg

This side however,
    8575906960_1fc3252179_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That looks horrific! :eek:

What kind of car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Get away ta fvck from that yoke fast! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

A garage is selling that?
    All I can say is they are not a garage I'd be dealing with.

Thanks for that guys.

Its an Audi A6. I just can't get my head around how bad that rust has gotten in such a short space of time. I would imagine it doesn't get any better underneath the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Lads. Are there age restriction for cyclist on public roads?
    Had two little ****s of age 7-10 on a single bike driving in town. To make it worse they were just all over the road.

I swear, I just wanted to get out of the car and give them good few kicks up the arse!

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mic. V wrote: »
    Thanks for that guys.

Its an Audi A6. I just can't get my head around how bad that rust has gotten in such a short space of time. I would imagine it doesn't get any better underneath the car.

Is she a swimmer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement