Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OH AYE! :pac:

Put me down on my Birthday! I was expecting a cake with two naked guys jumping out of it and i got feck all! Misses just does not love me enough!

Oh, Happy Birthday SH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

OH AYE! :pac:

Put me down on my Birthday! I was expecting a cake with two naked guys jumping out of it and i got feck all! Misses just does not love me enough!

Did you star in lemon party??!

Happy breastday man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread cleaned up, if people can't behave like civil adults in here they will be banned from this thread.

If you have an issue with a post,report it.Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thread cleaned up, if people can't behave like civil adults in here they will be banned from this thread.

If you have an issue with a post,report it.Enough said.
    Do we have to behave like adults? I mean I find that a hard enough thing to do in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Do we have to behave like adults? I mean I find that a hard enough thing to do in real life

At least pretend somewhat. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    you'll laugh when you here this so :D.

One of the lads in college has a 2002 mk 4 1.6. He bought it a year ago and is the proud 14th owner of this fine automobile. It's basically 'felt spec but petrol, not sure what you would call such a thing :p. When he got it it had a chinese copy R32 body kit and rough looking (the front tyres were bald on the outside but perfect on the inside like it had seen 10,000km of understeer) but he had been assured that the timing belt had been changed and not due for another 3 years.
    Anyway, today himself and one of the other lads were fitting HIDs. Got the drivers side done and decided to start the car to see what it looked like. After about a a min the car started to run rough and then cut out.
    I've just been sent a pic of him holding the shredded remains of a timing belt. The best part is that the car is in the Parnell car park and he has no way home :pac::pac:

Just to follow up on this, my friend went to Galway yesterday and picked up a Mk4 GTI, His insurance is only going to be 400 extra a year.

Clouds and their silver linings and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Just to follow up on this, my friend went to Galway yesterday and picked up a Mk4 GTI, His insurance is only going to be 400 extra a year.

Clouds and their silver linings and all that :)
    Mk 4 GTI? Hmmm... I still only see clouds to be honest!! :D

Dodgy chicken at lunch, apologies if you saw some numpty puking his ring out outside the post office off Camden st, that was most likely me :(

This will be an unpleasent drive home :(

dgt wrote: »
    Dodgy chicken at lunch, apologies if you saw some numpty puking his ring out outside the post office off Camden st, that was most likely me :(

Awww sh*t one man :(

How long is the drive home?

Awww sh*t one man :(

How long is the drive home?

35ish miles, not too bad. Just this weather brings out everyone and the wors in everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Jimdagym wrote: »
    NCT today, 3.15. Real one, not the fake one like 3 weeks ago that I missed!

Wish me luck :pac:

Sooooo, this could not have gone worse....

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Mk 4 GTI? Hmmm... I still only see clouds to be honest!! :D

How so?
    35ish miles, not too bad. Just this weather brings out everyone and the wors in everyone!

Irish peoples ability to drive like mongs in the rain is incredible alright :rolleyes:
    Just take it easy and don't get sick in the car! that will really make the rest of the trip miserable :pac:
    Sooooo, this could not have gone worse....

How bad was it?

How bad was it?

Pretty bad. Car **** the bed on the way to the test center. It is currently sitting on the side of the m1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

:(

You could end up needing another new interior (and not because of man mayo this time :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Bin bags on the seat ?:pac: Or fertiliser bags for hillbilly cred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Pretty bad. Car **** the bed on the way to the test center. It is currently sitting on the side of the m1 :eek:
    mmm nice day for it, hard luck!

langdang wrote: »
    mmm nice day for it, hard luck!

Cheers. She was bringing it down so my info is limited. There was a clunk, and warning lights, and it was very hard to brake. Bit of a spill on the road and then smoke or steam from the engine "area. I am hoping its a burst brake hose/connection, but i have no idea how bad it is at all. Happened at 2.50 and the aa still haven't picked it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

got car back from service including timing belt and water pump, today found out theres a hole in the radiator. yay !

left without a car tonight and tomorrow which means no work in dominos tonight and off nct tomorrow too.. no car til tomorrow or Saturday or whenever its fixed.. balls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

got car back from service including timing belt and water pump, today found out theres a hole in the radiator. yay !

left without a car tonight and tomorrow which means no work in dominos tonight and off nct tomorrow too.. no car til tomorrow or Saturday or whenever its fixed.. balls anyway.

You bought two Honda's and a Volvo and you seem to have sold the most reliable Honda... Your car luck is unreal!

Buy a bicycle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

166man wrote: »

You bought two Honda's and a Volvo and you seem to have sold the most reliable Honda... Your car luck is unreal!

Buy a bicycle! :D

the crv seems to be the most reliable but only had that for about 3 months !

according to the garage it they say that the new water pump probably did it but I dont understand that ... but it was fine when I got it then ehen I got it back it needed a lot of coolant ! :/

volvo should be reliable so hopefully wont be a problem car !

• Advertisement

Am home now, didn't need to stop again (except to take pics of potholes :P)

Must bring fertiliser bags in the boot, a toppin' suggestion :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Man I'm broken down on the way home to Kilkenny on the motorway trying to find a breakdown company to tow me back to Kilkenny. So ones on his way hell be at least an hour though.

Bpmull wrote: »
    Man I'm broken down on the way home to Kilkenny on the motorway trying to find a breakdown company to tow me back to Kilkenny. So ones on his way hell be at least an hour though.

What happened? :(

Not nice especially in this weather, hope you get home safely :)

What happened? :(

Not nice especially in this weather, hope you get home safely :)

Thanks lad. I just lost all power no acceleration response. So pulled in engine cut out and it just won't start again its a pain. No warning lights until it lost power and it said steering fault but apparently they say that anyway. It's not a nice feeling recovery is on the way but they will still am hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ hope you get home safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Happy birthday Sh!tHead :D :P

Still on the motorway 3 hours here now. Hopefully the recovery truck will be here in the next half an hour. To even find one to drive from Kilkenny to cork was hardship. I'm defiantly joining aa tomorrow. They wouldn't come out as I'm not a member they said even if I joined. The rain is unreal too so heavy. Thank lads for all the well wishes I appreciate it. It's not a nice experience tbh. First time it's happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Still on the motorway 3 hours here now. Hopefully the recovery truck will be here in the next half an hour. To even find one to drive from Kilkenny to cork was hardship. I'm defiantly joining aa tomorrow. They wouldn't come out as I'm not a member they said even if I joined. The rain is unreal too so heavy. Thank lads for all the well wishes I appreciate it. It's not a nice experience tbh. First time it's happened to me.

Mind me asking is your Focus a 1.6 TDCI?

Sorry to hear what's happened as well, awful night to be happening too.

Ah no! How come its taking so long? :(

I suppose it's different for us here, it's all in-house... Failing that we know a recovery driver well and he always comes out to us when were stuck relatively quick (unless he's out of the country)

How was the van this morning as in how did it drive, feel, start etc?

It's a fairly nasty experience....! :( Hang in there! :D

• Advertisement

The van was perfect there was no problems with it till I literally stopped on the road. Had a look at the engine there is no oil leaks no diesel around the injectors. It seems as if its not getting fuel. I serviced it last week but never done the fuel filter so you'd have to wonder. If its a simple as a fuel filter ill be blessed. As for the brake down truck he left Kilkenny at 7 and the weather is so bad I suppose it will take him a good 2 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement