Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

are any of the regulars on here from waterford city?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

speaking of s200s, 1800 full comp for me with aviva :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You're some man for your insurance quotes!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

http://t.co/c4uPMw5T

Top and bottom most and least stylish cars.
    Two alfas in the top three :D

Jesus man, you're obsessed, I reckon you need to decide on a top three of cars to narrow it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Only 1800.... :p

• Advertisement

ah im just throwing everything in that i like, cant do any harm, except maybe wreck all yere heads :) (especially the older folk who would have had to pay about 3k for similar cars back in the day :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want this one. :)

cant see it cos im not a member :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Now that is a thing of beauty

2-7.jpg

1-8.jpg

cant see it cos im not a member :(

I'd quote the post but I can't because I've not paid to use the classifieds. :(

1-8.jpg
    2-7.jpg

He's looking for £6,500. Conversion+VRT is about €9,500 which puts it right in range. :)

Edit: That. ^^^ Haha

• Advertisement

Ridiculously expensive imo.

Really? With a fair hunk of extras and only 67k miles its not too bad.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Really? With a fair hunk of extras and only 67k miles its not too bad.

When you add in vrt yes, it's a gorgeous car no doubt but you'd easily get one to that spec for less money.

I guess yeah. He's had it up with little interest or a while now so it might be worth throwing a low ball at him.
    Don't think he has it advertised elsewhere.

I guess yeah. He's had it up with little interest or a while now so it might be worth throwing a low ball at him.
    Don't think he has it advertised elsewhere.

Mine cost ALOT less than 2 years ago, with the same coilovers and including the hardtop.

Well as I said, low ball!
    He might be expecting it and leaving room to haggle.

How much would you say it's worth, out of curiosity?

How much would you say it's worth, out of curiosity?

It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it... ;)

So currently nothing. :p

So currently nothing. :p

Wouldn't be to everyones taste I guess is the problem and well it's a 2l petrol car which returns about 25mpg.Stunning s2000 in my eyes though.

Yeah, this is a difficult country for performance cars. If I could change anything about it would be that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah, this is a difficult country for performance cars. If I could change anything about it would be that. :(

How much are they looking for it?

And does it include a hardtop?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Wouldn't be to everyones taste I guess is the problem and well it's a 2l petrol car which returns about 25mpg.Stunning s2000 in my eyes though.

To be quite honest, it sickens me that all most people want these days is diesel, huge mpg, and all that kind of crap. I hate the fact that Ireland has become so bloody obsessed with diesel, even the people who don't need them and only bought them to avail of "cheap tax" bullsh!t.

I just hope I'm still alive when people return from the dead and realise that there are cars out there that are worth buying for the sheer fun and noise. Obviously I'm talking about petrol performance cars which are gone so cheap now and they're STILL not being bought.

My only question is, how long will it take? There's a smell of the whole thing and it's causing cancer.

Stheno wrote: »

How much are they looking for it?

And does it include a hardtop?

£6,500, €9,500 legally on this side of the border.

No mention of one in the add.

Edit: who wants to get into politics and campaign for the outlaw or at least high taxes on diesel because if it's carcinogens and I'll effects on our planet?
    High octane petrol shall also be cheap and widely available. :D

£6,500, €9,500 legally on this side of the border.

No mention of one in the add.

Year? sorry should have asked that too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

To be quite honest, it sickens me that all most people want these days is diesel, huge mpg, and all that kind of crap. I hate the fact that Ireland has become so bloody obsessed with diesel, even the people who don't need them and only bought them to avail of "cheap tax" bullsh!t.

I just hope I'm still alive when people return from the dead and realise that there are cars out there that are worth buying for the sheer fun and noise. Obviously I'm talking about petrol performance cars which are gone so cheap now and they're STILL not being bought.

My only question is, how long will it take? There's a smell of the whole thing and it's causing cancer.

Only people to blame are the government though

Did they hold a gun to your head and force you to buy a dirt burner? Even if it is faster than my "twin cam" petrol. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Did they hold a gun to your head and force you to buy a dirt burner? Even if it is faster than my "twin cam" petrol. :p

They didn't hold a gun to my head and make me buy a 3 litre petrol either ;)

This is true in a way but people don't understand that they are now paying a premium for lower tax cars compared to what they would buy an older petrol car for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

People buy high MPG cars and all this ''diesel bull****'' because they might need that car. Not everyone is a car enthusiast and just want the cheapest most economical car available to them.

Not everyone who bought a diesel over the last 4 years bought it for cheap tax too.

I'm a huge petrol fan but there are some cars where the diesel is actually a nicer engine. Take a Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCI and a 2.0 petrol. I'd assume the diesel is the nicer of the two to drive with more power and torque while giving far superior fuel economy. It's a no brainer if doing a higher mileage.

Ya petrol fanboi ya...:pac:

That's a slight stretch of the truth imo.

All the pre 2008 stuff has been actually made cheaper due to the move to eco, diesel modern stuff. Large cc and fast stuff is essentially cheaper now than ever. CC based motor tax is much the same it was 10 years ago all things considered.

Petrol is expensive but so is diesel.

Many petrol 2008 cars are cheaper to tax on the emissions system than on the cc system.

Many modern diesel drivers don't do high mileage.

• Advertisement

Exactly, you were free to buy a 3l TT. :)
    It's not the governments fault, people spend so much on their cars anyway, spending less on the initial price to allow for high taxes is totally viable for a serious heap of wanna be farmers these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement